Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Really liking the idea of Matt Parcell and what he could bring to the side. .

However, straight up, I doubt I'd be throwing him into the fray against a foward pack like souths... Maybe just before the origin period games against weaker teams.. But by the end of the year I'd like to see a full strength side looking like this:

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Garbutt
16. Gavet
17. Gillett
18. Oates

Oates regulated to 18th man? No fucking way. I would sooner drop Gillett or Thaiday to QLD Cup then let Oates slip out of our 17. He MUST be there.

Parcell however may also be effective against the bigger packs so its a double edged sword.

Last edited:
Oates regulated to 18th man? No fucking way. I would sooner drop Gillett or Thaiday to QLD Cup then let Oates slip out of our 17. He MUST be there.

Both Gillett and Thaiday are better than Oates... Oates only really shone on the wing...

Thaiday is Tom Petty level of freefallin' in terms of usefulness.
Gillett is very inconsistent too.

If Bennett brought the usage of hole runners back, you pretty much can't leave Oates out.

Bennet loves tall back rowers that can run holes, Oates will deff be in the side.

1 Boyd
2 Does Vidot play Left or Right ?
3 Reed over Copley I don't know I can advantages with both.
4 Hodges
5 Copley ?
6 Milford
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 Macca
10 Blair
11 Glenn over Gillet I don't know I can see a advantage to having Gillett on the bench he is more a impact type player.
12 Thaiday
13 Parker

14 Gillett
15 Oates
16 Garbutt
17 Gavet

All seem to have bright futures. Developing them is so important
Offa, Molo, Arrow, Parcell, Nikorima's, Taylor

Maranta handy backup
Kahu can play all positions within backline handy depth player.
Eden unknown

Lowrie i can't see playing much except origin. Good cover for Parker.
Wallace is so only needed for origin. Assuming McGuire will get his first crack this year.
Dodds is a great hitter but I don't think he is needed with Gavet, Blair, Molo etc..
Stagg past it.

I think the only questions we have are:
Who plays left centre ? Reed or Copley ?
Who starts Glenn or Gillett ?
Does Vidot shift to his preferred side ?
If Copley is picked for centre who plays wing ? Eden, Maranta or Kahu ?

What are people's thoughts ?

That's exactly how I see the team being next year.

Copley is a fantastic centre but I think his versatility will seem him outside hodges and reed getting first crack at centre
i would have Gillett starting but that can go either way easily
i think Vidot will stay outside reed no reason to move him

i think the bench will be four forwards with Glenn playing hooker if needed like he has in the past. Many are saying Matt Parcell or a Nikorima brother should have a spot on the bench but Macca can play the full 80 and more forwards the better

I don't really want McCullough play the full 80...unless his replacement is Glenn. Then by all means, play the full 80!

I can't see a spot for Parcell, at least at the start of the season, we have 2 extremely good back rowers that need a spot on the bench (Oates & Gillett/Glenn). Gavet is guaranteed a spot also, that leaves 1 bench spot available.. I'd much rather we use it on another prop than a bench hooker, (Garbutt/Dodds/Ofahengaue)

Why is he being "relegated".. Isn't it ok to have 5 intetchange players?

Pre Season Training Week Four - Broncos

Hodges looks fat, Gillett looks like he's lost 15kgs (which is a terrible thing).

Bennett and Milford working together a sight any Broncos fan should be excited about. They both look hungry.

We've come a long way and got so much to be excited for in 2015. Just cast your mind back, not that long ago, to pre-season 2013 and its Griffin fumbling together a halves combination with Wallace, Prince and Norman. Even worse, 2014, trying to turn Hoffman into a 6.

All the talk about Parcell is positive, but geez I reckon Jayden Nikorima just has a bit of an "aura"/footy brain about him IMO and he's only 18. At the 30 minute and 65th minute mark he could cause a bit of havoc.

[h=1]Officials back Brisbane Broncos Holden Cup player George Fai to make presence felt in 2015[/h]

• TOM BOSWELL
  • QUEST NEWSPAPERS
  • DECEMBER 01, 2014 12:00AM

178902-41ccdaee-76a3-11e4-818e-b148cac61bb9.jpg

George Fai (right) with Brisbane Broncos NRL player Alex Glenn.

THE man who moulded Queensland Maroons hulking hitman Josh Papalii backs Brisbane Broncos Holden Cup player George Fai to make his presence felt next season.
Fai completed his first season with the Broncos with an impressive Holden Cup grand final performance on Sunday, October 5, where he came off the bench to record 115m.The 18-year-old shined in his debut season with the NRL club and is still eligible to play two more seasons for the club’s under-20 side.Broncos Logan Academy Manager Brian Edwards scouted Fai while the 102kg prop was playing at Marsden State High School.
Edwards said the Australian schoolboys representative was just beginning to show what he can do at the elite level.“The experience for him at 18 is extremely beneficial and his time on the field in the final was probably some of the best footy he has played this year,” Edwards said.“It was the toughest theatre out there for someone his age but he showed he can play and had some strong carries.“He had a good impact off the bench and was well used.”Edwards said Fai would continue to enhance his ability and stature in the competition in the coming year.“For George it is all about development and that’s exactly what is happening with him,” Edwards said.“I think he will grow into a better player again next year.“It is pretty rare for someone to play three years in the Holden Cup but even George himself should be looking to play in the Queensland Cup in the third year.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...nce-felt-in-2015/story-fni9r220-1227138180665

Pre Season Training Week Four - Broncos

Hodges looks fat, Gillett looks like he's lost 15kgs (which is a terrible thing).

Bennett and Milford working together a sight any Broncos fan should be excited about. They both look hungry.

We've come a long way and got so much to be excited for in 2015. Just cast your mind back, not that long ago, to pre-season 2013 and its Griffin fumbling together a halves combination with Wallace, Prince and Norman. Even worse, 2014, trying to turn Hoffman into a 6.

All the talk about Parcell is positive, but geez I reckon Jayden Nikorima just has a bit of an "aura"/footy brain about him IMO and he's only 18. At the 30 minute and 65th minute mark he could cause a bit of havoc.

Milford and Hodges both look like they've put on some kilos.

Maranta looks like Ashton Sims did for a while with that 'mo.

Glenn looks like he's dropped a little bit, and yeah, Gillett looks he's below 90 now.

I've be looking it up. . Trying to clarify if it's against the rules to have 5 players on the bench. Could someone explain this?

You can only have 4 players on the bench mate. The interchange bench is limited to 4. That's why they call the 18th man the 18th man

Last edited:
Can't tell if Marty is trolling or not.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.