Broncos NYC 2014

well footy season has started.... I go to watch the 20's kids today. There were some very impressive performances from a few players noted below.

Lindsay Collins, this kid is big and raw, carries the ball very strongly and defends really well. I think he can go a long way, he set a very strong platform today and bent the defense every time he carried the ball. Very keen to watch this kid progress...
Harry Pondekas, made several breaks and was virtually unstoppable on the left edge. Looked very dangerous every time he carried the ball, defense was good and also made a great cover tackle late in the game. Will cause plenty of damage this year.
Kieran Duffin, this kid is a work horse.... He covered the central part of the filed like a man possessed. Tackles all day and is aggressive in defense... He looks to have a very good motor.
Will Brimson, wow.... classy classy classy... had time on the ball and plays square to the defense. Takes the ball to the line in 2 hands and is silky. Also he isn't afraid to play either side of the ruck, it was refreshing to watch a footballer rather than a robot. This kid has massive upside and potential...

The rest of the team was ok with out being brilliant, however i messaged a few weeks back about kalolo and his inability to play for the team.. I was proved right gain today, he plays to much for himself and the coaches will need to rectify this asap.

not sure on the exact final score but it was a fairly convincing win to the broncos 20's. I think it may have ended up 34 -10 but that could well be wrong

I was at this game to watch my nephew run out for Norths and i would have to say it might be a long season for Norths but on the other hand it was good to go and watch some of the young Broncos strut their stuff.I was most impressed by the 14 he was playing in the halves and the 11 back rower on the left edge these 2 boys were in a different class to the rest.Were these 2 of the boys you spoke about in your post Talanoa

Last edited:
I was at this game to watch my nephew run out for Norths and i would have to say it might be a long season for Norths but on the other hand it was good to go and watch some of the young Broncos strut their stuff.I was most impressed by the 14 he was playing in the halves and the 11 back rower on the left edge these 2 boys were in a different class to the rest.Were these 2 of the boys you spoke about in your post Talanoa
The 14 was named as Kurt Hatfield and as far as I know he is a prop forward not a half

The 14 was named as Kurt Hatfield and as far as I know he is a prop forward not a half

Just spoke to my nephew he said their may have been a couple of players that were playing in different numbers to what was listed but he said that Will Brimson was listed as 7 played as 14 and Harry Pondekas listed at 12 played as 11. These were the 2 boys i thought really stood out and showed some class.

You are the second to report Brimson as having a good game. Will keep my eye out for him this year

Team to face the Titans at Kougari Oval, Wynnum
1 Elijah Alick
2 Paul Byrnes
3 Tom Opacic
4 Jack Tuttle
5 Junior Taefu
6 Duncan Paia’aua
7 Jayden Nikorima
8 Sam Gee
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Aaron Rockley
11 Ajuma Adams
12 Brett Grienke
13 Jai Arrow
Interchange:
14 George Fai
15 Jack Schaffer
16 Brendan McBryde
17 Lindsay Collins
18 Sam Lavea
19 Will Brimson
20 Kieran Duffin
Coach: Craig Hodges

Couple of interesting selections there.

Going into this season, I would have thought that Byrnes at fullback & Alick on the wing may have been better for the team given Alick is more adept on the wing. However, if Alick lives up to his potential and reputation, he could be a revelation at fullback and give the team a tremendous boost at the back.

No sign of Pondekas either. I wonder what the story is there?

Last edited:
Is Sam Gee the same kid who was at the Titans last year?

Yep.

Andrew's nephew I believe.

If you're interested in the backgrounds of these players, I wrote a post earlier detailing where they've come from. It's a little rough as there is only so much you can scope out on the internet, but I hope it's of some use.

Pondekas must be rested as his form would make him a certain starter in the back row.

just seen pete's team. Pondekas must be injured cause I watched him last weekend and he tore the opposition to shreds, not to mention was a stand out in the pack for the bronco's along with collins.

just seen pete's team. Pondekas must be injured cause I watched him last weekend and he tore the opposition to shreds, not to mention was a stand out in the pack for the bronco's along with collins.

According to my mail Pondekas didnt make the top 25 for the Broncos NYC he is back at Norhs colts all i can say is they must have a bloody good squad to leave this kid out, my nephew got a shock when he ran into him lastnight at Norths training and said "he ripped us appart at training like he did in last Saturdays game"....

Team to face the Titans at Kougari Oval, Wynnum
1 Elijah Alick
2 Paul Byrnes
3 Tom Opacic
4 Jack Tuttle
5 Junior Taefu
6 Duncan Paia’aua
7 Jayden Nikorima
8 Sam Gee
9 Jayden Berrell
10 Aaron Rockley
11 Ajuma Adams
12 Brett Grienke
13 Jai Arrow
Interchange:
14 George Fai
15 Jack Schaffer
16 Brendan McBryde
17 Lindsay Collins
18 Sam Lavea
19 Will Brimson
20 Kieran Duffin
Coach: Craig Hodges

Couple of interesting selections there.

Going into this season, I would have thought that Byrnes at fullback & Alick on the wing may have been better for the team given Alick is more adept on the wing. However, if Alick lives up to his potential and reputation, he could be a revelation at fullback and give the team a tremendous boost at the back.

No sign of Pondekas either. I wonder what the story is there?

no Brendan lee either

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • jarro65
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • Nerd
  • Dazza 92
  • Turks85
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Lozza
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • The Don
  • kiwibronco
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.