Broncos lock the jet away long term

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
All of this stuff about Roberts drug and alcohol abuse really does show that the star players get special treatment.

We've had rookies sacked for far less. The strict code of conduct the Broncos prided themselves on is a myth.

I think that was only ever actually a thing when Headmaster Hook was coach. Hunt + Macca getting dropped for alcohol and Gagai getting punted. We then had to put up with Maranta on the wing for 3 seasons

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Where are all the parrots on this forum that said he was one of the worst signings in a while and saying he just can't keep out of trouble. Conveniently gone missing the last two to three months. Should be playing state of origin next year. Good signing for the Broncs. Especially the length

They've moved onto Lodge, saying the same thing, though it has quietened temporarily... If he signs next year, look out...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Roberts may play for us, but he is actually from NSW and if he keeps playing the way he is, should be an Origin starter for them...

Can't go too hard on him therefore, old boy...

They have picked worse, and they have worse in their side already.

I don't think that would have been a concern for them.. Especially when they were more than willing to sink the boot in every chance they got.

But for Kent to pass up an opportunity to get stuck into Bennett, after his rants about clubs covering shit up during the Eels saga last year.. It's strange.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
They have picked worse, and they have worse in their side already.

I don't think that would have been a concern for them.. Especially when they were more than willing to sink the boot in every chance they got.

But for Kent to pass up an opportunity to get stuck into Bennett, after his rants about clubs covering shit up during the Eels saga last year.. It's strange.

I think it's a case of them being more than happy to get stuck into him (and Bennett by extension) as a Bronco who was doing the wrong thing and looked like he was about to be rissoled out of NRL altogether, but now that he appears to have cleaned his act up and may be in the frame for a NSW call up, I think they will want to run with the 'redemption' angle...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Give it a day before Kent bags Bennett again. Wouldn't want the Broncos fired up against the Eels and they'll want weekend clicks.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
All of this stuff about Roberts drug and alcohol abuse really does show that the star players get special treatment.

We've had rookies sacked for far less. The strict code of conduct the Broncos prided themselves on is a myth.

No, It was prescription not illicit.

He's never failed any test.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013

When most hear the word 'drugs' we instantly associate street or party drugs. Prescription drugs are a massive problem in society, and have a huge impact in professional sport as well.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

Were the media well aware that it was prescription and just failed to mention it? Doesn't sound like something they would do...

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Had to laugh watching the Matty Johns Show last night. They were talking about how good Brisbane as a club is for Roberts and his career. Somebody specifically said that Paul White and Wayne Bennett should take credit and Tallis said something like, "Yeah, he's a very good operator, Paul White". He just couldn't bring himself to even acknowledge Bennett in a positive way.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Or Locky.

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Galco
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncs1459
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.