Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy * BELLAMY SIGNS WITH STORM *

Re: Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy

This speculation is getting tiresome. I wish they'd just make a decision already.

Coxy said:
This speculation is getting tiresome. I wish they'd just make a decision already.

They have [icon_shady

No Nashy, you've heard speculation that they have. I want an announcement, and I don't want to hear anything else until that announcement is made.

"Commentator Mark Geyer, whose brother Matt plays for Melbourne, went on Sydney radio claiming Bellamy would join Brisbane in 2009."

Bellamy in Brisso for 2009. Lock it in Eddie. icon_smile

Doesn't mean Squat. Hearsay, just put everyone out of their damn misery.

I wouldn't trust ANYTHING Mark Geyer says.

Didn't Cullen say there'd be an announcement this month?

ethos said:
Didn't Cullen say there'd be an announcement this month?

according to 10 news the Broncos expect to make an announcement about the new coach this week

Correct me if i am wrong but from reports we have not interviewed anyone except Bellamy. We have only discussed things with Henry, but obvioulsy weren't seriously after him.

Management have put everything towards him and no one else. I will be very shocked if we haven't signed him as we have no alternatives.

Big mistake by management if Bellamy accepts the revised Storm offer.

ALH said:
Correct me if i am wrong but from reports we have not interviewed anyone except Bellamy. We have only discussed things with Henry, but obvioulsy weren't seriously after him.

Management have put everything towards him and no one else. I will be very shocked if we haven't signed him as we have no alternatives.

I have heard the the Interviewed Henjak, i would assume then that he is their back up plan.

ALH said:

$2.2m over 4 years is laughable. If it was me, i would offer him $10m for 10 years.

Prince Langer said:
ALH said:

$2.2m over 4 years is laughable. If it was me, i would offer him $10m for 10 years.

Are you serious? What happens if the guy doesn't work out after 2 years? You have to pay him out 8mil!!!!! I wouldn't sign any player or staff member for over 3 years at a time. To many variables can change the form and attitude of people within a club to secure them on such long deals, worth so much money.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="Prince Langer":2pu07h24]
ALH said:

Are you serious? What happens if the guy doesn't work out after 2 years? You have to pay him out 8mil!!!!! I wouldn't sign any player or staff member for over 3 years at a time. To many variables can change the form and attitude of people within a club to secure them on such long deals, worth so much money.[/quote:2pu07h24]

Fair point.
I would just like to see our next coach continue with the Broncos history of loyalty.

Prince Langer said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1cs133h9][quote="Prince Langer":1cs133h9]
ALH said:

Are you serious? What happens if the guy doesn't work out after 2 years? You have to pay him out 8mil!!!!! I wouldn't sign any player or staff member for over 3 years at a time. To many variables can change the form and attitude of people within a club to secure them on such long deals, worth so much money.[/quote:1cs133h9]

Fair point.
I would just like to see our next coach continue with the Broncos history of loyalty.[/quote:1cs133h9]

Absolutely and to be honest Bellamy is the guy then he clearly loves the club. Despite the media rubbish that goes back and forth he clearly wants to come back and regardless of how long we sign him for I am sure if we perform he will stay as long as he likes. However, loyalty is almost completely dead in this and many sports and anything is possible when these contracts are made out of crackers.

I think the days of such extended loyalty are long gone (unfortunely in many cases, not so unfortunately in other cases). As already stated by others there are far too many other variables and factors that come into the situation these days. And it's not just in footy or sport - the majority of people change jobs every 3-5 years or so these days.

it's becoming like NBA or NFL. Soon we will be trading players or even worse - a draft.

A Draft is a brilliant idea in any sport. Unless, of course you like greed?

Active Now

• Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • ostin86
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.