NEWS Broncos captain Darius Boyd says he’ll quit NRL if hamstring issues continue

Did you read all of it, such as:

Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks.

The above multiplies in case of re-occurrence.

How long did Boyd take off? Didn't seem to be that sort of time considering he re-injured it in the pre-season didn't he?

How long did Boyd take off? Didn't seem to be that sort of time considering he re-injured it in the pre-season didn't he?
As a whole, between injury re-occurence and his return to the field, it did seem to be on the short side, but we don't know how serious the tear was to start with. He is definitely tentative in his running, which is a clear tell.

I would assume the Broncos medical department is competent of course, but a lot of the recovery process is based on the patient's feedback, and many athletes have a tendency to push the boundaries and come back too early. Hammies are especially sensitive to that...

Well considering the original injury occurred in rd 26 2017 and he returned during the finals you'd suspect he was rushed back in the first instance

As the kids say, 007 PWNED!!!

I can say from experience the only long term solution is rest.

Funny isn’t it? Happens so often now though I just wait for the next completely incorrect thing he says...

If he was trolling I’d have to take my hat off to him as a true master, but the sincerity in what he writes suggests otherwise...

When you break an arm it's best to go do weights to speed up the recovery

When you break an arm it's best to go do weights to speed up the recovery

I heard it’s best to break the other one to even it out. Otherwise you’re in danger of favouring one side and potentially causing long term alignment issues. My experience as the Springwood Tigers’ under 10’s winger says so.

I heard it’s best to break the other one to even it out. Otherwise you’re in danger of favouring one side and potentially causing long term alignment issues. My experience as the Springwood Tigers’ under 10’s winger says so.

Being a Springwood tiger is why you have alignment issues !! Ha

Just saw a try from dragons game last night where hunt picked up a loose ball, got tackled but got his arms free, looked around and passed to the supporting fullback who runs length of field to score. We can never do something like this because of Boyd and often you'll see our guys get their arms free with no one running through in support. It's as though our gameplan is built to suit boyds injury.

one of our halves would have to offload first ... and we don't see that either.

I think Boyd's hammy is contagious. Hope to TPJ has managed to shake the contagion for good and is not plagued for the rest of the season with it.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.