Broncos - 2015 Discussion

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
think theres a bit more to his decision than "wanting to play with my mates".

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
How do you know he doesn't want to leave? If gifty ends up staying it is a huge chance he will want to leave?

Apparently manly view foran as their captain after Lyon so that could also cause issues. The fact is we just don't know

Nothing anywhere has said he doesn't want to leave. His girlfriend is from there so she might not want to but nothing has ever said that DCE doesn't want to leave Manly.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
And who would you rather captain? The Brisbane Broncos? Amongst the likes of Wally Lewis, Alfie Langer, Darren Lockyer? Or Manly?

you're asking a broncos supporter and comparing that to a manly player who's club has given him everything so far.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
hahaha look at the people who down play my input its always the same ones. so predictable. pr your forte?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
"We've made it pretty clear that we enjoy playing our footy together. I think we've also made it pretty clear we'd love to be one-club players together for the next seven to ten years," Cherry-Evans was quoted by AAP.

DCE Commits To Manly | NRL | Triple M

He makes it clear he wants to be a one-club player.

And I have no idea who Gifty is...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The fact is, the Broncos will have to rely on things going very wrong at Manly to even get the slightest chance of signing DCE.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i just get tired of the constant 'recruitment bashing' when in both smith and DCE's case we, as with every other club, are very much up against the odds, for no other reason other than both players have obvious and excellent reasons for staying where they are.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
"We've made it pretty clear that we enjoy playing our footy together. I think we've also made it pretty clear we'd love to be one-club players together for the next seven to ten years," Cherry-Evans was quoted by AAP.

DCE Commits To Manly | NRL | Triple M

He makes it clear he wants to be a one-club player.

And I have no idea who Gifty is...

Did you read past that line?

"But we're both smart enough to understand in this day and age with salary cap restrictions that it would be awfully hard to do that."

DCE is a smart boy, he's covering all bases, even if he would like to partner Foran for the next decade, he knows that salary cap and other issues will more than likely prevent it.

In come the Broncos in 2016, offering more money and guaranteed club captaincy for the next 10 years to him.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did you read past that line?

DCE is a smart boy, he's covering all bases, even if he would like to partner Foran for the next decade, he knows that salary cap and other issues will more than likely prevent it.

In come the Broncos in 2016, offering more money and guaranteed club captaincy for the next 10 years to him.

I did read past that line. Did you read what I said earlier in the thread?

There is nothing Broncos can offer that Manly can't.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
why do people think we can offer DCE the captaincy any sooner than manly can? we just made parker and hodgo the captains. they arent going to be dumped to hand it to DCE.

he'll be sooner the captain at manly than with us.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The fact is, the Broncos will have to rely on things going very wrong at Manly to even get the slightest chance of signing DCE.

How is that a fact? Facts aren't just made up opinions that someone thinks is the only right one.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm sure Manly would be happy to do what Broncos did and make Foran & DCE both captains if it keeps them at the club.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
why do people think we can offer DCE the captaincy any sooner than manly can? we just made parker and hodgo the captains. they arent going to be dumped to hand it to DCE.

he'll be sooner the captain at manly than with us.

Not if Manly view Foran as the next captain.

It has been reported from several sources that it is his wife that wants to remain in the manly area. his family are in Brisbane and his father is good mates with White.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
hahaha look at the people who down play my input its always the same ones. so predictable. pr your forte?

It's a conspiracy against you man. But no, you're right, everything sucks at the Broncos and we'll never sign another superstar again! We will also never find a young superstar to bring to our club because of Gee. Also, SACK GRIFFIN!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Can we not turn this into another fucking Griffin thread?

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
It's a conspiracy against you man. But no, you're right, everything sucks at the Broncos and we'll never sign another superstar again! We will also never find a young superstar to bring to our club because of Gee. Also, SACK GRIFFIN!
hahahaha about as laughable as your avatar. Please quote me again when we do sign a superstar, or unearth someone worth mentioning. or do they all have to be disgruntled with their club?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
hahahaha about as laughable as your avatar. Please quote me again when we do sign a superstar, or unearth someone worth mentioning. or do they all have to be disgruntled with their club?

2012 Dally M winner, Ben Barba? Possible State of Origin 18th man before his injury, Martin Kennedy. We've signed stars just last year dude. Have a look at our under 20s team and tell me there is nobody there worth mentioning?

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Jazza
  • Lostboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.