Broncos "Fortress" at Suncorp Stadium

'Go, you chicken fat, go'

Eh I don't care as long as it's not something by miles from nowhere *shudder*.

Last edited by a moderator:
((bye week blues))

as expected by all this "fortress" thing has been a bit of a fail.

in general though, our crowd numbers seem pretty disappointing this year especially with where we are placed on the ladder, and bennett, boyd, milford, etc etc. only 28k at last fridays game, when we were at full strength and so were manly, perfect weather, whats going on there?

is it really just price of tickets that is killing attendances? i buy white tickets in 331/332/333 for every game i go to, we paid $38 a ticket for the manly game, yet only a year or two ago the same seats were under 30 bucks. the extra few dollars doesnt reallllyyy bother me (even though i think 38 bucks is way overpriced) but it stopped two of our friends from coming (they are not big league fans, so it tipped them towards "no thanks"). basically, if i had of told them the tickets were $29 they probably wouldve swayed towards coming.

are people just getting lazy or too time poor?

i get that food and drink are stupidly expensive but footy is only a 2 hour game, if its a problem you can drink before hand/drink after, eat before hand, or bring some food if you really need to. i get that kids are a little bit more trouble to deal with as well.

people have also mentioned the friday night games are difficult to get to but i still think our crowds should be better. i know not everyone can make it to games but we are only one team in a big city.

I'd say the low attendance would primarily be due to Manly's loss of standing. It just wasn't a blockbuster game like it used to be. Last placed teams traditionally do not draw flies ! We were heavy favourites and were expected to win. If we were playing Melbourne, the Cows ,Souths or the Rorters I would expect a much better turnout.

hmm. you may be right about the manly game. i guess i didnt/dont look at it that way and also expected a tougher game.

One thing I found hilarious at the game..

Mitch Lewis gave fans in the fortress signs that said "We Can't Hear You"

The funny part, I could barely hear them even when they had the microphone on them. They were so quiet, I couldn't make out the words. And it's not like the crowd was loud because the crowd was very quiet before kick off..

The Fortress is a joke and should be scrapped. It's not working.

One thing I could hear loud and clear was the "Manly" chant by the fans in the away supporter bay.. It's embarrassing that the away fans are more vocal..

Last edited:
I think the low-ish crowd was probably due to the long weekend also.

But yeah it's a joke. It needs to be an organic thing started by fans in a GA area. If we have one at all. That and/or the neutrals need to piss off. Mitch Lewis is nice bloke, talked to him a couple of times, but he needs to **** off from all the pre-match bullshit. It's all just embarrassing

One thing I found hilarious at the game..

Mitch Lewis gave fans in the fortress signs that said "We Can't Hear You"

The funny part, I could barely hear them even when they had the microphone on them. They were so quiet, I couldn't make out the words. And it's not like the crowd was loud because the crowd was very quiet before kick off..

The Fortress is a joke and should be scrapped. It's not working.

One thing I could hear loud and clear was the "Manly" chant by the fans in the away supporter bay.. It's embarrassing that the away fans are more vocal..

Fortunately the Manly fans being vocal didn't last long. Suncorp has always had terrible pregame stuff. The cheerleaders are alright, Mitch Lewis is just rambling, the Yow Yeh and that blonde lady chatting isn't bad, Buck doing a lap to start is good. What else can they do though?

((bye week blues))

as expected by all this "fortress" thing has been a bit of a fail.

in general though, our crowd numbers seem pretty disappointing this year especially with where we are placed on the ladder, and bennett, boyd, milford, etc etc. only 28k at last fridays game, when we were at full strength and so were manly, perfect weather, whats going on there?

is it really just price of tickets that is killing attendances? i buy white tickets in 331/332/333 for every game i go to, we paid $38 a ticket for the manly game, yet only a year or two ago the same seats were under 30 bucks. the extra few dollars doesnt reallllyyy bother me (even though i think 38 bucks is way overpriced) but it stopped two of our friends from coming (they are not big league fans, so it tipped them towards "no thanks"). basically, if i had of told them the tickets were $29 they probably wouldve swayed towards coming.

are people just getting lazy or too time poor?

i get that food and drink are stupidly expensive but footy is only a 2 hour game, if its a problem you can drink before hand/drink after, eat before hand, or bring some food if you really need to. i get that kids are a little bit more trouble to deal with as well.

people have also mentioned the friday night games are difficult to get to but i still think our crowds should be better. i know not everyone can make it to games but we are only one team in a big city.

For me it's the constant Friday night games at suncorp. I haven't been to a game this year because with work and a young family getting to a game on Friday night is a nightmare

A guy in front of me got kicked out for yelling last Friday. He is there every week so I'm sure he's a member and he is loud every week. A few of us join in with the yelling and just get stares. Instead of having a designated section for those who want to be loud, put those who want to be quiet in one section so the rest of the stadium can yell instead of just one section.

A guy in front of me got kicked out for yelling last Friday. He is there every week so I'm sure he's a member and he is loud every week. A few of us join in with the yelling and just get stares. Instead of having a designated section for those who want to be loud, put those who want to be quiet in one section so the rest of the stadium can yell instead of just one section.

Serious? He got kicked out just for yelling? that's weak.

Serious? He got kicked out just for yelling? that's weak.

Yeah I think the security guy at the fence called down the other security guys to warn him, he was quiet for most of the game and then with about 15 minutes to go he got kicked out.

Yeah I think the security guy at the fence called down the other security guys to warn him, he was quiet for most of the game and then with about 15 minutes to go he got kicked out.

LET"S MAKE SUNCORP A FORTRESS... just do it respectively whilst using your indoor voices

what was he yelling? thats weird. i go to most games as i said always sit in the 332 kind of area. its pretty quiet for much of the first half but picks up in the second half/end of game. gets pretty loud when stuff is happening.

i agree the crowd noise thing needs to be organic but i dont know how you fix it. at other grounds i would think the 'noisey' types gather in a general admin area on the hill and such, but at suncorp that kind of thing doesnt really work and the GA seats are crap/pushed into the corner.

Ticket prices are absolute bullshit, and the constant Friday games are even worse. Try getting a gold ticket to a non Friday (or Friday), and that's the big reason I won't go.

Add the prices, lack of good tickets, and the constant Fridays to the massively inflated prices for food and drinks, it's just not economical to go and watch them at the stadium for me any more.

I haven't even bought up the absolute tripe public transport on offer. Milton station, you might get a train and hour later. Roma Street is a short walk just to then board the same train, but into less than standing room only.

I live in Lawnton, so leaving work in inner city, go home and shower, and get back in, I've missed kick off, and I'm not home until around midnight at the end of it. Just not worth it.

For me it's the constant Friday night games at suncorp. I haven't been to a game this year because with work and a young family getting to a game on Friday night is a nightmare
Liar, you just think you're too good for the awesome foursome.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.