Broncos "Fortress" at Suncorp Stadium

DIEHARD

DIEHARD

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Please merge this if there is an existing thread, but I wanna talk about the new Fortress Membership the Broncos are offering, which critically is General Admission as well.

1965013_517871851667024_974605040_n.jpg

What are people's thoughts on this? Is anyone a Member?

That sounds pretty good. Not the best seats but you can't argue with the price. What makes it 'hostile to opposition fans'? Is it right next to the away-team allocated seats?

If that were the case I'd be seriously tempted if they offer it next year. GA means I can grab the seats up against the adjoining fence to the opposition supporters. And be perfectly behaved.

Do you have a link to the page?

The food court at Garden City is louder than Broncos supporters at Suncorp.

I'll get a membership when the Broncos start getting games on Saturday and Sunday at Suncorp. Sitting at home on a Friday night watching live footy is just too easy. Plus I am broke.

If that were the case I'd be seriously tempted if they offer it next year. GA means I can grab the seats up against the adjoining fence to the opposition supporters. And be perfectly behaved.

When the Titans moved to Skilled Park I advocated and fought hard for GA ticketing for The Legion, I saw it as essential for the reasons you stated. It was hard because stadiums in QLD didnt offer GA.

You can move around, you can recruit and one thing that always bugged me was being locked into seats and number of seats.

This way you can sit with new and old friends.

And for those poor souls like me who always used to be tasked with buying tickets for people, you can now tell them t buy them themselves but still sit next to each other.

Although at this stage it doesnt look like you can buy one off tickets like you can for The Legion.

But I think this is a great step forward.

I'll get a membership when the Broncos start getting games on Saturday and Sunday at Suncorp. Sitting at home on a Friday night watching live footy is just too easy. Plus I am broke.

These Fridays are killing the Broncos supporters. It isnt fair. No good rushing in after work, you wanna wake up and look forward to the game, grab some lunch with some friends and stroll to the stadium.

These Fridays are killing the Broncos supporters. It isnt fair. No good rushing in after work, you wanna wake up and look forward to the game, grab some lunch with some friends and stroll to the stadium.

I am so on board with this.

The annoying thing is that when we don't get Friday night games, we tend to get slotted with Monday night games, which are even worse.

The NRL already has their multi-billion dollar contract stitched up so they probably couldn't give two shits.

Friday nights - you're pretty much excluding families with kids under the age of about 6 or 7, especially at a non-suburban ground like Suncorp (or Skilled Park for that matter).

I'd love to take my son and wife but instead I go with mates on a Friday night because we've gone for the last 8 years. It's not sustaninable though because it's something I'd like to include my son on, eventually.

I thought about this membership option, but thought the view would be pretty budget. Plus the wife would probably find it a little rowdy.

I find Friday nights ok, as I work in the city so it's easy to squeak in dinner beforehand, then catch the free bus in. Not up for it every week though. Sometimes the lure of the couch is too much!

Problem is we rate very highly of Friday night positive about Fridays is normally recovery between games normally works out better. Dragons showed this in 2010 getting most on Fridays.

Other QLD clubs cant attract the same ratings. Hopefully the introduction of another QLD team would help give the Broncos some Sunday games. The club carries extra responsibility to offer day time footy to an entire city.

Meanwhile our rival codes can offer day time footy or at least Saturday night.

The situation subsbligh talks about with his wife and son is terrifying cause we are missing a generation.

At least with the Titans we get plenty of Saturday and Sunday games. Saturday is my ideal timeslot for myself. But I love Sunday just as long as it isnt on too early.

Yeah my early memories of the Broncos were always Sunday arvo games - whether I was at the ground or on the TV. Friday night games are not kid-friendly. But channel 9 rule the game, they simply don't care because they have a billion reasons to milk every cent they can out of it.

That's a pretty terrible spot in the grandstand. If you're going to call them The Fortress seats, put them front and centre.

Looked up the seating, it's actually not next to the away supporters at all. Looking at the map, with the Fortress seating at the top left, the Away supporters go in the same spot at the top right. Still, for a full 12-game membership, that's a good price.

i had really hoped that section would have been in 332, similar to the roar "the den". although please dont start singing their stupid songs that they copied from another club anyway

i had really hoped that section would have been in 332, similar to the roar "the den". although please dont start singing their stupid songs that they copied from another club anyway

Everything from the A-League is copied from somewhere.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ettybay
  • Broncosarethebest
  • dirtyharry
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Hurrijo
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • the_next
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.