Broncos 2013 Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't like Anderson in a Broncos jersey. If he's good enough to play, sure whatever, but I can't say I'm a fan.

I hope Ando has better luck with injury this year. He had a bumper offseason last year, was all primed ready to go, then suffered some injuries and had a very mediocre year.

Sounds like he's worked just as hard this offseason, so hopefully he gets a bit of luck. Honestly once he gets that lazy error out of his game he'll be a decent first grade prop.

Cut the stupid mistakes out (seems to make one every game he plays, and at the most crucial moment!) and he might be a handy player. Needs to improve a lot to convince me though.

He seems like a good egg, so I hope he goes well.

Cut the stupid mistakes out (seems to make one every game he plays, and at the most crucial moment!) and he might be a handy player. Needs to improve a lot to convince me though.

He seems like a good egg, so I hope he goes well.

Yeah that's kind of how I feel. His bad mistakes would drive me crazy, always at the worst possible time in a game. He does seem to have a good attitude though and we could really use a good backup prop for our forward rotation.

Webcke would always make 1 or 2 silly errors in a game, but you knew after it his next runs were going to be 200% to make up for it.

Predictions for Saturday?

Always difficult to predict but if I was to play it safe I'd stick with the home side. Not only will they be used to the conditions, they've got a bunch of Test players playing as well as a few first grade regulars. The Broncos side is chockers full of Q-Cup & NYC players proving themselves and I can see it hurting them.

Mind you with trials, it isn't so much the result that's important but rather the performances. I'd love to hear everyone had a 10/10 performance but specifically I'd be interested to hear how Bond, Berryman, Hunt, J. Wallace & Timu go.

You're cruising for a bruising Edo.

Predictions for Saturday?

Always difficult to predict but if I was to play it safe I'd stick with the home side. Not only will they be used to the conditions, they've got a bunch of Test players playing as well as a few first grade regulars. The Broncos side is chockers full of Q-Cup & NYC players proving themselves and I can see it hurting them.

Mind you with trials, it isn't so much the result that's important but rather the performances. I'd love to hear everyone had a 10/10 performance but specifically I'd be interested to hear how Bond, Berryman, Hunt, J. Wallace & Timu go.

Agree. And they will. Big off season and they'd be itching for a game.

Other than Origin coverage, amongst those IMO I can only see Timu being a real threat for a bench spot in Round 1.

I've got a new theory about Granville as a bolter for the 14 jersey. He might provide something explosive (dummy half running) as backup hooker while Macca is resting rather than Hunt who is solid but not a natural hooker.

Terrorising other teams big forwards at the 25/30 minute and 55-65 minute mark out of dummy half would really give our weak prop rotation a boost.

It's just a trial so I couldn't care less about the result, would like too see us play and well and win though. As I said earlier in this thread I think we will get a real work over as the Cowboys are fielding a few first graders.

Agree. And they will. Big off season and they'd be itching for a game.

Other than Origin coverage, amongst those IMO I can only see Timu being a real threat for a bench spot in Round 1.

I've got a new theory about Granville as a bolter for the 14 jersey. He might provide something explosive (dummy half running) as backup hooker while Macca is resting rather than Hunt who is solid but not a natural hooker.

Terrorising other teams big forwards at the 25/30 minute and 55-65 minute mark out of dummy half would really give our weak prop rotation a boost.

Yeah, I'd like to see us go with a proper hooker off the bench. Firstly, provide fresh legs out of dummy half (which is an incredibly underused tactic IMO), and secondly actually provide some competition for the hooking role. It's obvious that Hunt was no threat, but having someone who is a threat there, could either fire Macca up, or possibly replace him with someone better.

There is no replacing Macca, future captain.

There is no replacing Macca, future captain.

100% I really don't know what macca some people are watching with all this replace him s***

I'm yet to see what you guys see in Macca. He's always talked about before every season as though he's going to set the competition alight but he never does, he hasn't really went up a level in his past few years.

I hope I'm wrong and he really does become a star this year because boy do we need a few players to step up and lead, Macca plays a crucial position so his form is hugely important to the team.

This will be maccas big breakout year. A return of the Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.