Broncos New Coach

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Smith is from Brisbane. At some point it's nice to come home. Melbourne is a great city to visit but crap weather to live.

Smith was always going to come "home" whilst playing. It never eventuated. Same with Inglis. This whole myth of everyone wants to come home is annoying. Money talks for these guys and these guys are well paid at their respective clubs to compensate from them living away.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
The reality is that Melbourne is home for Smith now, he has been there so long. His kids plays AFL and has only known Melbourne. He and the family would have well established support bases and friendship groups in place. There is no reason for him to `come home'.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Smith is from Brisbane. At some point it's nice to come home. Melbourne is a great city to visit but crap weather to live.
I think his "home" is in Logan. I think it's safe to say that he will cope with poor climate rather than to return "home". Not to mention, the city of Melb is superior to Bris in every way imaginable.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I think his "home" is in Logan. I think it's safe to say that he will cope with poor climate rather than to return "home". Not to mention, the city of Melb is superior to Bris in every way imaginable.
Except for weather, traffic and let's not forget, the lack of Mexicans.

No way I'd trade SEQ for Melbourne, but much less for Sydney.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Melbourne is better than Brisbane in every way?? I lived there for three years and can tell you I'd trade it for Brisbane in a heartbeat.

Logan on the other hand, that place should be flattened and re-built with the people moving underground so no one has to say those mullets ever again. I can say that because I grew up there.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
The reality is that Melbourne is home for Smith now, he has been there so long. His kids plays AFL and has only known Melbourne. He and the family would have well established support bases and friendship groups in place. There is no reason for him to `come home'.

Fair enough.

And

Wow kids play AFL and he is an posed as an ambassador of the game...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

$$$$$$$$

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

I guess it's a matter of taste

I absolutely hate Melbourne, it's a bloody awful place to visit let alone live

I would live in Sydney in a flash before living in Melbourne, but I'd prefer Brissy over both

BTW, I live in Adelaide :)

morethanjack

morethanjack

NYC Player
Contributor
Aug 12, 2013
I lived in Melbourne for a number of years and couldn't wait to leave. It's a nice place to visit but a terrible place to live in my opinion.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
I think of next coach should be neil henry , hes about to be released from the gold coast and we could use him [emoji13]

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Your kidding aren't you! In every way ha !

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Melbourne is better than Brisbane in every way?? I lived there for three years and can tell you I'd trade it for Brisbane in a heartbeat.

Logan on the other hand, that place should be flattened and re-built with the people moving underground so no one has to say those mullets ever again. I can say that because I grew up there.

Logan is better than the northern suburbs of Brisbane

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Lol, come on.

17155783_413983612288967_7156132299370494403_n.jpg

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
if we're talking dbay, morayfield etc then i guess there's an element of leveling there.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.