Broncos Needing Rebuild

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Yeah, he is a great player but unfortunately just signed with tigers again as maguire is a fan. I can see why. A little mixed night last night but is 100% effort, is quick with good footwork, hits holes and despite his small size takes the hard runs and usually does well. He also has a really fast play the ball.

He is the epitomy of a value for money player. Doesnt receive massive accolades but does his part for the team.

Was playing for Souths Magpies for three years and then Easts for one- anyone could have had him for a coke and pie.

Last edited:
Do yourselves a favour and watch the video half way down: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/07/06/broncos-bright-future-on-display-against-sharks/

This jersey means something to these lads, I haven't seen this type of emotion from the debutants this year. Hopefully they do themselves, their family and the club proud tomorrow.
Finally, it looks like the jersey isn't being taken for granted, if these boys dig in and continue to work hard then I think the future is in good hands.
There are too many blokes, more so the older fellas, that take this jersey for granted, just like another job. Not so with Xavier, Herbie and Keenan.
I give us a good chance tomorrow.
All the best fellas.

well one can't blame Siebold for what Seggy decided to do one morning...its about culture and I support the club with the stance they took...
[automerge]1562382715[/automerge]
...I also agree the need, nay desperate imperative, that the club begin now to form a medium to long term strategic direction in terms of player recruitment (in particular) and retaining our best and brightest.

We can say the names Ponga and Holmes all we like (and I agree this new direction must start at fullback) but we need to make a plan that identifies the correct personalities, the correct style of play that fits within our structure and make long term overtures to a shortlist of most likely candidates.

If Pongas the number 1 target long term wed like to see pulling on the Broncos no1 then fine....spend time now shaping a team that takes full advantage of adding that type of talent to it now...it makes it so much easier when it comes time to approach to show how the club have had this guy in its long term planning all along, how his game will be maximised by the structures we have, the young players signed to long term contracts etc...

make everything we do ultimately fit together...arguably we should be the first club in Australia and Rugby league to appoint a Director of Football to oversee it all...

and yeh...if we miss on Ponga then...look down your shortlist....I dunno, say Papenhausen or whoever that player is....rinse and repeat the above steps until you're identified target is prepared to come...

Last edited:
Do yourselves a favour and watch the video half way down: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/07/06/broncos-bright-future-on-display-against-sharks/

This jersey means something to these lads, I haven't seen this type of emotion from the debutants this year. Hopefully they do themselves, their family and the club proud tomorrow.
Finally, it looks like the jersey isn't being taken for granted, if these boys dig in and continue to work hard then I think the future is in good hands.
There are too many blokes, more so the older fellas, that take this jersey for granted, just like another job. Not so with Xavier, Herbie and Keenan.
All the best fellas.
I never understood a word Herbie mumbled but it sounded like he was wrapped to be pulling on our colours.

Must admit I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game with all this new blood.

All the best fellas.

That was great. I already liked Herbie & Xavier, but now I love them. Some fucking passion in the jersey, nice to see for once, rest of this lot has become far too comfortable for my liking. Hope they both kill it.

That was great. I already liked Herbie & Xavier, but now I love them. Some fucking passion in the jersey, nice to see for once, rest of this lot has become far too comfortable for my liking. Hope they both kill it.
Hopefully this passion rubs off on the rest of the squad. After watching that, try telling X and herbie that it "is just a game".

All the best fellas.

Awesome video - couldn’t understand Herbie at all through the tears, but **** it’s good to see that kind of stuff

Coates + Herbie are front runners for new favourite players at this rate

All the best fellas.

Dammit the video won't load for me :(

As great as it would be to sign a Tom Trbojevic, I just can't see him leaving Manly, especially with Des back and them firming for a premiership in the next year or two. Again, it's really nice to see the NRL come down hard on salary cap rorting.

Realistically, you're looking at players from clubs who are in the midst of removing their coach. A club like the Gold Coast Titans for instance will likely see an upheavel during the off-season, so there's a few players there that would be worth having a look at. AJ Brimson, Phillip Sami, Ash Taylor, Moeaki Fotuaika, Jai Arrow etc. would be worth a look.

I'll say that if this was the old days, Arrow and Taylor would be two very Brisbane Broncos like signings.

This gives goosebumps. Something to cheer for in the past few weeks. This video confirms that the pride in the jersey is still high except for few of the morons are taking it up for granted.

Having seen this video, I genuinely feel positive about our game on Sunday. Even if the **** head screws up(not uncommon), I want all the debutants to do well. Excited for them.

All the best fellas.
"just a game"

What’s wrong with Boyd saying ‘it’s just a game’? At the end of the day it is. Just because a lot of sad ***** have nothing else to live for doesn’t change that.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.