Reece Walsh

Wingers:

Corey Oates
Jordan Kahu (Fullback - Centre)
Herbie Farnworth (Centre - Fullback)
Richie Kennar

Centres:

Kotoni Staggs
Jack Bird (Fullback - Five-Eighth - Lock)
Darius Boyd (Fullback - Five-Eighth)
Xavier Coates (Wing)
Izaia Perese (Wing)
Gehamat Shibasaki (Wing)
Illikena Vudogo (Wing)
BJ Aufuga-Toomaga * (Wing - Fullback)

Five-Eighths:

Anthony Milford (Fullback - Halfback)

Halfbacks:

Tom Dearden (Five-Eighth)
Sean O’Sullivan (Five-Eighth)

Props:

Matt Lodge
Payne Haas
Thomas Flegler (Lock)
Joe Ofahengaue (Lock)
Ethan Bullemor (Second Row)
Rhys Kennedy
Lachlan Timm

Hookers:

Jake Turpin (Halfback - Five-Eighth)
Cory Paix (Halfback - Five-Eighth)
Andrew McCullough

Second Rowers:

Alex Glenn (Centre - Hooker)
David Fifita
Jordan Riki

Locks:

Tevita Pangai Junior (Second Row - Prop)
Patrick Carrigan (Prop)
Jamil Hopoate (Second Row)
Keenan Palasia (Second Row - Prop)

* = train & trial

Best 17

1 Jamayne Isaako
2 Corey Oates
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Jack Bird
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Anthony Milford (c)
7 Tom Dearden
8 Matt Lodge
9 Jake Turpin
10 Payne Haas
11 Alex Glenn (c)
12 David Fifita
13 Tevita Pangai Junior

14 Darius Boyd
15 Joe Ofahengaue
16 Thomas Flegler
17 Patrick Carrigan

Timm's on a train and trail deal until Christmas apparently. He'd be a good depth option, was one of the best props in NSW Cup last season, still only 23.

Edit: Jon Reuben is the Indigenous winger in the pre-season photos as well, 26 year old winger from the Falcons who scored 23 tries in 19 games last season.

Last edited:
Think Timm had most meters and most tackles in NSW Cup, not bad for a prop. Haas and Lodge as a starting combo are fantastic but our middle defence is ordinary at best. Carrigan 13 is the dream but if we strengthen our middle defence we'll be on our way.

Reubens great, not a Sivo type but just a weapon. Maybe a bit too slim. His stats are something else though https://www.qrl.com.au/players/intrust-super-cup/sunshine-coast-falcons/jonathon-reuben/

It might be our cap issues but I'm liking that Seibold is giving performers in the State Cups a shot at contracts, never know when you'll hit a diamond.

Last edited:
Forgot to add the * next to Timm but yeah he’s on train & trial.

Didn’t know Reuben was trialing, it could be Bessie. I haven’t seen any photos.

Bessie is trialing but he's an Islander, a lot lighter skinned... Left centre too thankfully, all our centres prefer right side.

Bessie is trialing but he's an Islander, a lot lighter skinned... Left centre too thankfully, all our centres prefer right side.
Yeah I know who he is haha, I just haven’t seen any pictures so wasn’t sure if you had him mixed up. All good though.

That's Jon Reuben on the far left (Confirmed by Steele Tallon)

That also looks like Lloyd Perrett 3 in from the left to me. (He was rumoured to be someone we were looking at a couple of months ago)

Serious question if anyone knows the answer.

What is stopping us from just not selecting Boyd in our top 30. If he is not included in the top 30 would he be excluded from our cap.
From what I can find the cap only refers to the top 30 players.
I don't know the details of an NRL contract but I would be surprised if there was a condition that you have to be included in the clubs top 30.

Think Timm had most meters and most tackles in NSW Cup, not bad for a prop. Haas and Lodge as a starting combo are fantastic but our middle defence is ordinary at best. Carrigan 13 is the dream but if we strengthen our middle defence we'll be on our way.

