Broncos best attack in NRL

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I was surprised to see that we actually have the best attack in the NRL this season scoring 230 points although both Manly (226 points) and the Panthers (216 points) can catch us with their games still to be played this weekend

icon_thumbs_u

i noticed that too. best attack and worst defense after friday night, so our games must just be high scoring affairs :P

Doesn't surprise me, really.

Our attack is quite awesome, has been since Round 1 with the exception of THAT Roosters game.

Defence is the key.

Big Pete said:
Doesn't surprise me, really.

Our attack is quite awesome, has been since Round 1 with the exception of THAT Roosters game.

Defence is the key.

If we can keep improving our defence, which was pretty reasonable the other night, we could give this premiership a real shake this year!

To think that we have the best attack without Hodgo and Kempy (who is a celebrated finisher) and with two wingers who looked quite uncomfortable the other night

Hilarious...2 weeks ago the sky was falling. Now we're talking premierships...

Frankly I'm not getting ahead of myself. Good 2 weeks, but IMO the 3 weeks after the bye are the most crucial.

Away game to Sharks, which has never been a happy hunting ground.
Away to Manly, arguably premiership favourite and a venue we haven't won at since 2005, and god knows when before that.
Home to Souths, who smashed us last year and are capable of repeating the effort. Especially without our origin players.

IMO, losing to Manly would be forgiveable, but the other 2 are must win.

I agree Coxy, but if we could snag 2 out of that 3, or even better, 3, it is game on and we are right back into it.

Exactly. 2 wins and we can say we're top 8 contenders. 3 wins and I think top 4 is a chance.

1 or less...chicken little :-D lol

We're not the worst defensive team any more. The Cowboys have conceeded one more point.

Keep in mind we have played 1 more game then half the comp. After the bye we probally wont be on top

Donny said:
Keep in mind we have played 1 more game then half the comp. After the bye we probally wont be on top

I did take that first bye round into consideration, but if you have a look at it all the teams that are within range of our points scored have all played the same amount of games as us. icon_thumbs_u

Coxy said:
Hilarious...2 weeks ago the sky was falling. Now we're talking premierships...

I think a lot of that comes from how emphatic our wins have been over top level sides - we have been stepping up all year against premiership contenders (& the storm) and now we are starting to win them, considering who we have still to come back, I think we have every reason to be optimistic - I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but its looking better then it was and you can't argue with points in the "for" column

You guys are crazy. When we were losing everyone was saying our offence was terrible and we were flat. We win two games and all of a sudden we have awesome offence again. I'm not taking anything away from the last two wins, but we had a fair amount of luck go our way. Could've easily been the other way around.

I don't there was any lucky about the Titans game.

Our defence was sublime, and we executed our game plan to perfection.

The Titans' only try came off a mistake from Wallace.

I remember it differently. Can't think of specifics, but i'm sure a few times I thought we had some good luck.

I thought so too.

Gordon dropping the intercept.. If Tomane's flick pass had stuck Mead would've been away.. quite a few to be honest.

Kan said:
I thought so too.

Gordon dropping the intercept.. If Tomane's flick pass had stuck Mead would've been away.. quite a few to be honest.
BS. BS. BS. BS. BS.

You make your own luck. They dropped it because we were putting pressure on them, Wallace's tackle was pure determination as was Glenn's last second tackle which saved a certain try, 2 or 3 times when Hoffman put in a desperate tackle to stop a try as well.

We were outstanding, WE did not give them a chance and it shows because the only try they got was pure luck, dropped ball line wide open.

I'm sick of everyone saying oh no Melbourne weren't motivated, BFS they weren't we were just too good.
Oh Titans were off their game, BFS again we dominated them in every single way, out attack was too good we played the entire 80 minutes and applied pressure in defence the whole way through.

We were great, other teams couldn't match it, no luck involved. Ref decisions were BS both ways so that cancels out.

broncospwn said:
Kan said:
I thought so too.

BS. BS. BS. BS. BS.

You make your own luck. They dropped it because we were putting pressure on them, Wallace's tackle was pure determination as was Glenn's last second tackle which saved a certain try, 2 or 3 times when Hoffman put in a desperate tackle to stop a try as well.

We were outstanding, WE did not give them a chance and it shows because the only try they got was pure luck, dropped ball line wide open.

I'm sick of everyone saying oh no Melbourne weren't motivated, BFS they weren't we were just too good.
Oh Titans were off their game, BFS again we dominated them in every single way, out attack was too good we played the entire 80 minutes and applied pressure in defence the whole way through.

We were great, other teams couldn't match it, no luck involved. Ref decisions were BS both ways so that cancels out.

Agree 100% with you!!!!!!! Didnt Cartwright say that the Titans hadnt come up against a side like that this year. FFS if we ddint have 100% comitement from everyone Wallace wouldnt of made that tackle on mead, Glen wouldnt of stopped Tomaine.

By the way i havent seen a side dominate Tomaine the way Glen and Teo did, awsome work and d from the whole left hand side of the Broncos.

All points to one thing, the Broncos are improving rapidly. We are still a long way off our best though but the season is starting to look brighter _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • kiwi2
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mustafur
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.