NEWS Broncos face bidding war to keep Gillett

Pretty sure we could offer Gillo a big of red rock deli chips per year for 4 years and he'd stay, he's a Bronco for life, zero doubt in my mind.

And in fact, this year is his 8th straight season with the club, which means he's eligible for the veteran allowance next season (which we assume Thaiday is currently using), that's an extra $200k per year for the rest of his career not under the cap. He ain't going anywhere.

Gillett will never leave he is a real loyal and pure player.

Pretty sure we could offer Gillo a big of red rock deli chips per year for 4 years and he'd stay, he's a Bronco for life, zero doubt in my mind.

And in fact, this year is his 8th straight season with the club, which means he's eligible for the veteran allowance next season (which we assume Thaiday is currently using), that's an extra $200k per year for the rest of his career not under the cap. He ain't going anywhere.

we've all thought that before about several players ... only to be burned by ridiculous offers, we couldn't (and shouldn't) get near

we've all thought that before about several players ... only to be burned by ridiculous offers, we couldn't (and shouldn't) get near

If someone wants to pay 7 figures per season for Gillett in his twilight years, we just have to chalk that up as an "oh well, that sucks", he'll be a big loss, but there's no scenario we should be feeling pressured in to overpaying for him, especially with Su'A & Fifita coming through.

If someone wants to pay 7 figures per season for Gillett in his twilight years, we just have to chalk that up as an "oh well, that sucks", he'll be a big loss, but there's no scenario we should be feeling pressured in to overpaying for him, especially with Su'A & Fifita coming through.

I'm not saying we'll feel pressured into overpaying him, because we don't do that ... just that we've thought before about a couple of players that they would stay for the money we offered only to be burned ...

I do think if Gillett was to hit the open market he would attract a lot of interest ... and a desperate club will offer massive overs. the question is will he stay for the 600-700k we pay him

We shouldn't be paying him any more than what he's on. If someone REALLY wants to offer him a mil or whatever, be our guest.

Keen to keep him and he deserves to be rewarded for his loyalty and long service discount hopefully but can’t go overs at this age. He is also more likely to keep getting Qld and Aus rep payments with us then risk letting himself drown at clubs like Titans. If he wants more he needs to get his game back to his usual brilliant standard too.

We need a strong thoroughbreds and maybe other business arrangements to help look after third parties and after football so they know it is worth staying for less in the long run. Not suggesting cheating the cap but rather legally using our advantages as a one city team. We are the richest and most popular club need to end the tall poppy crap and play to win (legitimately) on and off the field.

We need a strong thoroughbreds and maybe other business arrangements to help look after third parties

That would be a serious breech of the salary cap ...

Hang shit on us for the premiership drought on one hand, constantly talk up how all our best players are gonna be poached on big money on the other.

**** these disingenuous *****.

I know we cant expect Gillo to have a blinder every game, but I have to say his influence on the game has seemed to have receded going by his last two games. His defence does not seem as solid and his attack game has yet to be seen.

I don't want to live in a world where Gillo plays for a different team.

Feels like last week we only just signed him up long term.

He hasn’t been an attacking weapon for some time now. Defence is still damn good though.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/03/21/gillett-on-his-future-im-here/

MATT Gillett has spoken the words all Broncos' fans want to hear - he isn't going anywhere.
Gillett is halfway through a four-year deal with the club and when asked about it today said he was staying put.
The Broncos' international and Greg Inglis were helping launch ticket sales for State of Origin III, and when asked, Gillett left nothing to the imagination.
"No, I'm there mate," he said when queried today at Suncorp Stadium.
"I am just playing footy and am at the Broncos on a four-year deal.
"So no (I am not going anywhere)."
The affirmation comes as the Broncos get ready to take on the surprising Wests Tigers this Friday.
The Tigers have been a revelation early, beating the Roosters and Storm.
Gillett said the Broncos were up against it heading to Campbelltown for a tough away clash after enjoying the 46,000 screaming Brisbane home fans in last week's win over the Cowboys.
"It is going to be a different circumstance but we have to do the same thing we did on Friday night," he said yesterday after training.
"That aggression and energy, we have to take that down to Sydney."

I know we cant expect Gillo to have a blinder every game, but I have to say his influence on the game has seemed to have receded going by his last two games. His defence does not seem as solid and his attack game has yet to be seen.
"Going off his last 2 games"..... not really a huge sample size to be fair...

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/03/21/gillett-on-his-future-im-here/

MATT Gillett has spoken the words all Broncos' fans want to hear - he isn't going anywhere.
Gillett is halfway through a four-year deal with the club and when asked about it today said he was staying put.
The Broncos' international and Greg Inglis were helping launch ticket sales for State of Origin III, and when asked, Gillett left nothing to the imagination.
"No, I'm there mate," he said when queried today at Suncorp Stadium.
"I am just playing footy and am at the Broncos on a four-year deal.
"So no (I am not going anywhere)."
The affirmation comes as the Broncos get ready to take on the surprising Wests Tigers this Friday.
The Tigers have been a revelation early, beating the Roosters and Storm.
Gillett said the Broncos were up against it heading to Campbelltown for a tough away clash after enjoying the 46,000 screaming Brisbane home fans in last week's win over the Cowboys.
"It is going to be a different circumstance but we have to do the same thing we did on Friday night," he said yesterday after training.
"That aggression and energy, we have to take that down to Sydney."
The fact that was even ever a story literally summed up the media.....

Bullshitters....

The media fling out names and clubs in regards to player signings and hope one of them sticks. They convienantly don't mention the ones they got wrong over and over again but live off of the ones they get right for months. I'd literally have a better strike rate using a player signing dart board game. I'm not even joking with that assessment, I genuinely believe I'd have a better strike rate.

A great example of this is a recent signing. The media had NO IDEA we had bird signed until the very end, they then claimed to have broken the story. Next they will claim they got insiders at the press conference of the signing announcements...

Active Now

• jd87
  • Purple Pills
  • NSW stables
  • Reds2011
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • Dazza 92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.