Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos eye Valentine Holmes as saviour of Red Hill after finals bashing

source: courier mail

Last edited by a moderator:
although this is possibly another Badel beat-up (that has no quotes froma anyone at the club)

how good would it be to have spine of:

1. Holmes
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

With what money?

I'd be giving Bird the option of heading back to Sydney early, as in 2020 early. Voila! Welcome aboard Val.

Look, I really like Bird as a player and wish the kid the best of luck but he is just not providing value for money. He is too injury prone.

Last edited:
although this is possibly another Badel beat-up (that has no quotes froma anyone at the club)

how good would it be to have spine of:

1. Holmes
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. Turpin
I would like Brody Croft if they can nab him.

I’d let Oates walk in an instant if it meant we could sign Holmes. Especially if we got a good halfback and let Dearden continue to develop in the lower grade for a season or 2.

1. Holmes
2. Farnworth
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Sezer/Croft/Foran
9. Turpin

Now that’s a well balanced backline.

He was the first name I mentioned a few months ago when we were looking for spine replacements, he was nothing short of exceptional in his Fullback season at the Sharks. There is a small amount of concern that he won't be the same player after bulking up for the NFL (Much like Hayne wasn't), but he's a lot younger than Hayne was, so I like his chances.

I approve.

1. Holmes
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Yes please!

He was the first name I mentioned a few months ago when we were looking for spine replacements, he was nothing short of exceptional in his Fullback season at the Sharks. There is a small amount of concern that he won't be the same player after bulking up for the NFL (Much like Hayne wasn't), but he's a lot younger than Hayne was, so I like his chances.

I approve.

He is also more professional and doesn't have the Ego of Hayne.

plus, unlike Hayne he plays well in more than 3 matches a year

I’m still not 100% sold on Dearden being what we need next season. I think he’s still a ways off. I’d much prefer Croft or Sezer to round out that spine, with Seggy coming off the bench.

I’m still not 100% sold on Dearden being what we need next season. I think he’s still a ways off. I’d much prefer Croft or Sezer to round out that spine, with Seggy coming off the bench.

He and Milford combined well. Good balance. An experienced seven with Milf at six is probably preferable though.

that spine to go with our forward pack and a center pairing of Staggs and Bird ... we could have 2 Marantas on the wing and still score points

Still not convinced about Milf and Dearden together next year. I think Dearden needs more time. Would prefer Milf and someone like Sezer/Foran. Need someone at halfback who will be dominant and call the shots to take pressure of Milford so hopefully he can get back to his carefree best aka 2015. Dearden too young/quiet/not dominant enough yet.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Swordfish
  • Redux
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.