Broncos - 2015 Discussion

I don't feel comfortable with any more Griffins at the Broncos.

I feel the same way.. I also think I've subconsciously held a grudge against Jarrod Wallace because of his last name..

Have we got a kicker yet?? Or are we gonna milk a couple of penalties in front of the posts every game to make up for the missed conversions?

Knowing Bennett's proclivity for penalty kicks I'd say there's a 100% chance of this happening, and frankly it's not a bad tactic considering how many games we seemingly lost on conversions.

And thats off this years form, imagine he could do if he had 2010's form.
That list is ridiculous tbh. Everybody knows I'm no Tomkins fan, but how on earth is he 10th?

Boyd will have to be at 2010 level to even come close to Top 8 in that ranking, as I see Tedesco, Tomkins and RTS being better next season, although I reckon Morgan won't repeat last year's feat...

Why is Brett Morris on there?

He hasn't played fullback in 2 years..

If we're going off projected positions, then surely Gidley shouldn't be on the list?

Fullback power rankings

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...arting-fullbacks/story-fniabjcr-1227135348763

1. Greg Inglis
2. Billy Slater
3. Matt Moylan
4. Brett Stewart
5. Josh Dugan
6. Michael Morgan
7. Brett Morris
8. Darius Boyd
9. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
10. Sam Tomkins
11. James Tedesco
12. Michael Gordon
13. Josh Hoffman
14. Will Hopoate
15. Jack Wighton
16. Kurt Gidley

I love how they omitted Milford because he is going to be in the 6 for us. He was easily in the top 4 fullbacks in 2014 despite being in a bottom four side.

I wonder who would be FB for the Maroons if Bennett was coach

Since that list is meant to be for the 2014 season only, makes it even more ridiculous. Where's Jarryd Hayne in that list. Arguably the best fullback in the 2014 season. For best fullbacks in the game (regardless of 2014 form), I'd say:

1. Slater
2. Inglis
3. Hayne
4. Barba
5. Stewart
6. Boyd
7. Dugan
8. Tomkins (Who in my opinion will move up the list in the future)
9. Moylan
10. Hoffman
11. Hiku
12. Robinson (I think he was wonderful at fullback for Canberra, but due to lack of opportunity he's lower on the list)
13. Tedesco (He would be higher on the list, but injury has restricted his game time)
14. Morgan
15. Coote
16. Minichello
17. Gidley (Was better pre Bennett/Boyd era)
18. Perrett
19. Gordon (I don't get the hype - he's rubbish)
20. Zillman

I probably missed a few, but I didn't include players like Mead, Morris, Wighton, Tuivasa Sheck, Hopoate etc as they haven't really played much fullback.

[h=1]NRL season 2015: Ben Hunt to give Anthony Milford a platform to perform for Brisbane[/h]

• PETER BADEL
  • THE COURIER-MAIL
  • NOVEMBER 26, 2014 11:00PM

021059-6d14175a-7534-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Brisbane’s Ben Hunt is looking forward to playing alongside new recruit Anthony Milford.

BRISBANE’S Test halfback Ben Hunt is set to unleash boom Broncos recruit Anthony Milford, revealing plans to give his new halves partner the latitude to terrorise rivals next season.
Wayne Bennett believes he can rebuild the Broncos around Hunt and Milford, rating the duo the club’s most exciting halves alliance since Allan Langer and Kevin Walters.
021087-888b918e-7534-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Ben Hunt is looking to build on his breakout season with the Broncos.

Hunt enjoyed a dream campaign in 2014, finishing fifth in Dally M voting, scooping Brisbane’s awards and celebrating his Test debut in the Four Nations three weeks ago.By virtue of his breakthrough year, Hunt is entitled to be the Broncos’ chief shot-caller next season — but the Kangaroos playmaker is content for Milford to run riot.The Broncos have struggled to find a match-winning pivot since Darren Lockyer’s retirement in 2011 and Hunt will formulate a strategy for Milford to attack at every opportunity.BARBA DIDN’T FALL OUT WITH MATES: PARKER
021139-aa357340-7534-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Anthony Milford has the potential to form an exciting partnership with Hunt.

“My attitude will be ... just get him the ball,” Hunt said.“I feel like my role as halfback will be to lead us around and organise the team and it’s my plan for Anthony if he sees an opportunity to get him the ball and chime in when he sees it.“I don’t mind if he overcalls me at all. If he sees something and he wants the ball, definitely I’ll be giving it to him.“I think that’s where we fell down (last) season, we missed a few attacking opportunities. If there is any time in the game where ‘Milf’ wants the ball, I need to get it to him because he’s a special talent.”BENNETT RIGHT TO RIDICULE TRANSFER SYSTEM

[h=3]Darius Boyd excited to be back in Brisbane[/h]

external

While Hunt was outstanding last season, the 24-year-old admits he could have benefited from greater continuity at the Broncos scrumbase. He was initially paired with Josh Hoffman before Ben Barba was thrown the No. 6 jersey as former coach Anthony Griffin struggled to find Hunt’s right-hand man.But with Bennett making it clear he will persist with Milford at second receiver, Hunt believes the former Raider’s attacking instincts can take his own game to another level.JAMES GAVET’S STORY: ‘I SHOULD BE DEAD’
021165-d0b385de-7539-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Anthony Milford will provide a more consistent halves partnership than Josh Hoffman or Ben Barba.

“Anthony will certainly help me next season,” he said.“I’m extremely excited at our combination. I’ve only seen a few games of Anthony this year, but from what I saw he was an absolute talent.“The more we can get him the ball and get him looking at some different shapes and structures, it’s going to help our team and open the field up.“Having more of an attacking option outside me will take the pressure off me as well.”
021515-d05de576-7538-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Hunt (18) is mobbed after scoring for the Kangaroos in the Four Nations.

Hunt has no doubt he will be targeted by NRL rivals after coming of age as a top-line halfback last season.“At the start of the year I was a bit of an unknown, but next year teams will do more homework on me,” he said.“That’s why it’s good to have Milf on board, hopefully we can help each other out.

“But I’m definitely more confident now. At the start of the year, I had my doubts, but to be picked for Australia, that’s given me a lot of self-belief and I want another good season.”

I'd probably have Boyd at 6, just behind Tomkins and Dugan at 7. Dugan is a fantastic ball runner but from what I've seen in basically just a better Josh Hoffman.

I'd probably have Boyd at 6, just behind Tomkins and Dugan at 7. Dugan is a fantastic ball runner but from what I've seen in basically just a better Josh Hoffman.

With Dugan, it is somewhat refreshing to see a ball running fullback rather than the generic ball playing fullback that is so prominent in the modern game. Every team tries the sweeping play, but it is nice to see an old school fullback have relative success, where the attack is moulded based around their individual strength. Ball playing is not his best attribute, but he's play style doesn't require it either.

I think that's where we fell down with Hoffman. We tried to turn him into something he's not. Instead, we should of built a gameplan, that showcases his strengths and limits his weaknesses. Its no wonder why Hoffman was at his best when we had Locky. He was able to get quality ball in space, with room to work in, where he could then use his running game. I think we'll see a different Hoffman at the Titans...

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • TimWhatley
  • Dash
  • Locky24
  • johnny plath
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • Old Mate
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.