Broncos' 2019 Trial Dates Confirmed

Warwick is a strange place, dry as the sun but cold at night.

Forwards were excellent, Hopoate was strong and Carrigan. Lots of penalties would easily have been 25 plus.

Souths couldn’t contain the Broncos cowards and backs just could do whatever they wanted on the back of that.

Broncos goal line defence was very strong. Organised with extra effort getting up quickly and sacking the 9.

Forwards were excellent, Hopoate was strong and Carrigan. Lots of penalties would easily have been 25 plus.

Souths couldn’t contain the Broncos cowards and backs just could do whatever they wanted on the back of that.

Broncos goal line defence was very strong. Organised with extra effort getting up quickly and sacking the 9.
Come on mate, calling them cowards is a bit rough!

How did Savelio go? First game in 12 months?

I thought of Taylor v Haas last night. So I pulled out a few DVD’s of Taylor playing for Toowoomba and compared them over Haas’ seven ISC games.

Taylor was 17 years old and Haas is 18 so they were similar experiences levels and age.
Taylor would do freakishly skilful things, drift across the field and throw cut out passes, chip kick over a fullback after he made a bust and carry the ball in one hand. That was all just the one game I watched. It wasn’t sustainable though- you can’t do that for 12 years and have a consistent career. It was great to watch and the excitement over him was off the charts because really what prop does that?

Haas; and I have commented several times on this over the last seven weeks it's a huge stand out for me, is no risk football. Normally when a guy comes into ISC he over plays his hand a bit trying to impress with an off-load or a try pushing 10 people out of the way. Haas hasn’t taken a single risk in seven games.

Haas has off-loaded 8 times in seven games and four of those were in one game against Souths. He’s missed two tackles in seven games and made 161. He has made 33 tackle busts from 91 hit ups and av 137m. He’s a great support player surprisingly- he always trials along supporting guys.

He's played against the best pack in the Bears- and in a losing side down a man kept plugging. He's played in pouring rain with Carney directing guys at him and he hasn't missed a tackle.

So he runs hard, makes his tackles and supports up the middle. You can keep doing that for 13 years. I have been impressed by his discipline to not take risks more so than Taylor ability to take risks.

I said this seven weeks into last year on Haas, he was a different player last night. Did those simple things right but so much more bold in his running, and confident in what his role was in the team used his fend down the left hand side and just generally had more of a swagger about him. Not over confident just sure of himself.

It was interesting to see the difference 12 months can make.

I said this seven weeks into last year on Haas, he was a different player last night. Did those simple things right but so much more bold in his running, and confident in what his role was in the team used his fend down the left hand side and just generally had more of a swagger about him. Not over confident just sure of himself.

It was interesting to see the difference 12 months can make.
Love your insights into the lower grades, so thanks!

Unread

Active Now

• thenry
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • theshed
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosMan
  • bazza
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.