Broncos - 2015 Discussion

But this is 2015 and I'm tired of discussing our past failures ... Lets get back to discussing how good it is to be leading the comp again

But this is 2015 and I'm tired of discussing our past failures ... Lets get back to discussing how good it is to be leading the comp again

Absolutely.

Having said that, I'll be even more happy next week if we contain the Dogs out wide which I still reckon is one of the real tests of our defensive credentials, even though we must make allowances for the effects of Origin and a short turn around

Absolutely.

Having said that, I'll be even more happy next week if we contain the Dogs out wide which I still reckon is one of the real tests of our defensive credentials, even though we must make allowances for the effects of Origin and a short turn around

Why i really hope we have reed back

Never beleive what coaches say in post game press conferences. 80% of what they say is complete BS, the other 20% is PR.

it is what they say to the players behind closed doors that counts.

What did Hook say behind closed doors though? "Don't worry boys, you worked hard and who could have seen the sharks coming from a million points down to win the game? Now let's all go to Sizzler! Chin up Joshy, I'll shout you a sundae; you nearly passed the ball this time."

Note to self.

No more Griffin memes.

My bad.

He put his faith in two young men big on raps but low on experience but Ben Hunt has revealed that Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is not afraid to dish out some 'tough love' to expedite their first grade education.

Writing in the Round 18 issue of Big League ahead of the Broncos' big clash with the Bulldogs on Saturday night, Hunt has spoken about the 'shaky start' to he and Milford's partnership and how Bennett has guided them to the top of the Telstra Premiership table.

With their Origin representatives still on a high after Wednesday night's extraordinary win by Queensland, Hunt and Milford shape as key figures for the Broncos this week and he credited Bennett's faith and tough stance for their good form in 2015.

"Wayne Bennett has been extremely good for us. He’s done a lot of work with us on structures and how we want to play," Hunt says in this week's Big League.

"If we divert from that structure he’ll be on our case, pulling us aside after training and making us do kicking extras.

"Wayne is firm and Anthony and myself are two of the players a coach should be the strongest on. I appreciate it. He’s giving us tough love, but it’s teaching us to win tough games.

"In the past we haven’t been able to get over the line in the tight games, but that’s something Wayne is drilling in us, how to close out games."

Having just been pipped for the Dally M Halfback of the Year award by Daly Cherry-Evans last year, Hunt had to get to know another new halves partner over the pre-season but says that the arrival of Milford is making him a better player.

"Anthony has also been great for me as a footballer," Hunt says.

"There have been times where he's come to me and asked about plays; at first it was strange for me because I've always been the younger player doing that, but Anthony wants to learn. He has a mature head on his shoulders and he shows that with the way he plays.

"I've learnt things off Anthony too. He shows me how he likes to play and I enjoy that insight.

For example, we could be running a play to the right and he could be on the left but suddenly he’d turn up on the right. That's something I've never had from a halves partner so I enjoy the variety that Anthony brings. He can see things that other people can't."

Bennett's tough love key to Broncos halves - NRL.com

They'll be best friends before their careers at Brisbane are over.

1436656435.jpg

WAYNE Bennett using robots to coach footballers should be in the realm of science fiction yet the Broncos are now flying drones above their training sessions.

A hi-tech drone buzzed above Broncos players at Red Hill, capturing the team’s set plays.

The aerial view of the drone’s camera allows Brisbane’s coaching staff to pinpoint faults in their shape and better direct players to where they should be positioned.

It is primarily the initiative of Brisbane’s performance analyst Scott Barker who introduced the drones to Kangaroos training in preparation for the Kiwis earlier this year.

The drone, technically known as a remotely piloted aircraft, is the latest evolution of coaching as teams seek every one per cent advantage possible.

The drone has essentially replaced the scaffolding that football staff used to climb every day to position cameras.

The drone weighs between 2kg to 11kg, depending on size, and is fitted with a digital camera.

It can run for between 15 to 20 minutes before it is brought back to earth for a battery change.

“This RPA gives us great footage. We can show the guys positional stuff on the field, the lines they are running, their spacing, where we want to set up plays in certain field positions,” Barker said earlier this year.

“You don’t need grandstands or scaffolding like we have used in the past, this gives you the flexibility to capture training.”

The Broncos Origin stars were named to return this week against the Wests Tigers with Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday and Corey Parker playing together for the first time since round 10.

That round 10 game was against the second placed North Queensland Cowboys on May 15.

The Broncos have won all six games since despite having at least one of their big three unavailable for each match.

It will be 65 days, more than nine weeks, since the big three have played together.

The inclusion of Hodges sees winger Daniel Vidot drop out of the side.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...raining-sessions/story-fniabm4i-1227441846096

Drones. That's genius.

It is pretty cool that we are using drones...

But the NRL will probably ban their use because not all clubs can afford them. Thats there MO. Drag the top clubs diwn to the level of the bottom clubs, instead of the other way around.

Drones. That's genius.

Hawthorn have used them since last year; they purchased two to film at training. One crashed earlier this year, they cost the Hawks $8000 each so they're not cheap.

Storm looked into it early this year for this season but they weren't happy with the technology- only last 13 minutes and the noise was off putting at training.

Also they have a risk to players, if they crash they can land on people; a triathlete got badly hurt last year.

Broncos weighed all this up though.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Canga
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • Pablo
  • Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.