NEWS Broncos need to have tough conversation with Boyd

were Darius' last 2 years of the contract player options and if so has there been word he will go around again??

After last night's inept performance I'm resorting to calling Boyd Mr Bean. Catching that ball going out on the full sums his stupidity up to a tee.

He's officially now the laughing stock of the NRL. It's killing me that he's our captain too.

We're the Broncos ffs! We simply 'don't do numpties'. Get shot of him ASAP it's gone beyond the joke now.

I do fear for his immediate future; is Siebs only the second coach he has ever played under?

He wasn't this bad in Bennets last season as coach....are his mental demons resurfacing now that his security blanket is at Souths?

This is no laughing matter. Having seen this in my family I really hope Daruis can stay on top of this if indeed he is beginning to regress again.

Can I ask we respect that side of the man on here at least..?

We don’t need to have a ‘tough’ conversation at all. Just drop him from the team and send him to Wynnum.

Sorry Darius, you’re not in our plans moving forward. Best of luck...

No thanks. We will take Tom and Patty back but not taking Boyd. That would be the rawest deal since Macca and Boyd were signed till '21.

Last edited:
It is always best to give a person options because it shelters a bit of dignity. With Darius, you say," Look mate, you have won championships across the code but you aren't up to it and honestly he hasn't been up to it for three seasons now. You can retire this week or play in the lower division." Frankly I would give the same option to Andrew. Sadly for Andrew he hasn't won at any level but maybe he could still fetch a paycheck in the UK.

We have been watching medicority for too long and have dismantled half our squad in the space of 5 months. The club is f*cked.
Retire Boyd immediately, offer Ponga a $1m per season deal and he can get released from Newcastle on homesick and compassionate grounds. Will be the only shining light of what is a ridiculous low 2019....

I think the second half of the first sentence (bold) is a response to the first half

It should be seen as a positive; at least change is happening

After last night's inept performance I'm resorting to calling Boyd Mr Bean. Catching that ball going out on the full sums his stupidity up to a tee.

He's officially now the laughing stock of the NRL. It's killing me that he's our captain too.

We're the Broncos ffs! We simply 'don't do numpties'. Get shot of him ASAP it's gone beyond the joke now.
How was the footage of him catching that ball over the dead ball line during the game. The slow mo with Haas, Milf and Carrigan in the background all just staring at him going What. The. ****. Milf was fucking livid...

How was the footage of him catching that ball over the dead ball line during the game. The slow mo with Haas, Milf and Carrigan in the background all just staring at him going What. The. ****. Milf was fucking livid...
I know my 9 year-old nephew sent me a text via his dad's phone after it last night "Who in their right mind would go for that rubbish?"

I had nothing!

How hard is the conversation really?

Darius you’re not up to it. It’s in the best interests of the club that you retire.

Shit I’ll say it to him.

how hard is POTY voting this year..???

Turps gets most of my votes lately but with him not starting....

I think the second half of the first sentence (bold) is a response to the first half

It should be seen as a positive; at least change is happening

The problem is, the two changes that have been obvious since last season aren’t happening yet - Boyd and Macca gone.

This club won’t win anything with those two in the side, it’s like NSW with Pearce.

Sadly neither of them will be dropped until end of season.

[emoji41][emoji106]
IMG 20190630 103551

Just fucking retire already or go to the super league

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.