NEWS Broncos need to have tough conversation with Boyd

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The Brisbane Broncos are facing the ugly scenario of needing to have a very tough conversation with club captain Darius Boyd.
29 June 2019
FoxSports

The media are on to him now. Hopefully this will pressure Seibold into action early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to contact the ceo. There's no way I am renewing my membership if boyd doesn't retire, and mccullough gets dropped or released.
Enough is enough. They've had a free ride since 2017 but the excuses have ran out.

There comes a time when enough is enough.
We have put up with his pathetic performances the entire of last year, and half this season.
Surely the players would now even be questioning Darius not only as captain, but also as a player within this 17.
It makes an easy out the other 16 players and sets an extremely bad example for these young blokes coming through.
It’s not acceptable and it has now gotten to a point where we are the laughing stock of the nrl.
I’d love to know what goes on in these video reviews.

Does anyone know how to contact the ceo. There's no way I am renewing my membership if boyd doesn't retire, and mccullough gets dropped or released.
Enough is enough. They've had a free ride since 2017 but the excuses have ran out.

Don’t worry, once the media jump onto the disillusioned fan base it will have a snowball effect. Darius has been called out in snippets during the year but I think most have been trying to be way too respectful and kind to really shed the blowtorch on him. That may change now that it is 2/3 of the way through the season and the performances keep getting more alarming.

I think you’ll find a small minority of people will stop attending games or spending money on the club now that it’s gotten to this point, and then the longer it goes on the more people that will follow lead. Then when ratings and crowd numbers drop dramatically and it hits the club where it REALLY hurts them, then maybe, just maybe it will finally force the tough decision to be made sooner rather than later.

Make a banner and take it to the game.
If boyd and mccullough are still dishing up the same shit, and we are still losing I actually might try it. I'm at maximum pissed off levels at the moment but let me sleep on it lol.not sure it will get past security though..

Lodge played more 5/8 than Boyd tonight...There is just no point in him even being there. Problem is we have a very young side and injuries.

A lot of people on here were questionning glenn's position in the side in the future before the season started.

Now i think he is one the most consistent player who puts in an effort each match and probably our best performing senior player at the moment.

It could be a controversial opinion on here but i think glenn would be a decent captaincy choice. He works hard in the game and at training and performed when his position was challenged (by players with 'potential'). He is popular in the playing group too and has captained the team before.

The poor bloke surely must realise that most of the fan base has turned on him...worst case scenario, he gets threats in public to give it up from deranged fans.

Just email the club. White is actually pretty accomodating. If you go at the right time, you will probably see him at Red Hill but these days i dont really know when that is.
[automerge]1561813102[/automerge]
I do feel for Darius. I dont buy and never have that he doesnt try, but i do think the longer the year is going on its clear he is both mentally and physically shot. He just cant do it anymore. I actually think he will give it away at the end of this year.

Last edited:
wonder if we have any of those greg inglis type jobs going atm.

We have been watching medicority for too long and have dismantled half our squad in the space of 5 months. The club is f*cked.
Retire Boyd immediately, offer Ponga a $1m per season deal and he can get released from Newcastle on homesick and compassionate grounds. Will be the only shining light of what is a ridiculous low 2019....

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.