Broncos' 2019 Trial Dates Confirmed

I'm more talking about the lower grades. I enjoy them, just wont have the time unfortunately.
Righto. You must be doing something right then if your time has become more valuable.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/f0937738342fdf0b04e3922aea1c3a94
Anthony Seibold’s game plan for Broncos becomes clear
Long-serving Brisbane assistant coach Kurt Richards has hailed the meticulous game plan of new boss Anthony Seibold as the understudy prepares to debut their new style on Saturday.
Richards will take the helm against Queensland Cup outfit Souths Logan in Warwick on Saturday night, where a host of fresh faces will usher in a new Broncos era.
Among them are emerging forwards Patrick Carrigan and Tom Flegler, who he says will push for NRL minutes this season, while 17-year-old halfback Tom Dearden will pull the strings.
Richards, who also served under Wayne Bennett and Anthony Griffin at Red Hill, said the low-profile game didn’t take away from its significance.
“With that comes some responsibility as well, for them it’s one of the proudest moments of their life,” he said.
“It’s a great opportunity for those guys that we have spoken about to say ‘look, pick me in round one’.
“It’s the first chance to implement the new game plan that Seibs has put in place, so we’re all excited about it.”
While the Broncos’ best 13 seems settled, Richards said bench spots were up for grabs and those who could earn Seibold’s trust would get the nod.
“They’ve got to be every day showing they can compete at that level,” he said.
“Once we’ve got confidence in them and can trust them, they’ll get their shot.”
He said the biggest difference between Seibold and his contemporaries had been clear to see.
“Anthony comes from an education background (as a former teacher and university lecturer) and planning is probably the biggest thing,” he revealed.
“We plan things meticulously, so attention to detail is spot on.
“I do (like the game plan); we’re going to see guys like Jimmy Roberts and Jack Bird have the ball in their hands a lot.”

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Good stuff.
Yes yes yes, all good stuff. Meticulous plans can sometimes go out the window within minutes. I recall a boxer who had shaped and crafted a gameplan to take on a formidable opponent. It worked beautifully right up until the first hard right on the nose, about 36 seconds into round one. From that moment on he performed exactly the same as every other time he fought. That plan had been in place for 4 months leading up to the fight. I want to see evidence of the new plan in the 75th minute of game one.

They've pumped plenty of water into the field here. The rest of the place makes a sound like snow when you walk on it.

Wests 16-6 in the pre-game.

Last edited:
Yes yes yes, all good stuff. Meticulous plans can sometimes go out the window within minutes. I recall a boxer who had shaped and crafted a gameplan to take on a formidable opponent. It worked beautifully right up until the first hard right on the nose, about 36 seconds into round one. From that moment on he performed exactly the same as every other time he fought. That plan had been in place for 4 months leading up to the fight. I want to see evidence of the new plan in the 75th minute of game one.

Or the 79th minute of the Grand Final...

I feel this is where this side is now far better placed than the last three years. The main culprits of the 79th minute fail are mostly gone now and a new coach has come in and is instilling new self-belief, we can only hope things will get better.

The fact Macca is still the 9 is my one concern because in my opinion, he is as much to blame as Hunt for the GF loss, if only he actually passed to CP13.

Ten minutes before Siebs reign officially kicks off and I'm sitting starring at my blank PC screen. Surely the biggest club in the NRL could have done a bit better for their fans.

Ten minutes before Siebs reign officially kicks off and I'm sitting starring at my blank PC screen. Surely the biggest club in the NRL could have done a bit better for their fans.

Not as frustrating as last year when they actually announced they would be streaming a game and we all sat here watching a "video loading" screen for 80 minutes.

Even if someone else did stream the game, it can't be posted on here.

Only official streams can be posted so just a heads up in case anyone finds a stream.

If anyone did find a good stream I would appreciate a private message, so I can forward it to the authorities, of course.

If anyone did find a good stream I would appreciate a private message, so I can forward it to the authorities, of course.

I also would appreciate a PM with said link. So I know what not to click on for tonight.

Thomas Dearden scores first try 4 mins in, unconverted 4-0

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • lynx000
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.