Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Sbronc2 env

Broncos to battle Storm in round one of 2019 NRL season

October 20, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
At least we catch Melbourne in Melbourne at full rust. Plus no Slater

I'm happy with it. No better way to start the season than giving those cheats a flogging. Thank god I won't have to see Slater get away with murder anymore. No knock on drop kicks for starters.

Last edited:
Round 1 is a great time to play Melbourne - get them with the early season power forward game.

I think Melbourne will be be a 4th to 8th side next year. This is very winnable for your us.

They will also be pissed off at the recent GF loss and will still get all the calls provided Cam plays.
Our new coach Anthony Seibold will ensure they know they'be been in a game. :p

Well we usually lose to melb anyway so might as well get it out of our system early.

5/20 in Melbourne is better than our home record though surely

I think Melbourne will be be a 4th to 8th side next year. This is very winnable for your us.
They re-create themselves every year. I'd like to believe in what you say but I think if Smith is still there they are gonna make one last Grand Final before the wheels finally fall off next year.

I agree round 1 against them is very winnable. Getting excited about next year now :)

It's probably the best time to get Melbourne tbh. HTF they made the grand final is beyond me. No Slater, no established halfback - That's a lot of responsibility on Smith. Although Milford & McCullough won't get a full preseason, it will be better than the one they got this year, so they'll be more fit at the start of the season. This is a very winnable game.

Thi nite footy is back for 2019, much to my dismay

I thought it was finished with, but I guess I was just dreaming

Or perhaps 2019 is the final year? Does anyone know?

Thi nite footy is back for 2019, much to my dismay

I thought it was finished with, but I guess I was just dreaming

Or perhaps 2019 is the final year? Does anyone know?

Pretty sure it will remain while the current TV Rights deal is in place.

This is literally the best time to get the Storm ...

early this season was a perfect example ... Their timing will be a bit off and their match fitness a bit down ...

next season will be even better, we will get them before they have adjusted to life without Billy and they are trying to get their near new spine to gel

This is literally the best time to get the Storm ...

early this season was a perfect example ... Their timing will be a bit off and their match fitness a bit down ...

next season will be even better, we will get them before they have adjusted to life without Billy and they are trying to get their near new spine to gel

I disagree.

The best time for us to play Melbourne is at the back end of the season around the Round 21-25 mark.

That's when we usually hit our best form. The start of the season is usually when we struggle while the Storm are notorious for being very strong starters. Round 1 is not a good time to play them. They haven't lost their starting game since 2004.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Midean
  • Scorchie
  • pennywisealfie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.