Broncos 2020 Squad

Turpin has a normal haircut, noooooooooooooooo.

That was the source of his power.

Any of our insiders want to share how Coates has gone over the preseason?

Just watched an interview on the Broncs' site with Jack Bird, looks like he really is competing with Isaako for that fullback spot.

Last edited:
Excellent. I don’t have a heap of faith in Isaako being much more than a Hoffman style FB with a GK boot. Competition can only make him work harder while providing opportunity for the depth guys to develop into what we actually need - a star FB. Plus, if Bird is fit and firing, I’ll be excited to see what he can do at FB. He must stop crab-crawling across the defensive line, though.
TBF, if done right, “crab crawling“ can be very dangerous.

Worked a treat for Hodges from fullback in 2006.

Hodgo is probably not the best example as he’s an exception to the rule. The amount of upper body strength he had was phenomenal. Bird has chicken wings, but I’ll admit, does seem surprisingly strong.
Of the many times he did it last year he produced so eh

What about that haircut do you find normal? It's like a mohawk had a fight with a GI short back and sides.

Certainly normal by today's standards. If you walk through Chermside you'll see 45 blokes with this haircut.

I miss the bowl cut :(

Milf has never had this kind of definition. Looking fit, hopefully a big year for him
Screenshot 20200214 154211 Instagram

I think that for sure Dearden is our long term halfback, he is just special. I really do think Croft is our 1-2 year stop gap option.

Isaako was awful in the Nines game. If he has a poor Round 1 showing, he should be straight up dropped for Farnworth.

I think Seibold has realised Isaako isn’t up to fullback, hence why Bird has been training there in the new year and is now trialling there. I don’t want to read too much into one 9s game but Isaako was terrible. I think we’re better off having Bird there.

I think Seibold has realised Isaako isn’t up to fullback, hence why Bird has been training there in the new year and is now trialling there. I don’t want to read too much into one 9s game but Isaako was terrible. I think we’re better off having Bird there.

I don’t personally think Isaako has what it takes to be a full time fullback. He reminds me a lot of a likeable Hoffman. That being said, I don’t think one game of 9s tells us anything. Everyone was using his last 9s appearance as justifications for why he would be a good fullback. Easy come easy go.

I have tried to advocate for isaako but his performance (among others) was pretty disappointing. He didnt look like he wanted to impose himself on the game which we cannot afford in a fullback. He also appeared a bit lazy, there was a kick put through early in the match by the cowboys which he was jogging to retrieve, luckily milford got there.

Early days, but if you cant turn up and show effort in the first game of the year, what will the effort be like deeper into the season.

I don’t personally think Isaako has what it takes to be a full time fullback. He reminds me a lot of a likeable Hoffman. That being said, I don’t think one game of 9s tells us anything. Everyone was using his last 9s appearance as justifications for why he would be a good fullback. Easy come easy go.
I've heard this a lot, but wasn't RTS playing for New Zealand, making Isaako the winger?

Milford is going to be our fullback when he’s fit.
1 Milford
6 Dearden
7 Croft
9 Turpin
14 Paix

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.