Broncos NYC 2014

Paul White was spot on. We are completely professional in every possible area including goal kicking!

I can't be the only person who gets caught up in the GF festivities, even if it is just the NYC?

Don't care what grade it is, losing on goal-kicking just sucks.

But then again, I thought the game was basically over at HT and when we let them score in the second half we basically confirmed it. At the end of the day, they were guilty of playing NYC football instead of sticking to finals footy. To open with a 60% completion rate simply isn't good enough.

Still, I was very impressed with the way they finished and some of the options they took towards the finish. They were panicking a bit and looking for the soft options to score but I thought Taylor showed some good composure just to put a grubber kick through and earn his team a repeat set. Wasn't his best game, nor was he ever truly 'on' during the finals series but he's a bit like DCE as far as still being a handy player even at his worst.

Plenty of players to like here but they've still got some way to go. Will be very interested to see how some of them go after a proper pre-season.

Congratulations to the boys on a great season... Bad luck in the GF.

I only caught the game on radio, but it sounds like we have some talent in the NYC, lead by Jayden Nikorima, Arrow and Ofahengaue

I'm excited by our future. I hope that any of those players that are genuine shots at the NRL are placed in the ISC to further their development, as I think spending more time than necessary in the NYC, hinders (rather than helps) development.

Sounds like Joe Ofahengaue will be playing for the Jets next season if the Brisbane Times are to be believed. Also read that Hodges is looking to promote Taylor to ISC next year as well but can't remember where I read that - whether it was in the Courier Mail, NRL.com or Big League.

I never thought of it before, but Hodges' point about it being a horses for courses approach sounded right. Half the battle in the NRL is getting used to the travel demands and playing in big stadiums. While Holden Cup may not be ideal, it certainly has it's benefits over the ISC.

I'm hoping Joe is on the bench for us for the majority of next season to be honest.. from what limited time I've seen him, he's shown more skill and motor than J.Wallace & D.Hala combined.

I'd be interested to see how Ofahengaue handles the step up.

It's easy to forget but J. Wallace produces similar stats in the ISC yet hasn't really kicked on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Joe for being named in the Junior Kangaroos team to play the Junior Kiwi's on Saturday October 18!

1. Clint Gutherson (Sea Eagles)
2. Nene Macdonald (Roosters)
3. Waqa Blake (Panthers)
4. Euan Aitken (Dragons)
5. Jake Mamo (Knights)
6. Drew Hutchison (Dragons)
7. Ryan Matterson (Eels)
8. Matthew Lodge (Tigers)
9. Cameron McInnes (Rabbitohs)
10. Joe Ofahengaue (Broncos)
11. Patrick Mago (Raiders)
12. Tevita Pangai (Raiders)
13. Kelepi Tanginoa (Eels)

14. Jack Bird (Dragons)
15. Willis Meehan (Roosters)
16. Cameron Munster (Storm)
17. Andy Saunders (Panthers)
18. Jackson Hastings (Roosters)

You give the refs use of the video and they go to it 90% of the time.

It really was ridiculous the amount of times he went to the video ref.

@NateTaylor87: JUST IN: @PenrithPanthers centre Waqa Blake has withdrawn from the Junior Kangaroos team due to injury. Replaced by Bronco Brett Grienke

I remember seeing #15 with a couple of kick returns and runs with no messing about, just full of steam. That's what we need.

Name
MinutesTacklesMissed TacklesLine-BreaksTotal RunsMetres GainedHandling ErrorsOffloads
K. Nikorima802121621615
Byrnes8041155120
Opacic809101112301
Drew 5362067610
Tuttle8021154210
Paia'Aua80123098110
Taylor80100053810
Rockley22200054800
Berrell521660910102
Ofahengaue6416302122800
Greinke8034311110600
McBryde53172045200
Arrow6832002420211
J. Nikorima55160298611
Fai20210910900
Adams38212098902
Barr552210911200
Total10402412771671760912

NYC GF Stats.

Seems like the Broncos dominated the Warriors in every stat but the most important one.

Kata killed it. 3 Tries, 12 Runs for 206m and 22 Tackles with 2 missed.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Browny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.