Broncos - 2015 Discussion

No doubt we should have retained Civo. I really would like to know the ins and outs of that deal but I'm pretty sure Civo had been getting good offers for quite a long time.

On a different note....This morning during my extra time sleep ( the little one you have after the big sleep ) I dreamt the Broncos won the 2015 comp and then stunningly, won the following year and even more convincingly ! The media were stunned as the last team to do that were.....The Broncos !

As for Civo, in Lockyer's autobiography he said that Petero had been told that if he signed for the club for slightly less on his last contract, he would be rewarded this time round. However, it was Bennett and the old regime who promised it. Cullen was a moron as we all know and he said no. Then we signed Clinton on the same money Letero was told we didn't have and understandably, disillusioned he left. He wanted to be and should have been a one club player.

As for Civo, in Lockyer's autobiography he said that Petero had been told that if he signed for the club for slightly less on his last contract, he would be rewarded this time round. However, it was Bennett and the old regime who promised it. Cullen was a moron as we all know and he said no. Then we signed Clinton on the same money Letero was told we didn't have and understandably, disillusioned he left. He wanted to be and should have been a one club player.

That's my grasp on it too. Signed for lesser deals throughout his career on the promise that he'd get his payday eventually. When that day came, the Broncos said no, however paid Clinton $400k/yr IIRC, pretty much what Petero was asking. Just stupid.

news over the past couple of days as follows;

thaiday has reportedly only been offered $200k per year with a top up in 3rd party deals, he is not happy so i'm no sure where he will end up. He may still stay but salary cap pressures are a real concern with the top 25.

We have signed a young nyc front rower from the tigers for next year. I don't know who exactly as yet but maybe find out more in the next few days. This is an odd one to me, especially with the likes of molo, hipgrave, collins, fai, joe and the arrival of another young fronty form easts tigers as well next year all coming through.

thaiday has reportedly only been offered $200k per year with a top up in 3rd party deals, he is not happy so i'm no sure where he will end up. He may still stay but salary cap pressures are a real concern with the top 25.

We have signed a young nyc front rower from the tigers for next year. I don't know who exactly as yet but maybe find out more in the next few days. This is an odd one to me, especially with the likes of molo, hipgrave, collins, fai, joe and the arrival of another young fronty form easts tigers as well next year all coming through.

Yeah that is really weird, he must be good if we are signing him even the with the guys we already have coming through.

Yeah that is really weird, he must be good if we are signing him even the with the guys we already have coming through.

yeah im not sure who, funaki is the only one I would have considered based on last years form, but he has been ordinary this year.

Could be a case of a prop returning home, offering us some depth while the junior players progress.

For all the Ofahengaues, Fais etc. you need a Rockley or a Lavea to even things out.

Cheers for the info, keep us updated if you hear anything m8.

I saw on another forum recently that we may have signed Salesi Funaki, young second rower from the Tigers decent wraps, not sure if it's related to what you're hearing or not.

Cheers for the info, keep us updated if you hear anything m8.

I saw on another forum recently that we may have signed Salesi Funaki, young second rower from the Tigers decent wraps, not sure if it's related to what you're hearing or not.

could quite possibly be him, he is a talent an dominated nyc last year and would be the only one I would be interested in signing. but looks unfit and uninterested when he has played nsw cup this year.

I think a lot of us were wrong about Kearney.

He has done a remarkable job this season. Our defense has been one of the best in the league if not the best.

I'm disappointed to hear this. Thaiday has improved his form out of sight this year in light of Bennetts rocket, but maybe Wayne thinks youth is the way to go.

You can't really blame Wayne for low balling Thaiday tbh, when we've got Glenn, Gillett, Oates and a bunch of young guys coming through with loads of potential, Sam is a pretty low priority.

Wow that's not true at all.

Do people really think we are going to get rid of Sam ? It's not a money situation at all. He doesn't strike me as the bloke who would reject offers from us at all unless they were very very low (which they aren't).

Channel 9 during the week even confirmed that him, Kahu and Glenn will get contract extensions. The Broncos just haven't officially announced yet.

Yes while youth is the way to go (cheaper too) doesn't mean we don't have room for Thaiday. He'll still be at the club for years or until he retires even if he's not starting week in week out. It's not like European Football where players grow tired of being benched and not playing and then leave for supposed first team action. He knows Wayne will have to bench him here and there because of balance for the team and even when benched he'll still got loads of minutes. He is showing the younger boys how's it done.

There's my 2 cents. Roll on to Friday Night against the Knights !

You'd have to think that Thaiday would be able to attract some decent 3rd party deals. It might only be $200k from us but overall it wouldn't be out of the question for him to end up with closer to $500k total. And while he might get more as a base salary from another club, will he be as "marketable" if he is perceived to have chased the dollar?

I find it hard to believe we've only tabled a 200k offer to a current Australian and Queensland rep player. Would the NRL even accept a contract like that?

Active Now

• Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.