Broncos 2020 Squad

Ah, didn't see anything about what FiH said. I also don't believe anything he says, so there's that.

Completely understand your feelings there Unbreakable. Let's face it, I have made some utterley atrocious calls over the past few years in terms of my predictions/'inside mail'. Don't blame you for being dubious on this.

Last edited:
This is all the leadership group we need.

34bec5a435e1aa161b9cc70c030146ae

What's the ruling on taking HTH while you're out on injury recovery? Studies show it's beneficial for ACL recovery:
Really surprised we are not sending players away for stem cell therapy tbh.

Looking through the training photos, I’m really glad we’ve put an emphasis on training ‘footy’ and not slogging out a boot camp. While conditioning is obviously important, the team’s positional makeup, structure, and cohesion is and should be our prime concern.

Especially considering we (had better) have at least 3/4 new players in the spine

^^ Watch out for this bait headline. It basically says Boyd and Croft are both in the leadership group in 2020......Alongside 5 other blokes. Boyd could be 7th in the pecking order for all we know, and our team of 17 is not going to have 7 leaders in it, so it doesn't even say anything about whether he will be there at all.

Last edited:

^^ Watch out for this bait headline. It basically says Boyd and Croft are both in the leadership group in 2020......Alongside 7 other blokes. Boyd could be 9th in the pecking order for all we know, and our team of 17 is not going to have 9 leaders in it, so it doesn't even say anything about whether he will be there at all.

Very interesting that Chris Garry has been reported as saying they (Seibold?) doesn't want Darius there and doesn't want McCullough there. Garry seems pretty confident Boyd is not going to play 15 games next year and there will be a discussion had between both parties where it will be figured out a way for him to exit the stage without losing face.

Very interesting times ahead indeed.

Last edited:

^^ Watch out for this bait headline. It basically says Boyd and Croft are both in the leadership group in 2020......Alongside 7 other blokes. Boyd could be 9th in the pecking order for all we know, and our team of 17 is not going to have 9 leaders in it, so it doesn't even say anything about whether he will be there at all.

**** off already!

FTS

Seven players in the leadership group, we are getting closer to the 17 captains idea!

Seven players in the leadership group, we are getting closer to the 17 captains idea!
I wonder if this is the kind of stuff Pies was learning at Harvard. Brace yourself:

Meanwhile, this bloke reckons everyone should be their own leader. Sounds like Alfie's plan:

He trained with the squad today. He has shaved off the beard. Maybe you mistook him for a rookie.
Possibly.. he's tall though and didn't recognise from that.

What position did he play in the scrimmage?

Melbourne are shedding players left right and centre and don't seem to be signing replacements. Their Squad is down to 22-24 players. Why am I posting this on a Broncos forum? Well, maybe they will be coming for some of our fringe players. I know there are salary cap issues but potentially some outside backs like Bird (We'd have to pay serious freight), Perese, Farnworth, Perese, Niu or they are clearing the decks for a big signing in 2021.

Also, according to the Mole (So some will doubt it straight away), Warriors were interested in Macca but only if we took Blair. I would have done that deal. I don't know what anyone else thinks.

Last edited:
Melbourne are shedding players left right and centre and don't seem to be signing replacements. Their Squad is down to 22-24 players. Why am I posting this on a Broncos forum? Well, maybe they will be coming for some of our fringe players. I know there are salary cap issues but potentially some outside backs like Bird (We'd have to pay serious freight), Perese, Farnworth, Perese, Niu or they are clearing the decks for a big signing in 2021.

Also, according to the Mole (So some will doubt it straight away), Warriors were interested in Macca but only if we took Blair. I would have done that deal. I don't know what anyone else thinks.
Macca isn't great, but as our only other Dummy Half option, he's almost certainly more useful as insurance than Blair, who would be at the very bottom of the pecking order of our stacked contingent of Middle Forwards.

Also, officially Melbourne are down to 25 currently, but they have considerable depth in Queensland Cup they can and probably will promote. I can see them going to market for a new Centre, but I doubt they'll break the bank though, and it's not like we have spare Centres ourselves so I'd say we're pretty safe.

Last edited:
Macca isn't great, but as our only other Dummy Half option, he's almost certainly more useful as insurance than Blair, who would be at the very bottom of the pecking order of our stacked contingent of Middle Forwards.
Macca is a liability at dummy half. There is no downside to not having him there.

Also, officially Melbourne are down to 25 currently, but they have considerable depth in Queensland Cup they can and probably will promote. I can see them going to market for a new Centre, but I doubt they'll break the bank though, and it's not like we have spare Centres ourselves so I'd say we're pretty safe.

Putting 2+2 together here, but easts signed Michael Purcell from Ipswich, I get the feeling he is going to end up at the Storm.

They are also trying to get a center from up north to join.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Morkel
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Jazza
  • dasherhalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • Nerd
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.