Broncos 2020 Squad

Bird could very well be out of the club if other whispers around here are true.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense for us, but definitely doesn't explain him not being at training at least until another home for him can be organised.

And the tempering of expectations begins.

Boyd and McC in the round 1 team.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/casualty-ward--late-mail-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/

This might explain why Bird wasn't at training, looks like he's being put on ice until Round 1 -

Jack Bird injured. Of course that's where he was. Can't believe I was expecting otherwise.

I mean he's not injured, he's recovering from ACL surgery, makes sense he's not going to do every training sesh.

Fifita maybe? @1910 definitely believes Fifita has really strong leadership skills.

Yeah I do but the didn't make the cut.

TPJ
Haas
Carrigan
Glenn
Boyd
Croft
Lodge

McCullough and Gillett out.

Last edited:
Round 1 is March 13.

So? We're just discussing why he wasn't at training today, because he's less than 7 months post-op on a knee reconstruction.

It's pretty reasonable that he'll be held out of trials as well, I think most clubs do that with players recovering from major surgery.

Yeah I do but the didn't make the cut.

TPJ
Haas
Carrigan
Glenn
Boyd
Croft
Lodge

McCullough and Gillett out.
The timing for Fifita probably isn't great. He hasn't re-signed yet and then he got in trouble over in Bali. Maybe once he re-signs and the dust settles on the Bali incident he might find himself included in that list down the track.

Last edited:
So? We're just discussing why he wasn't at training today, because he's less than 7 months post-op on a knee reconstruction.

It's pretty reasonable that he'll be held out of trials as well, I think most clubs do that with players recovering from major surgery.
No, I was questioning his return date you posted in the context of the rumour propagated by @FaithinHook that another club is waiting to see how he goes at training before agreeing to take him off our hands.

I can't see any reason why he wouldn't feature in the trials if he's recovered. Recovery from ACL surgery is normally 6-9 months. That's back on the paddock, not back training. He should be back at training now. Maybe not all sessions, but some.

Not a doctor.

Last edited:

I came back from a knee reco after 7 months! I ruptured it again in the process but 😂😂

No, I was questioning his return date you posted in the context of the rumour propagated by @FaithinHook that another club is waiting to see how he goes at training before agreeing to take him off our hands.

I can't see any reason why he wouldn't feature in the trials if he's recovered. Recovery from ACL surgery is normally 6-9 months. That's back on the paddock, not back training. He should be back at training now. Maybe not all sessions, but some.

Not a doctor.

Ah, didn't see anything about what FiH said. I also don't believe anything he says, so there's that. He probably could be training right now, but it's one of those things where it's really not worth the risk. Palasia blew out his ACL at training last week, as an example. If we only train Bird 30 days instead of 60 days during the pre-season that cuts the risk of re-injury significantly, whilst keeping him fresh for the season. As long as he gets in good game shape he can take as many days off as he wants imo.

I came back from a knee reco after 7 months! I ruptured it again in the process but 😂😂
Ah, didn't see anything about what FiH said. I also don't believe anything he says, so there's that. He probably could be training right now, but it's one of those things where it's really not worth the risk. Palasia blew out his ACL at training last week, as an example. If we only train Bird 30 days instead of 60 days during the pre-season that cuts the risk of re-injury significantly, whilst keeping him fresh for the season. As long as he gets in good game shape he can take as many days off as he wants imo.
What's the ruling on taking HTH while you're out on injury recovery? Studies show it's beneficial for ACL recovery:

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.