Broncos - 2015 Discussion

It is pretty cool that we are using drones...

But the NRL will probably ban their use because not all clubs can afford them. Thats there MO. Drag the top clubs diwn to the level of the bottom clubs, instead of the other way around.

:lol: The NRL can't dictate what technologies the club uses to train the team. If they did, how the hell did the Titans Performance Centre fiasco happen

Hawthorn have used them since last year; they purchased two to film at training. One crashed earlier this year, they cost the Hawks $8000 each so they're not cheap.

Storm looked into it early this year for this season but they weren't happy with the technology- only last 13 minutes and the noise was off putting at training.

Also they have a risk to players, if they crash they can land on people; a triathlete got badly hurt last year.

Broncos weighed all this up though.

Not to mention Enrique!!!

:lol: The NRL can't dictate what technologies the club uses to train the team. If they did, how the hell did the Titans Performance Centre fiasco happen

Geez I would hate to see what happens to the players when the "poorer" clubs can't afford toilet paper.

I remember a short while ago (in fact i think it was around the time we announced our new high perfromance center development), there was a rumour that the NRL was planning on putting a salary cap on the money clubs spent off the field... like coaches, facilities etc.

I wouldn't put it past them to try something like that

wonder if there's a rule stopping us from deploying it over other teams training runs

I remember a short while ago (in fact i think it was around the time we announced our new high perfromance center development), there was a rumour that the NRL was planning on putting a salary cap on the money clubs spent off the field... like coaches, facilities etc.

I wouldn't put it past them to try something like that

The AFL have had this debate for probably 18 months. You have clubs like Collingwood who spend about 22 million on their football department every year and then North who spend about 15. On average it is increasing about 1.3 million a year. The Hawks went up by 12% then they won the comp.

You still need someone to play against; it's fine to say let them catch us but reality is they never will.

It took 6 months to get this up and running you need to meet all sorts of regulations.

could you tell me what this means ? Belichicked?

Sorry mate, NFL reference. Bill Belichick coach of the New England Patriots and overall shitcunt got busted for spying on other teams training sessions.

This could probably go in a few different threads, but it covers multiple players and differences this year

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Lachlan Maranta hails Wayne Bennett’s ability to get the best form his players

LACHLAN Maranta pulls no punches when asked why he’s such a better footballer this season, saying “Mate, I was fat”.

Maranta is one of the forgotten men in Brisbane’s table-topping success.
There are a host of Brisbane players who have transformed from fringe first graders to proven NRL performers in the space of nine months.

Prop Jarrod Wallace couldn’t be trusted on the field last year, twice he sat on the bench for 80 minutes.

On Sunday, he was rampaging through Wests Tigers forwards scoring the second try of his breakout season.

Alex Glenn’s 2014 season was his worst since he debuted. He scored two tries against the Tigers in another performance that proved Wayne Bennett was right to sign him sight unseen in 2008.

Corey Oates was a frustrated footballer struggling with life as a professional, dropped for breaking curfew and unable to capitalise on his breakthrough rookie year in 2013.

On Sunday he made two line breaks as he shifted from second row to wing through the second half and barged over veteran Pat Richards for his eighth try this year.

Maranta scored just five tries last year as he drifted in and out of first grade. On Sunday he bagged his first NRL hat trick to take his tally to 13 this season.

183323-d1cd180a-2dfc-11e5-a7c2-8f56938fe831.jpg

Maranta of the Broncos celebrates with teammates after bagging his first NRL hat-trick. Source: Getty Images

Maranta, the grandson of Broncos co-founder Barry, hailed Wayne Bennett for restoring his confidence.
He told The Courier-Mail his body was too heavy last year, which weighed him down on field while he was weighed down off field by his own pressure to perform.
“I have self confidence back. I am enjoying football again which has been big for me this year,” Maranta said.
“Wayne instilled that in me and made me realise that football isn’t everything.
“I wasn’t consistent in the past couple of years so that’s why I was in and out of the team. I deserved what I got.
“I have lost a fair bit of weight though. I worked on my diet and now I have confidence in my speed again. I just ate constantly last year. I was getting sick of seeing food.
“I was told I had to be 98 kilograms and it was non-negotiable and so I just had to eat as much as I could to get there.
“Still, that is not an excuse because it was up to me to make that work on the field and I couldn’t.
“The staff came to me at the start of this year and asked me what weight I wanted to be and I said early 90s and now I am around 92, 93 kilograms.
“I think for a lot of us it is about enjoying football again and being confident again.”

Highlights once again the ridiculousness of Griffins weight gain 3000 program. **** you Griffin you dopey ****.

It's amazing how much damage Hook was doing to this club and his players careers. I wonder where Barba would be if it weren't for that program.

Did Hook think that a team of Kasiano's would get him a premiership?

I was told I had to be 98 kilograms and it was non-negotiable and so I just had to eat as much as I could to get there.

This should go on Anthony Griffin's tombstone, what an awful way to treat professional athletes. I know he wanted some size on the team, but I didn't realise it was actually THAT extreme, so glad he's gone.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Spoon
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.