Broncos Needing Rebuild

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
It’s not only that. I think seibold was a bad choice. I think he’s putting in a Boyd level if performance as a coach yet only a few here are willing to acknowledge it.
Would you ever concede that this was always going to happen post Bennett. Seibold is restructuring at the expense of his own currency.

Last edited:
OUTS-
McGuire
Roberts
Nikorima
Boyd (Exit was stonewalled but he's as good as gone)
Isaako (I don't know if he'd be in this side even if his father was fine)
McC (I refuse to believe Seibold actually supports him)

That's 6 of last years starting 13 that have been axed or will be axed in the space of 9 months, including 3/4's of the spine. I remember saying much earlier on this year something like "It's beginning to look a lot like a cleanout" or something along those lines. Bennettball is a hard thing to train out of a player it seems.

It's gonna be a painful time for the club for awhile, but I think deep down most of us were already anticipating that, and I think after all that we've seen and heard out of the club over the past 2 seasons, I am absolutely a believer that a rebuild is what the club needed. Complacency had got its claws into the playing group and still does in the form of a couple of players who refuse to **** off, and I was well fed up with that attitude a long time ago.

I'll take the medicine if it means the club will prosper later. The question is am I a minority within the fanbase?

You forgot kahu as well. Plus the injury to bird and now Milford. That’s a lot of first grade experience gone in half a season. Probably will continue to struggle for another 2 seasons

It’s not only that. I think seibold was a bad choice. I think he’s putting in a Boyd level if performance as a coach yet only a few here are willing to acknowledge it.
Can I make a suggestion Gordy as everyone seems to be getting their knickers a tad twisted? Accept that every single person on this forum absolutely and unequivocally understands you think Siebs is shit and Bennett is the man, or maybe Kevvie. Now since everyone knows that you feel that way and why, maybe provide the forum with other unrelated opinions about the Broncos and footy you may have. There's only so many re runs we can watch. What do you think about the 4 new debutants? Who would you play at fullback (realistically)?

Taylor will likely be pushed out the door at the Titans and I imagine they would be willing to pay a fair chunk of his salary to get him out the door.

So it is a fair question, should the Broncos be interested? I would say no but he would be coming with no power or sway. He would provide improved experience in the halves and could help guide Dearden and Paix.

Taylor will likely be pushed out the door at the Titans and I imagine they would be willing to pay a fair chunk of his salary to get him out the door.

So it is a fair question, should the Broncos be interested? I would say no but he would be coming with no power or sway. He would provide improved experience in the halves and could help guide Dearden and Paix.
If the Broncos want a half with experience to help guide guys like Paix and Dearden, Taylor would have to be towards the bottom of the list IMO. He's not even 100 games into his career, I dunno what he can teach besides how to be paid well without doing much, and we already have Boyd for that.

Can I make a suggestion Gordy as everyone seems to be getting their knickers a tad twisted? Accept that every single person on this forum absolutely and unequivocally understands you think Siebs is shit and Bennett is the man, or maybe Kevvie. Now since everyone knows that you feel that way and why, maybe provide the forum with other unrelated opinions about the Broncos and footy you may have. There's only so many re runs we can watch. What do you think about the 4 new debutants? Who would you play at fullback (realistically)?
I dont have much of an opinion on them as I havent seen them play. I hope they play well and I wish them good luck.

I actually fear we're going to lose by about 40 points. I hope I'm wrong though.
[automerge]1562411377[/automerge]

Letting go of taylor was one of the best decisions the club has made in the past 10 years. The bloke is no good.

Last edited:

Taylor guiding our rookie halves... are we in that much of a shambles?

.....so glad to see 4 young men grab that Broncos jersey with a grip that states in no way are they letting go of it if they can help it...

Wonderful insight into what it means for young men who have sacrificed a awful lot to just hope for a chance....

Ive no idea what this means for the future, but for me my attitude towards this season at the half way stage has turned dramatically....I cant fucking wait for these young kids to show everyone what it means to pull on this jersey and give 110%...

Last edited:
Taylor guiding our rookie halves... are we in that much of a shambles?

I feel like Taylor, and I hate to use this cliched example, needs to enjoy footy again, and I don’t think he ever has down there. Coming back may get him back to being the future star he was touted as 5 years ago.

Not saying we should go out of our way to sign him or he should be a first choice half mind you

Last edited:
Do yourselves a favour and watch the video half way down: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/07/06/broncos-bright-future-on-display-against-sharks/

This jersey means something to these lads, I haven't seen this type of emotion from the debutants this year. Hopefully they do themselves, their family and the club proud tomorrow.
Finally, it looks like the jersey isn't being taken for granted, if these boys dig in and continue to work hard then I think the future is in good hands.
There are too many blokes, more so the older fellas, that take this jersey for granted, just like another job. Not so with Xavier, Herbie and Keenan.
I give us a good chance tomorrow.
All the best fellas.
**** it is good to see these guys get emotional about playing for this club wearing our jersey ... I have no doubt that win or lose, they will make us proud tomorrow ...

From the top video, Seibs interview, one pleasing thing was him saying that when Milf gets back (which could be as early as next week) he'll get an extended run at fullback

Good on these lads. Its really good to see the emotion is there and they want that jersey. Wish them well today. Up the boys.

Hopefully this passion rubs off on the rest of the squad. After watching that, try telling X and herbie that it "is just a game".
That was my immediate thought too. Those boys have just the passion I’ve been wanting in our team so I hope they kill it.

I also hope Darius was squirming through that whole presentation. The only reason I feel bad for those boys is that they deserve to debut under a better captain.

Two things from Siebs short interview I loved.
1. He has told the young debs that the jersey is theirs. If they play a blinder, they will stay in first grade. As far as he is concerned it is now their jersey to lose. Gee I hope they all have a top notch gun of a game to create that push for spots.
2. Boyd/Voyd at FB has officially been recognised as a problem that needs fixing. This means provided Siebs has a fit player roster to pick from that Voyd will no longer be able to fall over as the last line of defence.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.