Broncos "Fortress" at Suncorp Stadium

image.php

Please merge this if there is an existing thread, but I wanna talk about the new Fortress Membership the Broncos are offering, which critically is General Admission as well.

1965013_517871851667024_974605040_n.jpg

What are people's thoughts on this? Is anyone a Member?

Lol, imagine the number of bogans that will be occupying that section, it will be hostile and embarrassing all at the same time.

i had really hoped that section would have been in 332, similar to the roar "the den". although please dont start singing their stupid songs that they copied from another club anyway

Yea they are copied ey. Soccer brag about their support but the stuff is usually just cherry picked from around the world.

LOL at Rally Towel. :laugh::laugh:

I feel it's time to revisit this. I go to about 90% of home games and this attempt at 'active support' is fucking embarrassing. In response the Den references/comparisons/wishing for our version, there's a short doco made by some USQ students about the Den and its origins and place in the club which I think the Broncos would do well in taking some notes about how to cater to and treat fans that would like better GA or some version of active support areas:

The problems I see with the Fortress:

The name. It's a bit 'meh'. The Stable would be a great name but that belongs to the away guys.

The fact it was created by the club, not the fans. Sure the fans asked for it or something similar, but the club decided to implement it too quickly. It should be an organic thing that grows out of the fan base. Start with a few GA sections (for Broncos fans only, because **** away fans) and see what happens. You can't just throw people together and expect it to be the same. Sure they purchased it under the guise of it being for active support, but it barely happens and I think they just got it because it's cheap.

The drums. Just no.

The current drunken yobbos that get plastered all over the big screen at the ground by Mitch Lewis and Broncos TV as the 'leaders'. It's a laughing stock. It NEEDS to be 100% fans. And good ones too. Not morons who are half-cut by kickoff. And no big screen stuff. They should be heard without being on the PA.

Due to not having proper 'leaders' like the Roar do (e.g. Dutchie & co), I suspect the club never discusses it and i doubt any of the members of it would ever be contacted or invited to meetings with the club. So no change/ideas/growth ever get thrown around. And I suspect the club doesn't care as much about the fans, so long they get 20-30k they're happy. Whereas the Roar get about half that.

It's position in at the ground. It's been chucked in a corner away from anything, especially the away bay. I understand why, but it makes it near pointless

Lastly, the club sticking with it should it continue in its current state. They shouldn't be ashamed to can something that's not working.

My idea is what I suggested earlier, which is to have say 2 or 3 GA bays at probably Milton st end, near the away bay, and being GA, members can't bitch or moan about people standing up more than sitting. Trial it for a few seasons and go from there. Just let it grow naturally. Or don't.

The club has already tried to forcibly copy before with the rally towel (still a major LOL). Look how that turned out. Don't **** this up more than it already has been.

Another Brisbane team COULD potentially help these crowd-atmosphere issues in that while our crowds would start to get smaller, the amount of neutrals would drop. The people who go to a game just to see a game. In turn our fan base automatically becomes more concentrated and it may improve. Also, the Roar for the most part have a much younger fan base on average, so it's a bit more energetic. For instance the average age of say the 20-30 seats around me would be late 40's-50' easily.

ps. For those who follow the A-League with interest like me, I am aware that the FFA is trying to put membership-only restrictions on active support for all clubs. But that's the FFA, not the club. Nice work Gallop.

Well that took a while haha :typing:

Last edited by a moderator:
The club has already tried to forcibly copy before with the rally towel (still a major LOL). Look how that turned out. Don't **** this up more than it already has been.

Tell everyone to rally, we get toweled up :laugh:

Entertaining footy and winning will solve the problem for the most part but I like your ideas.

Sounds like something we should be working towards...

pretty much agree with everything Allo said.

the big screen with mitch lewis and the drums and what not pre game just makes me cringe.

pretty much agree with everything Allo said.

the big screen with mitch lewis and the drums and what not pre game just makes me cringe.

With the "massive crowd" of about 16 people tightly packed together, and the rest of the stand vacant (out of shot), it was a wankfest purely for the cameras.

The Fortress is a joke, the entertainment is a joke, the songs are a joke, the whole fucking thing is a joke!

Seriously, I nearly fell asleep a couple of times before a game...

Last edited:
I saw some footage of Port Adelaide at their home games and they've taken to singing INXS's "Never Tear Us Apart" pre-game.
It looks to be in the early stages but is similar to Liverpool and "Never Walk Alone".
What could the Broncos song be, I wonder?

Anything is better than the stupid "Let's Go Broncos" song....

Maybe the crowd should all neigh like horses together.

[video=youtube_share;mNU3aIJs88g]http://youtu.be/mNU3aIJs88g[/video]

'Horses' by Daryll Braithwaite

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Bronx48
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • Shane Tronc
  • marw
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • LockyersLeftBoot
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.