Broncos 2012/13 Offseason Thread

Interesting video of Gibb up on the Broncos site.

Usually they're the standard...'been working hard, boys are looking good, want to play more games' yada yada yada but there was a bit more info here.

Sounds like Hook's still concerned about size and strength as opposed to speed and finnesse. Gibb mentioned everybody across the board has been told to put on size. Also spoke about how he's improved his own personal game by concentrating on the defence and wrestle - I reckon 2013 is going to be one ugly season!

Also when asked which player to look out for in 2013 he specifically mention Sanderson. Could be just a QCup thing but I reckon Sanderson is definitely the favourite for the vacant prop bench spot.

SIze?? Thought we lacked Pace massively across the board last year.

Defensively and wrestling its vital areas we need to work on so I'm happy to see that, our defence and ability to slow down the opposition really struggled last season, thats why I'm glad to see a player like Stagg come into the side. Speed and finesses is great for some players, others it isn't, I'm not saying its great to go all focused on strength and size either, its balance that we need to focus on.

As for Anderson well this is make or break season for him and I hope he does lift, his off contract in 2013 so his either going to have to show something or I reckon the club will let him go.

That's the problem though GC, it doesn't sound like there is any balance there - it just seems like Hook is solely concentrating on size and strength. It was a criticism I've seen made of him from a few sources and I reckon it's going to have an effect, especially on our backs.

Anybody else catch the 01 Warriors clash? Not exactly pretty viewing, Brisbane were without Tallis, Lockyer and would go onto lose Ikin yet were in it right until the end. Civo was pretty awesome up-front, just a typical relentless Bulla performance where he kept bending the line back even when he had little to no support. Webby made a similar impact but was his own worst enemy at times throwing passes that didn't need to be thrown and making classic Webby errors. Despite it being a pretty ordinary performance, we were right in it until Shane Walker showed little or no urgency to get to dummy half in the dying stages of the match. Couple of tackles later, Jones would slot over a pretty easy field goal and Brisbane simply didn't have the structure in attack to win.

Surely I can't be the only person who enjoys the nostalgia of old games?

Sounds like Hook's still concerned about size and strength as opposed to speed and finnesse. Gibb mentioned everybody across the board has been told to put on size. Also spoke about how he's improved his own personal game by concentrating on the defence and wrestle - I reckon 2013 is going to be one ugly season!

If I read how Norman or Hoffman have been buffing up I'll rage. I guess it's fine if it's the forwards and what not, even though some variety would be nice too. But I'd prefer a speedier spine and at least one quick winger and centre.

Well it has been recorded that Hoffman has actually been losing weight, so that's something lol

Broncos are planning a new $20 million high performance centre which by the sounds of things could even include the relocation of the football department.

Broncos are planning a new $20 million high performance centre which by the sounds of things could even include the relocation of the football department.

That is good news. Now to hear about the Club planning on signing some quality players.

Nah, more like following through on the strategy of developing our own players. The class of the Toyota Cup 2008 has produced a few good'uns (Glenn, Yow Yeh, Hunt, McCullough).

I wonder how many other teams can boast having as many graduates from their Toyota Cup squad playing in their NRL squads.

Tough start, a few losses in a row, injuries to the usual culprits and there could be plenty of pain for Hook and supporters.

Usual Origin drain and we could be sitting 10-12 coming into the second half post Origin.

Will take an almighty rally to pull it back, but better than a fade out this year?

That's the problem though GC, it doesn't sound like there is any balance there - it just seems like Hook is solely concentrating on size and strength. It was a criticism I've seen made of him from a few sources and I reckon it's going to have an effect, especially on our backs.

Definitely and its a concern of mine too, I wasn't trying to give the impression that I thought focusing on that one area as a whole was right for balance cause it isn't, having said that I don't think we can also jump to the conclusion thats what it is either, I've seen photos of players of both instances, some looked stronger and bigger and others looked probably fitter then they have in a while. I will say one thing though we do really need to work on our defence and wrestling, both really let us down last season, people seem focused heavily on our attack, but you cant afford to leak gift points.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • davidp
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • dasherhalo
  • phoenix
  • LittleDavey
  • Lostboy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.