Kalolo Saitaua
Jack Schaffer
Jeremy Skelton
Richard Skelton
Junior Taefu
Jack Tuttle
Tim Wolens

Re: Broncos NYC 2013

Might just look like a list of names to most, so will try and organise it.

Returning Players...
Ajuma Adams - Backrow
Elijah Alick - Fullback/Wing
Jai Arrow - Backrow
Jayden Berrell - Hooker
Paul Byrnes - Fullback
Dwayne Duncan - Fullback/Wing
Brett Greinke - Backrow
Brandon Lee - Backrow/Hooker
Brendan McBryde - Backrow
Tom Opacic - Centre
Chris Ostwald - Hooker
Aaron Rockley - Prop
Harry Pondekas - Front Row/Backrow
Kalolo Saitaua - Hooker
Jack Schaffer - Wing
Richard Skelton - Backrow

Signings
Alex Barr - Melbourne Storm NYC - Backrow
Sam Gee - Gold Coast Titans NYC - Backrow

New Faces
Rugby
Jack Tuttle - Inside Centre, Played for the Australian 7s last year
Josh Bowen-Boyer - Fly Half/Fullback Australian Schoolboys Rep

Norths
Jayden Nikorima - Five Eigth
Lindsay Collins - Forward
Jacob Kelly - ???

Central Queensland
Kieran Duffin - Backrow
Daniel Russell - ??

Souths Logan
George Fai - Prop
Sam Lavea - Prop
Riva Pati - Wing
Junior Taefu - Wing

Redcliffe
Jeremy Skelton - Backrow?

Gold Coast
Tim Wolens - Prop

Wynnum Seagulls
Will Brimson - Five Eigth

Last edited:
Some really exciting prospects there. I really like Brendan lee, a workaholic second rower/hooker. A player of the dean young mould are always handy to a team

I'd imagine if it wasn't for his shoulder surgery, he may have been able to spend some time training with the senior squad. I've been a fan of his for awhile now - nothing flashy, just does the little things well.

Total shot at the dark side

1. Paul Byrnes
2. Elijah Alick
3. Tom Opacic
4. Jordan Drew
5. Jack Schaffer
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Duncan Paia'Aua
8. Francis Molo
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Jo Ofahengaue
11. Brett Greinke
12. Ajuma Adams
13. Jai Arrow

14. Kalolo Saitaua
15. Sam Gee
16. Brandon Lee
17. George Fai

Palau to 3 if he was just away for picture day. Backrow could change too, I honestly didn't want to go out on a limb and went with Adams who's played there in the past.

Last edited:
Injured isn't he?

So we didn't end up signing Lama Tasi's brother ?

I'd imagine if it wasn't for his shoulder surgery, he may have been able to spend some time training with the senior squad. I've been a fan of his for awhile now - nothing flashy, just does the little things well.

Exactly right, I was curious why he didn't get an invite to train with the sernior squad but that would explain it.

A contender for a spot next year but then again i got excited about Mitchell Frei, thought he was going to make first grade, a hard running go forward goalkicking Lock (sound familiar?) but that didn't work out

Exactly right, I was curious why he didn't get an invite to train with the sernior squad but that would explain it.

A contender for a spot next year but then again i got excited about Mitchell Frei, thought he was going to make first grade, a hard running go forward goalkicking Lock (sound familiar?) but that didn't work out

He was another with wraps that had limited ability. I thought his surname elevated him way above his playing ability.

Big Pete, Adams was a standout last year in the 20's so i don't see him not being in the 17. He is a guy that opposition forwards will run away from, absolutely floored a few opposition players last year. He could also be deployed in the front row rotation

I am also a fan of Lee and his no nonsense play. Leaves nothing in the tank

Last edited:
If you are looking for an impact off the bench then Kalolo could well be something special

He was another with wraps that had limited ability. I thought his surname elevated him way above his playing ability.

Big Pete, Adams was a standout last year in the 20's so i don't see him not being in the 17. He is a guy that opposition forwards will run away from, absolutely floored a few opposition players last year. He could also be deployed in the front row rotation

I am also a fan of Lee and his no nonsense play. Leaves nothing in the tank

I thought Frei did his job well though, you noticed when he came on the field with his go forward and handy offload

Devasted we lost Timu but Adams is a brilliant repalcemnt he had some great highlights from 2013

Watching highlights of Brendan Lee, its amazing how he goes from solid Hooker to 2nd rower who seems to be good at counting numbers when it comes to blind side plays, he's not flashy but has good football sense

I thought Frei did his job well though, you noticed when he came on the field with his go forward and handy offload

Devasted we lost Timu but Adams is a brilliant repalcemnt he had some great highlights from 2013

Watching highlights of Brendan Lee, its amazing how he goes from solid Hooker to 2nd rower who seems to be good at counting numbers when it comes to blind side plays, he's not flashy but has good football sense

I thought Adams was in much better form than Timu from about the halfway mark of last season. Timu started to look very ordinary in the latter stages and maybe knowing he was leaving on a sabbatical was the reason.

I would describe Brandon Lee as unfashionable but he just has something about him. He most likely won't fill in at hooker unless there are injuries this year. Lolo will have the bench hooker spot

Last edited:
I thought Adams was in much better form than Timu from about the halfway mark of last season. Timu started to look very ordinary in the latter stages and maybe knowing he was leaving on a sabbatical was the reason.

I would describe Brandon Lee as unfashionable but he just has something about him. He most likely won't fill in at hooker unless there are injuries this year. Lolo will have the bench hooker spot

True, it was obvious, he was even dropped to the bench by the end.

I'd say Lee is a better lock/2nd rower however he would be handy in the NRL squad in the future, he could come off the bench as a 2nd rower and in an emergancies be used at hooker. Gives us more forward depth on the bench and still cover injury in hooker/halves (i'd say he would go to hooker and macca drop back) instead of us carrying someone who can only play hooker on the bench. Manly have that in buhrer

Without doubt, I just remember him being better in the middle than on the fringes - could be wrong there though but I don't know if he'd be first pick for the backrow. Got plenty of exciting young prospects there though.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • barker
  • Thelmus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.