Broncos Confirm 2018 Trials

The knee and the heart are the biggest jerks in the human body.

Staggs looked good out there, lots of energy and keen for work. He can cover multiple positions too.

Staggs looked good out there, lots of energy and keen for work. He can cover multiple positions too.
He is a very good player, he might be a smokie on the wing for Rd 1. He would certainly be more handy than Isaako or Pearson.

He is a very good player, he might be a smokie on the wing for Rd 1. He would certainly be more handy than Isaako or Pearson.

How are his ball skills, I didn’t see too much of him last night but what I did see I was impressed with. I reckon he could be a really handy bench hooker, he’s got the speed and looks like he’s strong in contact for his size

How are his ball skills, I didn’t see too much of him last night but what I did see I was impressed with. I reckon he could be a really handy bench hooker, he’s got the speed and looks like he’s strong in contact for his size
He has played in the halves in the NYC as well as many other positions. A strong season in ISC could see him knocking on the door.

Not sure he is more handy than Issako in some ways. I think his goalkicking ability is going to see him become a strong contender. I still dont really think any of our players last night did enough to push themselves into the nrl side. Staggs and Opacic had a couple of big hits, Payne was good, Fifita was good, but it was all against a pretty poor Capras side. The biggest let down for me was our Halves.

Not sure he is more handy than Issako in some ways. I think his goalkicking ability is going to see him become a strong contender. I still dont really think any of our players last night did enough to push themselves into the nrl side. Staggs and Opacic had a couple of big hits, Payne was good, Fifita was good, but it was all against a pretty poor Capras side. The biggest let down for me was our Halves.
Do you know if Opacic's injury is serious? I heard he did some hammy damage.

I actually thought Shibasaki played ok too, made one big break where he showed good speed. Our halves and hookers were very one dimensional, just your stock standed shape to pass then step back on the inside only to get tackled. Kicking game very average. Our lack of deapth in the halves could see us in serious trouble if we pick up an injury to milf or Kodi.

Does anyone know how many minutes Issako played and was he playing wing at all?

Does anyone know how many minutes Issako played and was he playing wing at all?
He played wing in the second half... when Corey Allen scored his second. Then at the back end he was playing fullback again (going by the fluro yellow boots??).

The game was too stop start to really get a gauge of much. Can barely recall the fullbacks and wingers having to return kicks with so many errors and penalties.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/02/13/thaiday-leads-toowoomba-trial/

The NRMA Insurance Broncos will be led by Sam Thaiday this Saturday when they face the Gold Coast Titans in their second trial of 2018.

Several familiar faces will return when the Broncos head up the range, including Korbin Sims who will make his first appearance since suffering a broken arm that prematurely ended his 2017 campaign.

Assistant coach Kevin Walters will take the reigns when the two sides kick-off at 7:00pm at Clive Berghofer Stadium in Toowoomba.

Brisbane Broncos

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Jonus Pearson
3. James Roberts
4. Tom Opacic
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Sam Scarlett
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Todd Murphy
10. Sam Thaiday (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Tevita Pangai Jnr

Interchange

14. Sam Tagataese
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Korbin Sims
17. David Fifita
18. Gehamat Shibasaki
19. George Fai
20. Shaun Nona
21. Corey Oates

Coach Kevin Walters

Considering all the players who had surgery etc that are absent it's a pretty decent side, Kahu back for it is a great sign.

Exciting - expecting a solid hit out, and hopefully a big win.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/02/13/thaiday-leads-toowoomba-trial/

The NRMA Insurance Broncos will be led by Sam Thaiday this Saturday when they face the Gold Coast Titans in their second trial of 2018.

Several familiar faces will return when the Broncos head up the range, including Korbin Sims who will make his first appearance since suffering a broken arm that prematurely ended his 2017 campaign.

Assistant coach Kevin Walters will take the reigns when the two sides kick-off at 7:00pm at Clive Berghofer Stadium in Toowoomba.

Brisbane Broncos

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Jonus Pearson
3. James Roberts
4. Tom Opacic
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Sam Scarlett
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Todd Murphy
10. Sam Thaiday (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Tevita Pangai Jnr

Interchange

14. Sam Tagataese
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Korbin Sims
17. David Fifita
18. Gehamat Shibasaki
19. George Fai
20. Shaun Nona
21. Corey Oates

Coach Kevin Walters

I do find it interesting that David Fifita was able to get a spot in the side but not Payne Haas.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.