Broncos 2020 Squad

Maybe they hit the piss really hard this year and are going sober for 2020

Maybe he is being picked up by a Super League club....... 😎

I'm tipping Pangai to light it up this season! No suspensions, no errors and 10 offloads a game please.

The future is looking good.

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai
13. Carrigan

We certainly have the talent and ability to be top 4, its all on the coach now to sort out the gameplan that suits this team and then get the player's attitude right on game day.

Hopefully we also have better luck with injury next year.

2020_broncos.jpg

Source: NRL.com

Soward gave his opinion (Boyd to centres, Coates to wing, Bird to utility) but interesting to note the 'mail' around hooker.

I agree, our best possible side - dangerous all over the park. My only concern is TPJ's defence in the middle, and whether he would be more effective coming on after 20 mins against a tiring defence. Also, Offa is solid, but offers little impact, unlike TPJ. I'd have Offa in the starting 13.

Last edited:
Jack Bird is a great player but a really lousy left centre. Staggs has earned his spot on the right, but anyone expecting big things from Jack on the left would be wise to temper their expectations.

Wut?
Bird was killing it last year until he got injured, main reason Oates looked so good at the start of the season.
He also butchered more than a couple of tries. He has a good catch and pass on him, but if he gets the ball early he pretty much always cuts back in field and kills the play.

Don't get me wrong - he's a great ball runner. It's just that most of his tools (left hand fend with right arm carry and a right foot step) are useless when you're running right to left.

Last edited:
I really like that team make up.
Obviously I agree that Coates or Farnworth would be better wing options but I'm not against Boyd being out there.

I'm still not sold on Isaako at the back though...
I hope he kills it but I just feel he has a lot to work on this off season and I can honestly see Tesi Niu getting a run with Isaako back to the wing and Boyd dropping out of the team around origin time.

I agree, our best possible side - dangerous all over the park. My only concern is TPJ's defence in the middle, and whether he would be more effective coming on after 20 mins against a tiring defence. Also, Offa is solid, but offers little impact, unlike TPJ. I'd have Offa in the starting 13.
TPJ and Turpin were pretty bad in defence on the edge, but in the middle with guys running straight at them they were much better. We don't need three bench props though so if that does end up being the team I'd say TPJ would spend some time on the edge to spell Glenn or Fifita. I agree that he's more effective off the bench though as the opening 20 minutes aren't really conducive to offloads.

With the new rule regarding contact with a player in the air I really don't see how Boyd can be effective on the wing. He will get out jumped every time. I would much rather see Kahu on that right wing and boyd back to qcup or left centre with bird in the 14. Kahu has a great jump and safe hands, and ticks the experience box that Siebold is hoping to fill by including Boyd.

Last edited:

Active Now

• cento
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.