Broncos 2020 Squad

you've done half Badel's work for him with that headline ... but he'll change all of that guy on the internet stuff to "a source" ... then smile to himself thinking he's pulled the wool over everone's eyes

“Sources close to Jack Bird report that the origin star has strongly hinted he’ll be broncos first choice fullback come round 1.“

I'm hopeful that Bird could make a decent fullback. I quite like that there is so much competition for spots, especially in the backs and spine.

I don't know about you guys but my excitement is through the roof for the season ahead. We'll be a different side to last year's in many ways. New captain, new halfback, different fullback, Turpin starting hooker (possibly), Milf playing for a contract while requiring less game management from him too.

Another year and full pre-season under all our young forwards' belts and plenty of promising talent in both the backs and forwards that will keep the first team honest. Our bench is a very strong one too.

Can't wait!

Let's do the work for him:

Bird to Take Number One Flight

"CM understands sources close to Bird have confirmed (insert synonym here) that the former Sharks (insert position here) has been assured (insert synonym here) of the fullback position/spot for season 2020.

Those same sources have guaranteed (insert synonym here) that Milford has become vegan in order to get the best out of himself in a contract year."

Seibold played Alex Johnston at fullback so I would not be surprised if we saw Isaako at fullback. Arguably Isaako is a better fullback than Alex Johnston. I know I’d be picking Isaako over Johnston.

I am hoping Isaako can get to playing in a Holmes/K Hunt type of style.

I think Jack Bird would be better off just playing centre for this year and then hopefully he leaves next year to make way for someone like Arthars, Perese, Farnworth, Coates, Niu.

Long term Niu will be our fullback. It’s just a matter of getting him ready to take it on. I think he’s close.

Isaako is the best option at fullback for this year.

A Broncos assistant coach said we will definitely see Niu this year in NRL and he is definitely seen as a fullback at the club, not a centre where he has been trialled recently in lower grades. He is starting the season as the magpies fullback I believe.

Karmichael Hunt type of style? Did you ever watch him play? He could execute plays brilliantly and was a good ball player who had a good kicking game as well. Nothing like Issako.

He could execute plays brilliantly and was a good ball player who had a good kicking game as well

I think Hunt would have been able to be 5/8 for the Broncos if things didn't go the way they did. What a talent he was and such a shame we lost him.

Give Isaako a decent shot. He doesn’t even need to do an overly large amount of passing. I know that brings up PTSD from Hoggman, but let him have a solid run at it. And to do just that. One criticism I do have is that he appears to be the weakest strong-looking guy I’ve seen. He just seems to fall off in defence and gets dominated easily in tackles. He’s gotta hit holes or run around people to be effective.

This is not intended to be an anti-Boyd agenda post, but I feel more comfortable with

1. Isaako
3. Bird
5. Farnworth/Coates

than I do with

1. Bird
3. Boyd
5. Isaako

just how it is

Badel has the Bird story up and running, didn't take him long.

"A disappinting Nines tournament has done Jamayne Isaako’s hopes of securing the Broncos fullback role no favours, with Jack Bird emerging as a real challenger after impressing in a trial match."

Badel has the Bird story up and running, didn't take him long.

"A disappinting Nines tournament has done Jamayne Isaako’s hopes of securing the Broncos fullback role no favours, with Jack Bird emerging as a real challenger after impressing in a trial match."

that's been up all day

Other than goal kicking, what else is isaako good at?

I think Isaako's form last year was a combination of second year syndrome (he WAS rookie of the year the year before, let's not forget) along with his well-documented personal issues. I'd like to see him get a decent crack at FB, in my opinion a lot on here seem to be unfairly against him. Sure he was caught out in defence a lot last year but that wasn't only his doing...more often than not it was the men inside him, leaving him out in the cold with a choice between two shit options and little he could really do.

In any case, I think he deserves a proper shot to show what he can do. He's good in the air. He's fast in space and good in broken play. Pretty important FB traits. If he can start trailing the play like Turbo and Tedesco he could be a better-than-average FB in my opinion.

Wondering who will be brought into the 30 for perese. Niu deserves it and its a back for a back, but we are light on reserve forwards so maybe bullemore, or even timms... Maybe gamble with o'sullivans injury until mid year at best as well?

Last edited:
on a positive note, I thought Turpin and Paix were electric. Both are cheeky little bastards with good short kicking games and surprising amounts of speed. Very excited about watching them tear up at hooker this year. The two of them are like budget Cooks.

If Paix develops like i think he can, he will go past Turps pretty quickly imo.

Karmichael Hunt type of style? Did you ever watch him play? He could execute plays brilliantly and was a good ball player who had a good kicking game as well. Nothing like Issako.
I honestly think Hunt would have been one of the all time greats. So much talent and all his highlights were from when he was what? 22 or younger? Crazy.

Ok this is a warning that I might be a little bit pissed but I would like our team to be full of footballers rather than instagram models like Isaako and Boyd (since he became happy). I want guys who will dig in and play ugly and hard when required to get the win. We have a high profile team that generates a lot of media attention but they need to stop believing that they are beautiful and supremely talented and start playing with some mongrel. They seem to make the first grade squad and think they are amazing and stop trying to get better.
The signs are good that we have a sprinkling of ultra competitive guys there but ultimately the coaching staff have to demand commitment or move guys on.
How does Perese attract these charges without someone realising that his head isn’t completely in the process of becoming a first grade footballer? It’s a systemic problem.
#sickofexcuses

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.