OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Its a very tight competition thus far, not that many blow-outs by last seasons standards.

Our draw in the first third of the season is just so friendly, no reason we cant have a strong F/A and one of the highest win totals in the comp, until the byes & origins games start...

However, one area of concern for me is the new HIA rules, whilst having my support and putting player welfare first is the correct decision, it also means you just cant have enough middles at your club.

I'd love to know what the % of players being hooked for failing HIA are under 6 feet tall? The ability to keep your head clear of contact is now paramount. Does it favour the tallest players?

If so, then Zac Hoskings for the Dally M!

4 -0! Top of the ladder!
0kv3apuyuws01

Probably too early to start this, but I'm just too excited!

Round 4 (2023)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 4
Losses: 0
P+/-: 41

Round 4 (2006)
Ladder: 9th
Wins: 2
Losses: 2
P+/-: -22
Where's comparisons to 2015 and even last year

Where's comparisons to 2015 and even last year
Lol there you go:

Round 4 (2023)
Ladder: 1st
Wins: 4
Losses: 0
P+/-: 41

Round 4 (2022)
Ladder: 11th
P+/-: -27

Round 4 (2015)
Ladder: 5th
Wins: 3
Losses: 1
P+/-: 8

Round 4 (2006)
Ladder: 9th
P+/-: -22

I believe if we can manage to break the hoodoo against the Tigers and go 5-0, we match the start to 1998...and that season didn't end too badly did it.

The best part so far is a 14.5 points conceded per game average. Defence has been great

The key is stopping offloads then you stop yardage. They have worked on that when you allow offloads you miss tackles- it is too much double efforts.

293 last year worst in the competition- 864 missed tackles second worst in the competition.

37 missed tackles/9 offloads
25 missed tackles/3 offloads
18 missed tackles/4 offloads
33 missed tackles/14 offloads

Dolphins was the worst for offloads and missed tackles was back up. Only game above the 12 average of last season.

Metres conceded is still the issue, last season-40,199m-third most. This season 6909m.

1727m a game this season v 1674m last season. They are making more ground this year than last year and again Dolphins and Panthers was the worst two and the two most off-loads.

He's out for 2 games (with a guilty plea)!
What are the odds of Paul Kent using his platform to come in to bat for his mate Ricky and downplay the Wighton tackles??

Even though it should barely register on the spectrum of NRL news for the week, I'm guessing it will get a run tonight... Kent may even lead off the show with it

What are the odds of Paul Kent using his platform to come in to bat for his mate Ricky and downplay the Wighton tackles??

Even though it should barely register on the spectrum of NRL news for the week, I'm guessing it will get a run tonight... Kent may even lead off the show with it
Lol well now you've hooked me into watching 360 tonight!

Active Now

• Galah
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.