Reubens great, not a Sivo type but just a weapon. Maybe a bit too slim. His stats are something else though https://www.qrl.com.au/players/intrust-super-cup/sunshine-coast-falcons/jonathon-reuben/

It might be our cap issues but I'm liking that Seibold is giving performers in the State Cups a shot at contracts, never know when you'll hit a diamond.

Reuben has scored plenty of tries in ISC, but his discipline and defence are an issue and they are probably why he hasnt made it in the NRL. Its not a talent thing. Probably a bit like Mosese Pangai.

Timm's on a train and trail deal until Christmas apparently. He'd be a good depth option, was one of the best props in NSW Cup last season, still only 23.

Edit: Jon Reuben is the Indigenous winger in the pre-season photos as well, 26 year old winger from the Falcons who scored 23 tries in 19 games last season.

Reuben has joined Dolphins.

I get he scores tries in ISC but a red flag goes up for me when you have to keep changing to try and get a run- Townsville and Falcons nearly 100 tries and Storm and Cowboys didn't touch him.

Now off to Redcliffe to try with the Broncos.

He was at the Raiders and Roosters too.

I get he scores tries in ISC but a red flag goes up for me when you have to keep changing to try and get a run- Townsville and Falcons nearly 100 tries and Storm and Cowboys didn't touch him.

Wingers often get overrated by their try scoring totals in ISC / NYC, Marmin Barba scoring 50 tries in his first 2 ISC seasons and Gideon Gela-Mosby scoring 39 tries in his first NYC season come to mind.

With that being said.. I'm not completely out on Gela-Mosby yet, I think he'll have a moment in the NRL.

Why the hell are we looking at more forwards. We simply dont need them as much as we do halves and a fullback.

Our depth is pretty thin once you get past the obvious props (Haas, Lodge, Ofahengaue, Flegler), it's really only Kennedy with any sort of experience after that point, so signing another guy who could come in and produce during Origin time isn't the worst idea. I doubt it's going to come at the cost of a new Halfback or Fullback, put it that way. He'll just be on the basement salary, like Tagatese/Fensom were.

The Phins will be challenging strongly next year imo. Cullen back, a full year out of Gamble, Paix another year more experienced, a Perese and Barba left side. Hopefully a fit and firing Nikorima. Looking good again.
[automerge]1572777350[/automerge]
Our depth is pretty thin once you get past the obvious props (Haas, Lodge, Ofahengaue, Flegler), it's really only Kennedy with any sort of experience after that point, so signing another guy who could come in and produce during Origin time isn't the worst idea. I doubt it's going to come at the cost of a new Halfback or Fullback, put it that way. He'll just be on the basement salary, like Tagatese/Fensom were.

You have a fair point. I dont think Fai or Mago have been retained.

Last edited:
Serious question if anyone knows the answer.

What is stopping us from just not selecting Boyd in our top 30. If he is not included in the top 30 would he be excluded from our cap.
From what I can find the cap only refers to the top 30 players.
I don't know the details of an NRL contract but I would be surprised if there was a condition that you have to be included in the clubs top 30.
Believe Top 30 is your 30 highest paid players. Think there was an age rule regarding development player but not sure if it’s still around. You can also have an “extended squad” which was what Tualau and Hopoate were in this year which is another indicator that there is an age restriction.
[automerge]1572777566[/automerge]
The Phins will be challenging strongly next year imo. Cullen back, a full year out of Gamble, Paix another year more experienced, a Perese and Barba left side. Hopefully a fit and firing Nikorima. Looking good again.
[automerge]1572777350[/automerge]

You have a fair point. I dont think Fai or Mago have been retained.
Yeah George Fai has joined the QLD Reds, originally signed with Pride but got a deal with Reds so backed out.

Regarding Mago, last I heard Souths were interested but yeah hasn’t been re-signed for 2020.

Last edited:
I think Mago might end up in Super League.

As for forward depth realistically we could have Haas, Lodge, TPJ for NSW and JOffa, Flegler for QLD. We totally need some forward depth.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Big Del
  • winslow_wong
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • NSW stables
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncos Maestro
  • HarryAllan7
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.