Broncos 2020 Squad

Wingers often get overrated by their try scoring totals in ISC / NYC, Marmin Barba scoring 50 tries in his first 2 ISC seasons and Gideon Gela-Mosby scoring 39 tries in his first NYC season come to mind.

With that being said.. I'm not completely out on Gela-Mosby yet, I think he'll have a moment in the NRL.

He's exclusively at the Pride now so he's going to need a big season to win an NRL gig from there.

Barba was at Tweed before Jets, He played 16 games in 2013 and scored seven tries!

I think Mago might end up in Super League.

As for forward depth realistically we could have Haas, Lodge, TPJ for NSW and JOffa, Flegler for QLD. We totally need some forward depth.
TPJ is tonga. Pretty sure he's closed the door on NSW

I think Mago might end up in Super League.

As for forward depth realistically we could have Haas, Lodge, TPJ for NSW and JOffa, Flegler for QLD. We totally need some forward depth.

Hasnt TPJ put a line through NSW now and comitted to Tonga?

Hasnt TPJ put a line through NSW now and comitted to Tonga?

Allegiances mean a whole lot of nothing, you play for whoever picks you. I'm sure TPJ won't turn down 90k if NSW want him to play for them.

Why the hell are we looking at more forwards. We simply dont need them as much as we do halves and a fullback.

It's god damn frustrating isn't it! Is it Seibold or Nolan who has this bizarre fascination to prioritise recruiting forwards? For god's sake we need a bloody half, stop wasting money on positions we already have more than covered!

He hasn't been picked for NSW. He's been in the development squad then made a fuss about playing for Tonga, if he was picked in the 17 his tune would change.

Looking at the current contract situation the club is currently sitting on a pretty substantial risk just quietly.

Fifi off contract for 2021 and Milf and Bird both with player options for 2021.

If things go real bad we could lose Fifi, Milf and Bird by the start of 2021 😳😳😳

Fifi receiving some significant offers
Bird always linked back to Sydney and may make the jump if Broncos don't offer a competitive long term deal
Milf will start receiving interest despite what some think on here and could jump if Broncos don't put up a competitive offer

If we lose Fifi our only recognized 2nd rower heading into 2021 is Glenn

If we lose Bird and Milf I would suggest we have no recognized 5/8

Last edited:
Looking at the current contract situation the club is currently sitting on a pretty substantial risk just quietly.

Fifi off contract for 2021 and Milf and Bird both with player options for 2021.

If things go real bad we could lose Fifi, Milf and Bird by the start of 2021 😳😳😳

Fifi receiving some significant offers
Bird always linked back to Sydney and may make the jump if Broncos don't offer a competitive long term deal
Milf will start receiving interest despite what some think on here and could jump if Broncos don't put up a competitive offer

If we lose Fifi our only recognized 2nd rower heading into 2021 is Glenn

If we lose Bird and Milf I would suggest we have no recognized 5/8

Yep but then we'd have like half a salary cap to work with. Could sign Ponga and another million dollar player who is actually worth it. It sounds like we won't lose Fifi though.

He hasn't been picked for NSW. He's been in the development squad then made a fuss about playing for Tonga, if he was picked in the 17 his tune would change.

that's because there is not point picking him when he told them not to ...

Yep but then we'd have like half a salary cap to work with. Could sign Ponga and another million dollar player who is actually worth it. It sounds like we won't lose Fifi though.
Not sure if Ponga is off contract for 2021 though. I thought he was scheduled to come off at the end of 2021.

Outside of looking to break contracts I'd say there isn't a whole lot of recognized talent to replace them with... maybe only Brimson and I'd say he's more a fullback than 5/8 at this stage and I would have Milf and Bird well above him in terms of current appeal (price excluded)... we'd probably be looking at paying a premium for any replacements as well given there wouldn't be many options available.

Also Milf and Bird are effectively off contract for 24 months given they both have player contracts... I'd hope we start having conversations with Milf and Bird pretty soon as well to figure if we want them or not and get a gauge on what their plans are in 2020 and 2021.

We announced 28 people of our 30. No Alex Glenn. Hopefully those two final spots do end up going to Glenn and Croft.

We announced 28 people of our 30. No Alex Glenn. Hopefully those two final spots do end up going to Glenn and Croft.

29 actually.

There's some wiggle room in that 29 though, for example Hopoate is rumoured to be heading back to Sydney if he can find an offer.

29 actually.

There's some wiggle room in that 29 though, for example Hopoate is rumoured to be heading back to Sydney if he can find an offer.
29? I swear I only counted 28 on NRL website.

If TPJ turned down NSW to play for Tonga, how does work for Offa who played Origin this year, but also played for Tonga the other night?

Active Now

• azza.79
  • kman
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.