Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy * BELLAMY SIGNS WITH STORM *

Phil Gould would be a brilliant appointment.

I'm all for it.

Would he be keen to coach us though and give up his all important media commitments with Channel 9 and quite possibly the Sydney Morning Herald too?

I dont know whether he would do that, as much as he may like to coach us!

Whilst I dislike the guy and his opinions he is probably the best option to take us forward at the moment that I can see. [icon_shru

Nothing stopping him returning to the media in 5 years time.

Terry Materson is now a certainty for the job, i believe he is arriving this week for talks [icon_wink

Nashy said:
Bar15e said:
I meant outsiders such as

daniel anderson
john lang
graham murray

i meant outsiders like that who if were hired to coach the club would ruin it !

they dont know the broncos culture etc

Were as kevvie, alf etc and even henjack know what the broncos are all about
and what they need would look after the team and can go forward.

I have absolutely no doubt that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Lockyer won't request a release, he's not that type of person, and I can't make any sense of your outsiders comments. [eusa_doh

hahahaha I love the way u talk as if you know lockyer personally!! He's just a player in the modern game!! Loyalty is dead and if your loyal it means u dont earn the big $$$. whether he stays or not isnt based on what type of person u think he is its based on whats best for him, and so it should be!! He's given so much to the broncos and league and id hate so see him leave but if he see's a big pay day its only right that he takes it!! Id hate to see him go and hope he's here for a long time but none of us know him personally and if theres money in front of him then good luck to him!! He's just a player in the modern professional game and loyalty is dead!!

nopatience101 said:
Id take a punt on Griffin with Mark gee assistant.........

Funny stuff dude heh....I can just imagine the elite players of the comp now, busily ringing their managers this morning saying "quick, quick, check when my contract expires, I wanna get up to the Broncos to play...they are getting Anthony Griffin and Mark Gee to be the coaching team you know"! LOL. Get ready Bruno, you guys there at Red Hill are gonna be rushed off yer feet taking phone calls from players as excited as 11 year old giggling girls at a Backstreet Boys concert wanting to play for us with the possibility Griffo and Gee Gee will be at the helm LOL

you gotta start somewhere, and atm the only coach who isnt currently coaching that id have any confidence in is Gould, and i hate the guy so pickings are slim......

Henjak to be named as early as today according to the Courier Mail.

If he is named i wouldnt be too shocked to see him alongside Bennett in the box rather than on the sidelines.......... like Don Furner and Bennett at Canberra in 87'.......... it would give me more confidence in his ability to see what hes got early on too........

That was a great game. had me on the edge of my seat cheering from home [icon_lol1.
Another 2 minutes and they would have won.

Well I notice he's been dealing with the media a lot more recently, so that can only be a good thing.

Jeza23 said:
Would he be keen to coach us though and give up his all important media commitments with Channel 9 and quite possibly the Sydney Morning Herald too?

I dont know whether he would do that, as much as he may like to coach us!

I doubt it too - but we'd probably be just about the only club he would consider dropping it all for to coach again.

The thought of the bloated slug bringing his divisive garbage to the Broncs makes me puke. It is with enormous relief to hear of anyone elses appointment to the top job.Ivan henjak will be a raging success as the job is just a figurehead type deal. Coaching Brisbane is the easiest job in the NRL. It is only neccessary to attend each training session and watch your troops. They,due to their innate abilities, require no imput from a 'coach'. That would be an impediment.

Anyone could coach the Broncos, even Coxy,the only thing needed is to avoid influencing the players in any way. This is where the two-faced slug would cause problems. Ivans career success is now certain. He has made all the decisions you ever need to make. He can now sit back and enjoy the accolades that are certain to come his way.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats all Wayne Bennett ever did. He was only successful because all his players were either Origin or Test standard players.( For those unable to discern the irony, I'm not serious)

best of luck Ivan.

shaun..you did read the second last line did'nt you ?

I've always thought we had the best coach and yea, WB made these players into what they are.With the notable exception of Glen lazurus who was great when he arrived at Red Hill

^ So you retracted your statement, or do you still agree that the coach does nothing? I'm sorry, but I'm confused to say the least?

Nashy....you do know what irony is, don't you ???

I did'nt 'retract' any statement, the second last line clearly states that I was joking, how is it possible for you not to understand that simple statement ?

I was merely encapsulating what so many 'experts'(read wankers) have said and written before, that is ,Wayne Bennetts coaching is not the major influence that it is given credit for. I never wanted hin to leave, the club appears to be 'gilding the lily'.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • broncoscope
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.