Broncos Needing Rebuild

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
How far away is Dearden ? I haven’t really been keeping up with the injuries.

I don’t get the dearden love, he didn’t disgrace himself but in 4 games he got no try’s, try assist, line breaks or line break assists and everyone here wants to anoint him the messiah

Last edited:
Taylor will likely be pushed out the door at the Titans and I imagine they would be willing to pay a fair chunk of his salary to get him out the door.

So it is a fair question, should the Broncos be interested? I would say no but he would be coming with no power or sway. He would provide improved experience in the halves and could help guide Dearden and Paix.
I think after letting tannah boyd and Walker's son go and possibly moving mold to the back , we have to add another half.
I think if kevie gets the titans gig Taylor will stay but would be silly not to look at him, especially if titans are paying for some of the contract.

I think after letting tannah boyd and Walker's son go and possibly moving mold to the back , we have to add another half.
I think if kevie gets the titans gig Taylor will stay but would be silly not to look at him, especially if titans are paying for some of the contract.

Yeah, Taylor has one of the big things we lack which is a kicking game.

Sam walker wasn't let go, he chose the roosters. Boyd was well back in the pecking order, his dropping from qld cup and paix's selection as halfback and captain in the qld under 20s over him have further showed this.
I think we would benefit from an experienced half for a year or 2 but no longer than that. A lot of the experience problems we are facing won't be the same in a year or 2. Paix, o'sullivan and dearden all seem to have promise.
I don't want the club to start panic buying, premiership teams aren't built in a year (unless you are the roosters of course) despite the impatience shown on here by some people. Will this plan work, maybe it will maybe it won't, but ffs it'll take more than 25 games to "prove" either way...

I’ve seen people saying round 20, which would be 7-8 weeks. I don’t think it’ll be that quick. They’re not going to rush him regardless
I was at training on Friday and someone asked him that question. He said 4 weeks, but hopeful for 3 (return date).

I don’t get the dearden love, he didn’t disgrace himself but in 4 games he got no try’s, try assist, line breaks or line break assists and everyone here wants to anoint him the messiah

I think the fact that he didn't disgrace himself and had solid defense is the part that gets us excited. The kid is 18 years old, was thrown into a struggling team and held his own. Should have a try assist but Gillette dropped it. The other teams were targeting him every match, big forwards rolling down his edge and he was up for it. We won 3 of the 4 matches he played. As an 18 year old stepping into the NRL, his priority has to be making the tackles and from there his attack will grow so it's not that hard to understand why we remain optimistic about where the Broncos are headed with him in the halves.

**** it is good to see these guys get emotional about playing for this club wearing our jersey ... I have no doubt that win or lose, they will make us proud tomorrow ...

From the top video, Seibs interview, one pleasing thing was him saying that when Milf gets back (which could be as early as next week) he'll get an extended run at fullback
I also noticed that, and at the pre game presser Seibs made it pretty clear that Milf will be our FB this year and also next. I know a lot of people are calling for us to buy a new FB, so a few on here won't be too happy. I thought we were a chance of going after Holmes. Im not sure who we will spend our extra $ on now..the halves are sorted, outside backs and forwards also.
Surely we are not spending all our left over cap upgrading the blokes we already have, if so, we need to have a good hard look at our recruitment.
[automerge]1562462110[/automerge]
Taylor will likely be pushed out the door at the Titans and I imagine they would be willing to pay a fair chunk of his salary to get him out the door.

So it is a fair question, should the Broncos be interested? I would say no but he would be coming with no power or sway. He would provide improved experience in the halves and could help guide Dearden and Paix.
I really hope not. I don't think Taylor would add anything to this team. We have our halves, and Taylor has showed that he hasn't been able to live up to the high expectations that have been put on him.

Last edited:
If Seibold is adamant Milford is our fullback next year, does that mean he's got a plan to buy a 5/8? Surely it can't be Boyd.

Last edited:
Fair point on the stats but we have been rubbish since he went down injured against the GC. We haven’t had any sort of organisation or composure in attack since he’s been gone. A sign of an an average squad when an 18 year old is what supporters are relying on to get going again but I get the love for him and rate the kid.

the halves are sorted

Who do you think partners Dearden? I still think Dearden and Milford made a good halves pairing but if Milford is going to fullback, I'm not sure who plays 5/8. Boyd, Turpin, Paix, Dargan, O'Sullivan are our options it seems.

If Seibold is adamant Milford is our fullback next year, does that mean he's got a plan to buy a 5/8? Surely it can't be Boyd.

Those Cody Walker rumours were real, he's got something planned. It may not be Cody, but I think he'll get someone.

Who do you think partners Dearden? I still think Dearden and Milford made a good halves pairing but if Milford is going to fullback, I'm not sure who plays 5/8. Boyd, Turpin, Paix, Dargan, O'Sullivan are our options it seems.

will Milford likely to be fullback for the foreseeable future, I think Bird should partner Dearden in the halves.

I think the fact that he didn't disgrace himself and had solid defense is the part that gets us excited. The kid is 18 years old, was thrown into a struggling team and held his own. Should have a try assist but Gillette dropped it. The other teams were targeting him every match, big forwards rolling down his edge and he was up for it. We won 3 of the 4 matches he played. As an 18 year old stepping into the NRL, his priority has to be making the tackles and from there his attack will grow so it's not that hard to understand why we remain optimistic about where the Broncos are headed with him in the halves.
Yet people rag on Shiba so quickly.

will Milford likely to be fullback for the foreseeable future, I think Bird should partner Dearden in the halves.

Could be a fair shout, my only concern with that would be it's a lot of pressure on Tom to run the team, Bird would be a great running 6, but his kicking game is pretty much non-existent. Maybe he can develop one over the off-season a la Jack Wighton, that'd be handy.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.