Broncos' 2019 Trial Dates Confirmed

Meh, the next two will be live streamed with a commentator. This was in Warwick and they don't even have 4g yet. I was pissed last year because there were no excuses for their efforts but I'm fine with them skipping this one if they're offering the next two

Not overly concerned about the stream part, but to not have a publicly available game film that’s decent to watch is pretty poor. I mean what are the media team doing to earn their wage? He’ll I’m sure you’d find someone that’d do it for free even.

I think the fact this game featured a lot of the kids that have hype around them has made it more frustrating that we can’t watch it

Last edited:
Dobbo just said TPJ and Bird will play, but Milford and Gillett won't. Conflicting reports on Gillett there.

As much as I think Dobbo sucks, the last two years running I've berated him for how silly his Round 1 team is, but he's been spot on both times.

1. Tesi Niu 2. Richard Kennar 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Jack Bird 5. Herbie Farnworth 6. Sean O’Sullivan 7. Tom Deardon 8. Payne Haas 9.Jake Turpin 10. Shaun Fensom 11. Alex Glenn 12. David Fifita 13. Tevita Pangai Junior 14.Gehamat Shibasaki 15. Sam Tagataese 16.Thomas Flegler 17. Patty Carrigan 18. Cory Paix 19. Jamil Hopoate 20. Jaydn Sua 21.Tanah Boyd 22. Xavier Coates 23. Ilikena Vudogo

Reading your post made me wonder whether it’s actually strategic. Hiding away these young talents may help with keeping the vultures away. Dunno. Just an idea.

I did have that thought too tbh

1. Tesi Niu 2. Richard Kennar 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Jack Bird 5. Herbie Farnworth 6. Sean O’Sullivan 7. Tom Deardon 8. Payne Haas 9.Jake Turpin 10. Shaun Fensom 11. Alex Glenn 12. David Fifita 13. Tevita Pangai Junior 14.Gehamat Shibasaki 15. Sam Tagataese 16.Thomas Flegler 17. Patty Carrigan 18. Cory Paix 19. Jamil Hopoate 20. Jaydn Sua 21.Tanah Boyd 22. Xavier Coates 23. Ilikena Vudogo

strong team ... hopefully this one is streamed (and they have worked out their issues from last year)

Actually don’t know why they didn’t continue this into the game highlights - would have been a great promotion. Come on media team, get it togeather. Sorry bout the double address - don’t know how to edit one out.

Last edited:
Injury Report: Gillett Finally Set For Return

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/02/25/injury-report-gillett-finally-set-for-return/
Matt Gillett is the hot topic of conversation in this week’s Splatt Lawyers Injury Report with Broncos’ Head of Performance Paul Devlin.
Gillett is expected to make his return to the playing field since suffering a fractured neck early last year. He subsequently had a shoulder reconstruction.
However Gillett is expected to see some time against the Titans in the Broncos’ final trial this Saturday night on the Gold Coast.
Jaydn Su’A made a successful return from a broken ankle last year in Saturday’s win over the Wynnum Seagulls.

Tevita Pangai junior has a minor hamstring complain out of that match, but it is not listed as serious.

INJURY LIST
Matt Gillett (neck) – set to return
Jaydn Su’A (ankle) – back on the field
Andrew Savelio (knee) – back on the field
Tevita Pangai junior (hamstring) – being assessed

Hope it’s not too much to wish he’s back to where he was before being injured.

Last edited:
Anyone know when the next trial team is to be announced?

Active Now

• Organix
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.