Broncos Awards

Thaiday got most of the awards - Player of the Year, Best forward, PLayer's player.

Hunt got best back.

Sims got defensive play of the year.

Defensive player of the year: Ashton Sims
Most Improved: Nick Kenny
Rookie of the year: Denan Kemp
Most Consistent: Mick Ennis
Best Back: Karmichael Hunt
Best Forward: Sam Thaiday
Players Player: Sam Thaiday
Player of the year: Sam Thaiday
Play of the year: Kemp and Lockyer
Clubman of the year: Matt Middleton

How do they define Rookie - didn't Kemp play last year? Maybe not enough games. All award winners are worthy recipients I think.

go thaiday, massive season.

Flutterby said:
How do they define Rookie - didn't Kemp play last year? Maybe not enough games. All award winners are worthy recipients I think.

I think the rookie means less than 5 games in the year before.

The Rock said:
I think they went a bit over-board with Thaiday. Sure he was good, but our best player?

Are you kidding?? One award he got was voted by players which is the most important award IMO. He was easily our best forward so it was between him and Hunt for player of the year.

I would have gone for Ennis as our best player this season. I'm not a big fan of his (he is a grub after all) but he made an incredible impact for us this season. It's a shame he isn't staying, him along with Kemp will be our biggest losses.

Is it true that Cyril Connell retired last night as well ???

If so then congratulations to a true legend of the Broncos club, the number of players Cyril has found and help nurture into great Broncos, Qld and Australian players are too many to list. Like WB he helped makes these boys into men and we owe him a huge debt of gratitude for what he has done.

Well done Cyril, thank-you from all of us fans and enjoy your retirement, your shoes will be big ones to fill [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

All very very very well deserved.

V. sad to hear of Cyril's retirement. The man has had as much influence on the club as anyone (including WB) and will be sorely missed.

Aside from that, all the awards are well deserved. Still think Kempy deserved Best Back though...

Maybe Sam Thaiday was better for morale within the team, cared more about the team rather than his own glory.

Je$ter said:
Ennis should have got mvp imo.

QFT. Not knocking Sammy's effort, but if we didn't have Ennis there would've been no way that we would've made the finals with Locky/Hodges missing a combined 16-odd games.

Thaiday was great on the field for us. He and Wallace made Big League's team of the season. Well done boys!

gUt said:
Thaiday was great on the field for us. He and Wallace made Big League's team of the season. Well done boys!

what was team of the season? so we had two broncos in the team of the season woot =D

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Griffo
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Inknition
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.