Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Hooker is still a problem, it's always a problem when he throws passes too far behind, too high up or too far in front, and never off the ground... it's just not as big a problem as the halves right now, who'd struggle even with quality service.

They aren't going to do that, they said, they would honour his full contract whether he plays or not.

To be honest, I think they will find a way to pay him outside of the cap or appeal to the NRL to pay him.

Honestly believe clubs should be allowed to pay blokes like Yow Yeh their full wages and have it outside of the cap. His livelihood has most likely been ruined by that injury, he still deserves what he worked so hard for.

Why would this affect our ability/inability to sign DCE? Would he prefer less money in your opinion?

if smith doesn't like the look of our club i don't think its going to do much to entice a player like DCE who is at a stable club who will no doubt enjoy success in the years to come.

id go after DCE but i dont expect it to happen. not because of any failing of the broncos heirachy, i just dont think dce will leave manly

if smith doesn't like the look of our club i don't think its going to do much to entice a player like DCE who is at a stable club who will no doubt enjoy success in the years to come.

'the look of our club' may have nothing to do with his decision. kind of stupid to assume that.

His staying in Melbourne because his young family are settled there from all reports. So your suggesting DCE is thinking about coming and he picks up the paper and reads smith is staying in Melbourne. "Oh darl, smith is staying in Melbourne. I was keen to sign with them and earn far less due to the money he would take up, but if he's not going to move his young family then there must be something wrong at red hill"

It has been reported that the Storm raised their offer by 400k a season at the last minute when it looked as if he WOULD sign with us.

the extra 400k a season, which makes their offer reportedly bigger than our massive offer, was the clincher.

I think DCE would love to play with his mates at the Broncos. See him on instagram? He never talks to Manly guys. Just Broncos players. The money we can offer him will be a ridiculous amount. Future captain too. I don't even think Gee could mess that one up.

His staying in Melbourne because his young family are settled there from all reports. So your suggesting DCE is thinking about coming and he picks up the paper and reads smith is staying in Melbourne. "Oh darl, smith is staying in Melbourne. I was keen to sign with them and earn far less due to the money he would take up, but if he's not going to move his young family then there must be something wrong at red hill"

I think Smith staying would actually be a draw card to getting DCE here. Its well known he wants the captaincy of a club, if Smith was here he would have no chance.

DCE won't sign with Broncos. He does not want to leave Manly, ever. Manly will offload players to keep him and will do whatever it takes. They know how important he is.

Broncos can try, but they're wasting their time.

I believe Smith was our best hope of luring superstars to the club.

DCE won't sign with Broncos. He does not want to leave Manly, ever. Manly will offload players to keep him and will do whatever it takes. They know how important he is.

Broncos can try, but they're wasting their time.

Whilst Manly are releasing good players to keep him, we're offering him a spot to play with his mates for really good money and future captaincy. I honestly can't see how you guys think Manly is a better option? Some people also like a challenge.

Also having Smith at the club wouldn't help lure superstars as it would take up a lot of the salary cap, in turn not even allowing us to chase these superstars.

Whilst Manly are releasing good players to keep him, we're offering him a spot to play with his mates for really good money and future captaincy. I honestly can't see how you guys think Manly is a better option? Some people also like a challenge.

He would get the same thing at Manly, and a better chance of success. Why would he leave?

There is nothing Broncos can offer that Manly can't, and considering he does not want to leave Manly, I don't see any scenario where he leaves the club to come to Brisbane.

I want him at the club as much as the next bloke, I just don't think it's a realistic option.

Long gone are the days in league where stars would sign for massive unders because they want to play with superstars. If they weren't Melbourne would be able to field the Australian team without the second set of books

He would get the same thing at Manly, and a better chance of success. Why would he leave?

There is nothing Broncos can offer that Manly can't, and considering he does not want to leave Manly, I don't see any scenario where he leaves the club to come to Brisbane.

I want him at the club as much as the next bloke, I just don't think it's a realistic option.

How do you know he doesn't want to leave? If gifty ends up staying it is a huge chance he will want to leave?

Apparently manly view foran as their captain after Lyon so that could also cause issues. The fact is we just don't know

Better chance of success? I don't agree with this at all. Manly are losing players left, right and centre. They're unable to keep the superstars they have. Their board is also constantly arguing too? There's no way he will get the same at Manly. All they can offer him that we can is the captaincy. And who would you rather captain? The Brisbane Broncos? Amongst the likes of Wally Lewis, Alfie Langer, Darren Lockyer? Or Manly?

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • heartly87
  • The Don
  • Griffo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.