Broncos Needing Rebuild

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
What’s wrong with Boyd saying ‘it’s just a game’? At the end of the day it is. Just because a lot of sad ***** have nothing else to live for doesn’t change that.

There is a lot wrong in the context he presented it. He is an employee of the club, earning 10x the average salary of the average Australian. Those same people who buy memberships, support sponsors and the whole business that a football club is. To deliver a message like that in his context of topic is a little insulting and also not the right words for a leader of the club. He is the captain and more is expected given his age, experience and salary.

End of story.

Last edited:
There is a lot wrong in the context he presented it. He is an employee of the club, earning 10x the average salary of the average Australian. Those same people who buy memberships, support sponsors and the whole business that a football club is. To deliver a message like that in his context of topic is a little insulting and also not the right words for a leader of the club. He is the captain and more is expected given his age, experience and salary.

End of story.
Mate replying to troll bait is not cool.

Last edited:
If it's just a game, if we drop him he can't really complain either, it's just a game.

Yeah I agree. I want him out of the team, I just don’t think people blowing up about him saying it’s just a game are being reasonable

What’s wrong with Boyd saying ‘it’s just a game’? At the end of the day it is. Just because a lot of sad ***** have nothing else to live for doesn’t change that.
I don't get the need for the "sad *****" comment. We all have lots going on in our lives that matter a lot more than footy but the fact we come onto an Internet forum dedicated to the footy club tells you and us that it still means a lot to us. You yourself comment nearly every day, you would be top of the very same "sad *****" list. Look how passionate you get about seibold, isn't that a sign of a "sad ****" with "nothing else to live for"?
Also, if its "just a job" maybe he'd be happy giving back all the money. I mean, it's just money after all. Why doesnt he look Farnworth, Staggs or Coates in the eyes and say "it's just a job" after their debuts. They have dedicated their lives to earning that jersey. There are always more important things for people to go home too from their jobs, believe it or not even brain surgeons or paramedics have more important things to go home too, but if you are getting paid that amount of money it deserves dedication and commitment. If you aren't going to do that, give up the money, no judgement, it's that simple.
Imagine a manager getting paid that amount to run a company and it starts losing money and then they tell to the shareholders "it's just a job", because that's exactly what he has just done...

Seems like qld needs a rebuild as well and uncle Wayne wants to be the man to fix them too

As great as it would be to sign a Tom Trbojevic, I just can't see him leaving Manly, especially with Des back and them firming for a premiership in the next year or two. Again, it's really nice to see the NRL come down hard on salary cap rorting.

Realistically, you're looking at players from clubs who are in the midst of removing their coach. A club like the Gold Coast Titans for instance will likely see an upheavel during the off-season, so there's a few players there that would be worth having a look at. AJ Brimson, Phillip Sami, Ash Taylor, Moeaki Fotuaika, Jai Arrow etc. would be worth a look.

I'll say that if this was the old days, Arrow and Taylor would be two very Brisbane Broncos like signings.

Yeah I can really see Ash Taylor being pushed out. Titans have huge buyers remorse over that guy. We could probably score him back on a slashed price but whether or not we want him is another question.

I don't get the need for the "sad *****" comment. We all have lots going on in our lives that matter a lot more than footy but the fact we come onto an Internet forum dedicated to the footy club tells you and us that it still means a lot to us. You yourself comment nearly every day, you would be top of the very same "sad *****" list. Look how passionate you get about seibold, isn't that a sign of a "sad ****" with "nothing else to live for"?
Also, if its "just a job" maybe he'd be happy giving back all the money. I mean, it's just money after all. Why doesnt he look Farnworth, Staggs or Coates in the eyes and say "it's just a job" after their debuts. They have dedicated their lives to earning that jersey. There are always more important things for people to go home too from their jobs, believe it or not even brain surgeons or paramedics have more important things to go home too, but if you are getting paid that amount of money it deserves dedication and commitment. If you aren't going to do that, give up the money, no judgement, it's that simple.
Imagine a manager getting paid that amount to run a company and it starts losing money and then they tell to the shareholders "it's just a job", because that's exactly what he has just done...

They’re called paragraphs, look into them

Do yourselves a favour and watch the video half way down: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/07/06/broncos-bright-future-on-display-against-sharks/

This jersey means something to these lads, I haven't seen this type of emotion from the debutants this year. Hopefully they do themselves, their family and the club proud tomorrow.
Finally, it looks like the jersey isn't being taken for granted, if these boys dig in and continue to work hard then I think the future is in good hands.
There are too many blokes, more so the older fellas, that take this jersey for granted, just like another job. Not so with Xavier, Herbie and Keenan.
I give us a good chance tomorrow.
All the best fellas.

These are the type of players we need.

Not the players that sulk when they get dropped and take the easy way out.

The funny thing is he used paragraphs. I guess his post hit a nerve.
No he didn’t. He posted a wall of text. And he didn’t hit a nerve because I didn’t read it due to the fact that it was a wall of text

Last edited:
They’re called paragraphs, look into them
You got me a good one there! So clever! Zzzzzzzzz.. I didn't think it was medically possible but your comments are actually giving me narcolepsy
[automerge]1562405915[/automerge]
No he didn’t. He posted a wall of text. And he didn’t hit a nerve because I didn’t read it due to the fact that it was a wall of text
Unless you read at the level of a school kid you've actually spent more time commenting about how you didn't read it then it would take to read it. Obviously hit a nerve, sorry mate.... And yes, I actually did use paragraphs haha

Last edited:

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.