Broncos 2020 Squad

From all reports Bird has been training there as well and this is what the trials are for after all...
If I'm not wrong, Bird has been back at full contact training for maybe two weeks now, Isaako has been there all preseason.

FWIW, I'm not opposed to Bird playing Fullback for us if that's the way they go, but I'm not dumping Isaako based on two Nines games, and I'm not advocating to promote Bird based on a trial match that virtually no one actually saw.

I think if any time you're going to nominate a replacement for any position you should have some idea of their ability to do the job, and I fail to see how anyone not at Broncos training or at the trial on Saturday night could have formed that opinion about Bird.

If Paix develops like i think he can, he will go past Turps pretty quickly imo.
I want to see him handling 50-60 minutes at Dummy Half at Redcliffe on a regular basis before we give him the green light at NRL level. I think that should be the minimum yard stick for promotion past Turpin at this point.

Let's do the work for him:

Bird to Take Number One Flight

"CM understands sources close to Bird have confirmed (insert synonym here) that the former Sharks (insert position here) has been assured (insert synonym here) of the fullback position/spot for season 2020.

Those same sources have guaranteed (insert synonym here) that Milford has become vegan in order to get the best out of himself in a contract year."

Come on now @Sproj
That still leaves 4 words for Badel to write, which seems like a reach 😁

Really liking Brodie Croft. I hope he can be the halfback we need this year.

He seems like a real competitor. To come to a new club and be asked to captain players that have been at the club for years shows that he is held in high regard by Seibold, even if it was just for the 9s. I'm hopeful that the boys will be happy to be directed around by him come Round 1. He's going to have a lot of organising to do!

If anyone missed the 9s and wants to see Croft mic'd up,

After watching that 9s video, I'm almost certain Croft will be the captain once Glenn retires.

1.Bird
2.Issako
3.Boyd
4.Staggs
5.Coates
6.Milford
7.Croft
8Lodge
9.Turpin
10.Haas
11Glenn
12.TPJ
13.Fifita
14.Paxi
15.Carrigan
16Offa
17.Oates
Now that's a premiship winning side.

1.Bird
2.Issako
3.Boyd
4.Staggs
5.Coates
6.Milford
7.Croft
8Lodge
9.Turpin
10.Haas
11Glenn
12.TPJ
13.Fifita
14.Paxi
15.Carrigan
16Offa
17.Oates
Now that's a premiship winning side.

Flegler has to be in the team and you’re wasting Fifita in the middle he would have to do too much work, rather Glenn in the middle but it will be offa or TPJ to start at lock

Last edited:
I want to see him handling 50-60 minutes at Dummy Half at Redcliffe on a regular basis before we give him the green light at NRL level. I think that should be the minimum yard stick for promotion past Turpin at this point.
Hes listed with Souths Logan though...

Reports filtering through that lodge has sustained a knee injury, possibly ACL.

We now have 36 players listed.

Top 30 + 6 development players. With Perese likely getting axed, that should open up a spot for Bullemor in the top 30, based on the team list, Vudogo is listed way down below Seibold, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's lost his spot in the top 30 in favour of Niu.

Backs - Milford, Croft, Oates, Paix, Boyd, Niu, Farnworth, Perese, Bird, Isaako, Arthars, Kahu, Staggs, Kennar, O'Sullivan, Dearden, Gamble, Coates, Vudogo.

Forwards - Glenn, McCullough, Fifita, Bullemor, Turpin, Hopoate, Ofahengaue, Riki, Palasia, Hethererington, Lodge, Carrigan, Haas, Petterson-Robati, Kennedy, Pangai Jr, Flegler.

Interested to see how Hopoate goes in the trials to be honest, his stats were very impressive in QCUP last year. The injury to Lodge will open up an opportunity for someone like himself or Kennedy. I wouldn't be surprised if Hopoate is favoured because of his ability to play on an edge or lock, if necessary.

Averages for the Dolphins last year in 19 games - 162.2 metres, 3.9 tackle busts, 1.3 offloads, 24.3 tackles @ 84% efficiency

Can’t wait to see Bullimore’s career begin to unfold. So much young talent making its way into the NRL at the moment.

Interested to see how Hopoate goes in the trials to be honest, his stats were very impressive in QCUP last year. The injury to Lodge will open up an opportunity for someone like himself or Kennedy. I wouldn't be surprised if Hopoate is favoured because of his ability to play on an edge or lock, if necessary.

Averages for the Dolphins last year in 19 games - 162.2 metres, 3.9 tackle busts, 1.3 offloads, 24.3 tackles @ 84% efficiency

He was terrible on the edge for the Phins. They tried him there early on and then moved him back to lock where he is more effective. I'd say Kennedy will be in front of him. I personally dont think Hoppa has what it takes to play NRL.

He was terrible on the edge for the Phins. They tried him there early on and then moved him back to lock where he is more effective. I'd say Kennedy will be in front of him. I personally dont think Hoppa has what it takes to play NRL.

Yeah even his stats were far more impressive at lock, so I'm not surprised to learn that. Even still I think the 17 jersey is up for grabs, if Jamil has a couple of big games in the trials, wouldn't rule him out. Kennedy was good last season, without being great.

It probably also depends on what Seibold opts to do in regards to the starting line-up, if we we have TPJ & Carrigan starting with Flegler & Joffa on the bench, we'd probably have more use for a mobile lock with tackle busting ability than another run of the mill prop.

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.