Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Who wrote that shit? Norman was an epic fail last year

In the back half of the season his form was rubbish, but for the first half, I recall a lot of people being impressed.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So because one example where two halfbacks in a combination that didn't work(it was more of Langer's own performance then the actual combination that had more reason why it didnt work) that means Prince and Wallace shouldn't be together, sorry to say but Langer's combination with another halfback wasn't just with Stuart at test level, Kevin Walters was very much a halfback put into 5/8th to cover Lewis's injury absence and as a longterm replacement for him who I dare say combined very well with Langer at the Broncos.

Don't get me wrong I can see there are valid arguments for having different style halves but I don't think you can dismiss having both Prince and Wallace there just because of one instance where it didn't work in the history of Rugby League when there have been other examples where it has worked.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
In the back half of the season his form was rubbish, but for the first half, I recall a lot of people being impressed.

Indeed though If I'm not mistaken Wallace was doing extremely well too on our own POTS vote, both you could argue dived pretty hard, I thought Hunt was probably the best of the 3 during our slump. I'll be honest I'm still not sold on a rock solid combination in the halves for round 1, I'm interested to see who really stands out in the following 2 trials before making up my mind as to who I would like to be there, about the only certainty IMO is Prince, the other is well up for grabs.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Very happy to hear the warriors trial match will be on channel 9.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, because the game of rugby league in 2013 is played exactly the same as it was in 1990. Mike Colman says some absolutely stupid shit sometimes.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Is there a league columnist who doesn't ?

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Is there a league columnist who doesn't ?

Funniest one I read was Paul Kent informing ASADA about a product called hypertronin and from his info they are going to ban it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We'll see what happens with Smith retires ;)

We sure will - macca will be the rep hooker and you will be too gutless to admit your wrong

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Speaking of McC .....he hasn't been named in tonight's trial.

Problems..?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
wtf is wrong with you....?

It was a simple question. I'm not now nor have ever been anti-McCullough.

wanker!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Gentlemen...

Fourex, I suspect Macca is being rested for two reasons. Firstly, he's already assured of the starting spot come Round 1. Also, he didn't resume full training until a little after the majority as he was recovering from shoulder surgery - I suspect Hook wants him to catch up a bit more before he throws him back into the mix.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Gentlemen...

Fourex, I suspect Macca is being rested for two reasons. Firstly, he's already assured of the starting spot come Round 1. Also, he didn't resume full training until a little after the majority as he was recovering from shoulder surgery - I suspect Hook wants him to catch up a bit more before he throws him back into the mix.

Ahh.......thanks Pete.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
does this game usually sell out? i see tickets are only available at the gate now, should of thought that one through a little better - would i need to get there really early to avoid missing out? bit of a trek to get there and be turned away.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, trials usually go close to selling out. Try calling and asking if they can hold a ticket.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, trials usually go close to selling out. Try calling and asking if they can hold a ticket.

you can buy tickets on line just go to the Redcliffe Dolphins website. $22 for a GA ticket

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
nah not on game day. i'd expected they'd be avilable for sale up til say 3pm or something but not at all today. still tossing up whether to head out.. weathers a bit off putting. anyone else going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • marw
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.