NEWS Broncos captain Darius Boyd could lose role as Paul White endorses Matt Lodge

That is part of his job. And it’s why I suggested a month or so ago he maintained that role while forfeiting anything to do with football side of the business. That’s apparently not an option. Now that he has his sights set elsewhere, why would we bother keeping him in any capacity is fucking beyond me.

you wanted to keep Bennett when he had his sights set on Souths

Seibs does have total control. He could have dropped any player at any time if he wished. That still doesnt mean Boyd isnt being looked after in a financial sense. I was of the opinion he wasnt until a few days ago, but not anymore. He has a few important people in his corner.
Was there something new that you learned to change your view, if so what was that (pm me if you want). Edit: never mind I saw your subesequent post, thank you.

Last edited:
I suppose because he is the one running the club on behalf of the board he gets put in the same bracket. I know i put him and others wrongly in that category.

Just on a side note, arent we losing a board member in december?
[automerge]1573306518[/automerge]
We are, Ms Bickford is resigning.

Its a bit like Tallis for me, i have to seperate them as players and then their roles after footy. Dont think Locky is as big a fool as Gordy though.
Completely different imo. Locky may not have performed well in his role in some ways, but I'd reserve the fool label for flogs like Gorden who shit on the club because they hated the coach or because their meal ticket was dumping on the Broncos every chance they could as a court jester for the Sydney media.

Completely different imo. Locky may not have performed well in his role in some ways, but I'd reserve the fool label for flogs like Gorden who shit on the club because they hated the coach or because their meal ticket was dumping on the Broncos every chance they could as a court jester for the Sydney media.

Probably worded it wrong, don't think Locky is a fool, just meant I have to separate the player from the roles they have now.
[automerge]1573339063[/automerge]

@lynx000 kindly gave the information out, Katie Bickford.

Last edited:
I'm a fan, not the CEO

White is the CEO ... his job is not to win matches, that's the responsibility of others ... his job (and what his performance is judged on) is the financial success of the organisation.

That is incorrect. That would be the role of the CFO or most senior financial role of a business (depending on the size)

The role of the CEO is to look after the success of the whole organisation, in particular it’s core product. For us that core product is the football team and that success should be measured in premierships.

If a company was somehow pulling a profit but it’s core product was fucking rubbish and constantly breaking people aren’t going to run around saying best CEO ever.

That is incorrect. That would be the role of the CFO or most senior financial role of a business (depending on the size)

The role of the CEO is to look after the success of the whole organisation, in particular it’s core product. For us that core product is the football team and that success should be measured in premierships.

If a company was somehow pulling a profit but it’s core product was fucking rubbish and constantly breaking people aren’t going to run around saying best CEO ever.

giphy.gif

Lockyer will most likely always be my all time favourite player so it’s been hard to put my bias to one side and give an honest opinion about his role on the board. But after the absolute garbage that has been the last 18 months all cards are on the table.

I’m starting to think Lockyer should have no role at board level and be a part of making big decisions when there are still players in the current squad that he has played together with and is possibly friends with. I also don’t think his reserved nature exactly screams ‘ruthless’ when it comes trying to put emotional attachment to one side

Yeah Lockyer should be on the training field and coaching game management, kicking and skills. These are his strengths. If he isn’t keen on this then he shouldn’t be involved with the broncos at all. His current role is recruitment and retention right? Because judging from his commentating, he’s a horrible talker and not the guy you want to try and bring or keep players

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.