Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy * BELLAMY SIGNS WITH STORM *

Re: Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy

To be fair as well, though, Lachy - Melbourne might have had no LOCAL juniors but there are plenty of their players who have been in the club's junior system since they were really young.

Let me say it slower for some people's benefit.

A draft is ILLEGAL. It has been PROVEN as such in court. It will, should and can NEVER happen again.

Noted. I concede.

Coxy said:

A draft is ILLEGAL. It has been PROVEN as such in court. It will, should and can NEVER happen again.

Why is it illegal? and what do you mean by proven in court?

Prince Langer said:
Coxy said:

Why is it illegal? and what do you mean by proven in court?

Terry Hill took it to court in the early nineties when it was originally planned. It was decided that it was a restraint of trade on the players and deemed illegal

Lachy said:
Hmm. It just seems to me like "Oh well, our clubs doing well who gives a shit about the rest of the competition".

You couldn't really care less about the competitions status unless Brisbane were in severe financial danger. Or unless, your precious players were traded off. I'm just saying a draft has the appeal of being able to give clubs a great youth roster. Thatssss all.

Personally I think the whole competition, in general, is in pretty good shape. Over the past few years more matches than not both teams have an equal chance of being able to take the points. The competition is pretty even IMO and I don't see that a draft would add anything to it other than players being made to move away from home at a pretty young age to a place where they don't really want to be and play for a club they don't have any interest in playing for. And as others have said - it will kill junior development, no club will want to invest in a young player knowing that they probably aren't going to get a shot at keeping him because of the order of draft picks.

God damn it.

Would be good if they signed Terry Matterson, I'd make a cool $1,000 on a $30 outlay :D

Good coach we missed out on. But a major arsehole too.

Let's hope we find a decent coach who's a decent person too...

I'm actually expecting quite a few players to leave now.

I'm hoping the give Henjak the job...

Alec said:
I'm actually expecting quite a few players to leave now.

A lot of the players seem to have huge respect for Henjak. I reckon if we sign him they're more likely to hang around.

Yeah i see a lot of players leaving. Without a big name coach i can see a lot wanting to leave!!

Recruiting as well is going to become more difficult now!!

Lets not forget. Bellamy was in the same situation as Henjak once. And it's still not confirmed, the media *could* be wrong, the press conference could be "I'm here today to say goodbye to the Storm, and hello to Brisbane"

It could happen!

I just got off the phone with Bruno.

Coxy: "So Bruno, what does Craig's decision mean?"
Bruno: "Well, he was our plan A, so it's disappointing."
Coxy: "What's plan B?"
Bruno: "We have no plan B. We expected Craig to sign. We're back to square one and it'll take us at least 6 weeks to go through the process again."

Ha! Yeah right, as if! The Broncos will have a contingency, and I'm not convinced it's Henjak.

Don't panic yet people!!!

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.