NEWS Broncos captain Darius Boyd could lose role as Paul White endorses Matt Lodge

It’s getting pretty clear now that seibold doesn’t have too much control over what happens in this side. Wouldn’t be the worst thing if white goes now, I don’t care about how many millions we are making off field, I think any half decent CEO would pull in major sponsors in a one town team.
I have no doubt that seibold wasn’t able to drop the likes of Boyd and Macca during the 2019 season, imo white and the board had too much control over the on field side. Let’s not forget that seibold dropped Farah last year in favour of cook. that decision turned out alright for souffs.
I think if seibold had complete control, then Darius would not have been in the side mid-late in 2019, same as Macca.

Seibs does have total control. He could have dropped any player at any time if he wished. That still doesnt mean Boyd isnt being looked after in a financial sense. I was of the opinion he wasnt until a few days ago, but not anymore. He has a few important people in his corner.

Also if Darius Boyd keeps the captaincy it looks like it’ll be 2 years running I won’t attend a live game or spend money on the club.

You can guarantee if he keeps the captaincy that he will be in the squad every round in 2020 even if his from continues to dip because the club showed its hand already this season that they didn’t have the fucking balls to drop him regardless of performance. Zero accountability.

Care to elaborate further on this?

Basically, a couple of higher profile people on the Broncos board wanted Boyd to have a contract to see out his career at the Broncos, so they sorted out his contract to set him up financially, and he has the backing of his coach as well. It wont go down well with a lot on here, but the bloke they probably think got it sorted wasnt involved in it for the most part, which i actually found a bit odd. They went as far as to tell me If Seibs wasnt the coach, he probably wouldnt have been going around in the next couple of years. I should add Boyd wasnt influencing the decisions in anyway, it was a decision from higher up.

I honestly cant say if what i got told was correct, but i've got no reason to doubt the person who told me about it. Everything i've been told by them in the past has been 100% spot on. I've been staunchly supportive of how they have dealt with the Boyd situaton, but judging the situation from my information i was clearly wrong.

Should be interesting next year as the playing group mainly backed Boyd over Parker in the spat they had that stuffed up their friendship. And now Parker is a full time coach.

Last edited:
Basically, a couple of higher profile people on the Broncos board wanted Boyd to have a contract to see out his career at the Broncos, so they sorted out his contract to set him up financially, and he has the backing of his coach as well. It wont go down well with a lot on here, but the bloke they probably think got it sorted wasnt involved in it for the most part, which i actually found a bit odd. They went as far as to tell me If Seibs wasnt the coach, he probably wouldnt have been going around in the next couple of years. I should add Boyd wasnt influencing the decisions in anyway, it was a decision from higher up.

I honestly cant say if what i got told was correct, but i've got no reason to doubt the person who told me about it. Everything i've been told by them in the past has been 100% spot on. I've been staunchly supportive of how they have dealt with the Boyd situaton, but judging the situation from my information i was clearly wrong.

Should be interesting next year as the playing group mainly backed Boyd over Parker in the spat they had that stuffed up their friendship. And now Parker is a full time coach.
Firstly, I’m getting old and senility is setting in but, have we spoken/known of this spat before on here?
Secondly, I was hoping that, given Fifita had apparently some sort of man crush on Boyd, that once he’d signed on, that Boyd would be canned pre 15 games and cut loose next year but if what you’re saying is right, he’s here for the long haul?

The fans are not gonna look back on White's tenure favorably.

No disrespect intended @Wolfie , but a lot of us have been saying this. No big penny drop. This place is crooked and needs a clean out.

No, most people have blindly blamed Bennett and have been saying the people higher up in the club have been dictating he stays in the side. Thats not the case on both accounts. There is no big conspiracy to keep Boyd around, or to have him shoe horned into the side. Sounds to me like they wanted to secure his future at a time when he was still performing at a relatively good level, but his decline has been far more rapid than anyone could have envisaged.

I dont think the place is crooked. I think some of the decisions have been made with good intentions to look after good servants, and its backfired on us. I reckon its more we have people in positions who haven't done their jobs properly and haven't been pro active enough. They needed to look at the bigger picture and the likes of Nolan, Lockyer and White have failed us big time. I think they should all lose their jobs personally.

Do you follow a sports team to jerk off at spreadsheets?

I'm a fan, not the CEO

White is the CEO ... his job is not to win matches, that's the responsibility of others ... his job (and what his performance is judged on) is the financial success of the organisation.

I'm a fan, not the CEO

White is the CEO ... his job is not to win matches, that's the responsibility of others ... his job (and what his performance is judged on) is the financial success of the organisation.

Then why is the board interfering in the footy department?

Then why is the board interfering in the footy department?

In what way are they interfering? I'm fairly confident they aren't influencing the coach at all. Anything else i'd say they have a right to be involved with.

No, most people have blindly blamed Bennett and have been saying the people higher up in the club have been dictating he stays in the side. Thats not the case on both accounts. There is no big conspiracy to keep Boyd around, or to have him shoe horned into the side. Sounds to me like they wanted to secure his future at a time when he was still performing at a relatively good level, but his decline has been far more rapid than anyone could have envisaged.

I dont think the place is crooked. I think some of the decisions have been made with good intentions to look after good servants, and its backfired on us. I reckon its more we have people in positions who haven't done their jobs properly and haven't been pro active enough. They needed to look at the bigger picture and the likes of Nolan, Lockyer and White have failed us big time. I think they should all lose their jobs personally.

Lockyer will most likely always be my all time favourite player so it’s been hard to put my bias to one side and give an honest opinion about his role on the board. But after the absolute garbage that has been the last 18 months all cards are on the table.

I’m starting to think Lockyer should have no role at board level and be a part of making big decisions when there are still players in the current squad that he has played together with and is possibly friends with. I also don’t think his reserved nature exactly screams ‘ruthless’ when it comes trying to put emotional attachment to one side

because they are fools ...

p.s. Paul White is not on the board

I suppose because he is the one running the club on behalf of the board he gets put in the same bracket. I know i put him and others wrongly in that category.

Just on a side note, arent we losing a board member in december?
[automerge]1573306518[/automerge]
Lockyer will most likely always be my all time favourite player so it’s been hard to put my bias to one side and give an honest opinion about his role on the board. But after the absolute garbage that has been the last 18 months all cards are on the table.

I’m starting to think Lockyer should have no role at board level and be a part of making big decisions when there are still players in the current squad that he has played together with and is possibly friends with. I also don’t think his reserved nature exactly screams ‘ruthless’ when it comes trying to put emotional attachment to one side

Its a bit like Tallis for me, i have to seperate them as players and then their roles after footy. Dont think Locky is as big a fool as Gordy though.

Last edited:
I suppose because he is the one running the club on behalf of the board he gets put in the same bracket. I know i put him and others wrongly in that category.

Just on a side note, arent we losing a board member in december?
[automerge]1573306518[/automerge]

Its a bit like Tallis for me, i have to seperate them as players and then their roles after footy. Dont think Locky is as big a fool as Gordy though.
Who??

I'm a fan, not the CEO

That is part of his job. And it’s why I suggested a month or so ago he maintained that role while forfeiting anything to do with football side of the business. That’s apparently not an option. Now that he has his sights set elsewhere, why would we bother keeping him in any capacity is fucking beyond me.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PETERN
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Brotherdu
  • Spike
  • Poisoy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • thenry
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.