NEWS Broncos finals hopes in the lap of footy gods

What pisses me off is the decision to play Turpin in the halves is more a consequence of the decision to keep Macca on the field, Macca the protected species for reasons known only to a select few. SOS's performances in the halves totally overshadow the piss poor performance of Turpin in the 7.

Turpin at 7 is simply unbelievably DUMB
His defence was absolutely diabolical last night.
If he’s selected at 7 again I will be furious.
Turpin & Seibold owe Staggs & Isaako an apology because he made them look worse than they are (even though yes, they are bad)

His defence was absolutely diabolical last night.
If he’s selected at 7 again I will be furious.
Turpin & Seibold owe Staggs & Isaako an apology because he made them look worse than they are (even though yes, they are bad)

To be fair, a lot of us saw this coming when we becoming increasingly underwhelming in the trials as Seibold starting selecting his probables.

actually in 2016 we won wk 1 then lost wk 2

My mistake, you're right.

We scored 120 more points last year playing ‘Bennett-ball’ so back in ya box mate.

Half the forum were clearly fucking wrong innit?

Our for and against is worse this year than 2013 when we finished 13th for **** sake

We scored 120 more points last year in large part because we had a decent fucking spine without guys shitting the bed weekly :rofl Compare the number of players we used this year compared to last? Compare the experience of the team this year as compared to last? What about the rumours earlier in the year about Seibs not being allowed by others higher up, to drop Macca/Boyd, who's to say he's wanted to make the calls but have been stymied by un-named officials above him? Is it fair that he takes the blame in that situation? Oversimplifying everything to "it's all the coach" is bullshit, but whatever floats your agenda's boat, hey.

I'm reserving my judgement til next year; you're happy to shoot off now - more power to you. IF there is a massive turnaround next year, I hope you stick around to eat your words. If not, I'll gladly admit I was wrong and Seibs is a dud.

Put us down for the year, footy gods. It's not like you've been on our side in many other fucking ways so this should be right up your alley

You guys should honestly be willing the draw on. Part of me is. Not only so we don't have to give a shit about this farce of a competition for 6 months, but having two Sydney clubs orchestrate and pretty much the whole Sydney football world cheer lead to screw us over in such a brazen way, you couldn't ask for a better test of the teams character.

It can go one of two ways: either Boyd sticks around, his negative sooky mentality stays with him and the team completely turtles and allows itself to get bullied, eventually leading to Seibold's end and probably the end of White too, OR Boyd gets turfed, the team gets a solid boot up the ass from the real world and this soft mentality we've been hauling around on our backs finally gets broken.

My heart is screaming "these ***** don't realize what a big mistake they would be making.", but then here is my head with so much doubt, wondering if Seibold is really the man to lead us through such a tumultuous and negative period for the club. Because make no mistake, we ARE getting bullied right now, both on field and off, and the club must respond.

Last edited:
Half time: Tigers vs Sharks locked at 4-all. You can't make this shit up.

Edit: Sharks 6: Tigers 4

Last edited:
You guys should honestly be willing the draw on. Part of me is. Not only so we don't have to give a shit about this farce of a competition for 6 months, but having two Sydney clubs orchestrate and pretty much the whole Sydney football world cheer lead to screw us over in such a brazen way, you couldn't ask for a better test of the teams character.

It can go one of two ways: either Boyd sticks around, his negative sooky mentality stays with him and the team completely turtles and allows itself to get bullied, eventually leading to Seibold's end and probably the end of White too, OR Boyd gets turfed, the team gets a solid boot up the ass from the real world and this soft mentality we've been hauling around on our backs finally gets broken.

My heart is screaming "these ***** don't realize what a big mistake they would be making.", but then here is my head with so much doubt, wondering if Seibold is really the man to lead us through such a tumultuous and negative period for the club. Because make no mistake, we ARE getting bullied right now, both on field and off, and the club must respond.

I strongly disagree with you cheering for us to miss the finals, I want us to be successful and if it isn’t through skill than I’ll happily settle for luck.

I strongly disagree with you cheering for us to miss the finals, I want us to be successful and if it isn’t through skill than I’ll happily settle for luck.

That's a very reductive and self destructive mentality to have. Sneaking into 8th does nothing but validate a shithouse season.

That's a very reductive and self destructive mentality to have. Sneaking into 8th does nothing but validate a shithouse season.

An honest review will highlight our flaws regardless. I’ll take a shot at the finals thank you.

Making the finals doesn’t validate our season. Doesn’t change the 11-1-12 record, doesn’t change the for and against, the one win against a top 4 team etc

Making the finals doesn’t validate our season. Doesn’t change the 11-1-12 record, doesn’t change the for and against, the one win against a top 4 team etc
Actually, it totally does validate our season. In the future, when we look back at 2019, we'll look at how far we went and that's about it. It doesn't matter how we got there. Never has done. Never will.
[automerge]1567920110[/automerge]
Holy shit: 22:4 now.

FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME!

Last edited:

Agree. Parra were lucky to make the finals in '09 and they would have won the thing if not for Melbourne cheating. The Cows had an unbelievable run in '17 as well. We're likely going to get dominated in week 1, but who knows? The Eels are renowned for choking like dogs, and I think we play Souths in wk 2. If we can knock Souths out I'll almost be OK with this year.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.