Broncos NYC 2014

That looks a pretty goog team Pete
interested to see Tuttle play this year

I havent really followed NYC the past few years.

Can somebody who knows a bit more about our team give us an accurate prediction on what to expect this year in terms of ladder position...? Are we capable of being a top four side...?

I havent really followed NYC the past few years.

Can somebody who knows a bit more about our team give us an accurate prediction on what to expect this year in terms of ladder position...? Are we capable of being a top four side...?
I think they are capable of top 4 this year. We have some exciting players in this team

im interested to hear more from splinter about pondekas, he mentioned he was out of his depth. Do you care to elaborate????
Also the top 4 is a bit of a stretch. Top8 maybe but they look to be light on up the middle this year, molo will be the main man but go forward through gee and rockley doesnt give me the greatest of hope. Also points might be hard to come by, no oates or timu this year so there edge strike power looks very limited.

I have only seen him play the limited minutes he got at the end of last year. I had heard a fair bit about him so looked out for him when he came on. He seemed slightly behind the game which could be because of the step up from Norths and the game maybe faster. This was both in attack and defence.
I will give you that a prop needs to stand up this year but Timu was a shadow of his former self in the second half of the season. Adams will be on the edge again this year and was in way better form than Timu.
Hopefully Ofahengaue will come on well this season in the forwards as well

Last update I read on the trial tonight against the Titans.

Broncos lead 16 nil at half-time.

Titans were mounting a comeback and the scores were at 16-10.

That was twenty minutes ago.

Couple of interesting selections there.

Going into this season, I would have thought that Byrnes at fullback & Alick on the wing may have been better for the team given Alick is more adept on the wing. However, if Alick lives up to his potential and reputation, he could be a revelation at fullback and give the team a tremendous boost at the back.

No sign of Pondekas either. I wonder what the story is there?

I just read on the Newcastle Knights forum that Pondekas has signed with the Knights and is heading down there next week. WTF???

2014 NYC Holden Cup Thread - Page 6

Hopefully the Broncos have got the best backrowers and let him go. He would have to be exceptional to be better than Jai Arrow,Arjuma Adams and Joe Ofahenguaue

Hopefully the Broncos have got the best backrowers and let him go. He would have to be exceptional to be better than Jai Arrow,Arjuma Adams and Joe Ofahenguaue

From what i have seen of this kid and some research i have done he is a different style of player to these guys Arrow,Adams and Ofahenguaue are all good defenders and only scored a handfull of points between them last season, i think it took Ofahenguaue all year to score 1 try and Arrow maybe 2 for the season whereas Pondekas scored over a 100 points with 20 tries and he kicked some goals as well so if they cant see that these guys are different there must be something wrong with Broncos system. How could you pick Sam Gee,Brendan Mcbryde (top 25) over Pondekas on current form or any form for that matter(politics may be involved)Looks like another one gunna slip through the system ,hope this aint the case wake up to your selves.

Last edited:
Mmm, very interesting. The discussion has disappeared off that Knights forum. Not sure what it means. It was still there when I checked again yesterday but I can't find it now either.

The actual post has disappeared but they are still talking about him in post no. 83, 84 & 85.

2014 NYC Holden Cup Thread - Page 6

I'm guessing some big mouth over there shot his mouth off too early

From what i have seen of this kid and some research i have done he is a different style of player to these guys Arrow,Adams and Ofahenguaue are all good defenders and only scored a handfull of points between them last season, i think it took Ofahenguaue all year to score 1 try and Arrow maybe 2 for the season whereas Pondekas scored over a 100 points with 20 tries and he kicked some goals as well so if they cant see that these guys are different there must be something wrong with Broncos system. How could you pick Sam Gee,Brendan Mcbryde (top 25) over Pondekas on current form or any form for that matter(politics may be involved)Looks like another one gunna slip through the system ,hope this aint the case wake up to your selves.

I am not sure you can compare the scoring in two different classes.
Don't know much about Gee or McBryde so you may well be right that he is better than these two

Active Now

• broncotville
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • simplythebest
  • Fitzy
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.